“Great location, reasonable price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chandler Inn

Chandler Inn
Ranked #66 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Owen Sound, Canada
“Great location, reasonable price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

As first-time visitors to Boston, we spent 3 nights at the Chandler Inn, and it offered everything we needed.
The location was central -- a quick walk to T stations, restaurants, sights, and shopping -- but out of the way enough to avoid lots of traffic and street noise. There is a bar at street level, but when we booked our room we requested a higher floor, and noise from the bar was never an issue.
The room wasn't huge, but it didn't need to be. We had reliable wifi and a TV, a comfortable bed, and the decor had a modern/European feel. The bathroom was tiny, but functional; the marble shower was lovely. Everything was clean.
The Chandler Inn doesn't have a gym or a pool, but we weren't there to work out or swim. I don't believe that they offer parking, but again, access to several lines on the T are within a 5-10 minute walk, which makes it great for travellers relying on public transit.
The front desk staff was helpful, and they were able to accomodate our request for an early check in.
Compared to other hotels in the area, the price of the Chandler Inn offered great value. We booked well in advance with a non-refundable internet rate, and saved $50-100/night vs. other comparable hotels.
I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ange C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

Yes, the room is tiny, as is the bathroom, and if you're looking for a gym, spa or room service go elsewhere. But if you need a very central location in downtown Boston (five minute walk to the Back Bay station, five minute walk to Tremont St. with its myriad of cafes and restaurants, about 10 minutes to Copley Square and 15 to Newbury St) at a very reasonable rate (we paid $116/night for a non-refundable rate) this is a great choice. It reminded me a lot of budget boutique hotels in continental Europe. There's no closet to hang your clothes, but there's a rack, and the bathroom only fits one person at a time but the shower is unexpectedly spacious. The shower is not completely contained (the glass door doesn't extend all the way to the end) so there's is some water spillage onto the floor, but nothing too annoying. The provided shampoos and conditioners are really terrible - they made my hair feel straw-like and the conditioner didn't even detangle, let alone condition - so I recommend you bring your own. The room is clean, we were on the eighth floor which afforded some decent views of the city, but the radiators (the old school hot water ones) can be quite noisy. The one in the hall directly in front of our door made a noise like someone was vacuuming constantly. For me it was just white noise, but if you are sensitive you'd probably need to switch rooms.

Being an avid online shopper living in Canada, we had some packages delivered to the hotel, having called first to make sure this was okay. When we checked in they had all our packages except one, despite the fact the tracking information showed that it had been delivered and signed for. The two guys on the Friday evening at check in didn't know what to do, but said the manager would be in the following morning. The manager talked about how they didn't guarantee the security of anything left in their care - something that was not mentioned when I had called previously - but ended up going on her own to pick up the missing item, at the local store. While I was obviously not thrilled it had been lost in the first place, I was impressed with the lengths she went to in order to rectify the situation.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 807 (ours) is directly across from a very noisy radiator.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lifesci99
Schenectady, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have stayed here before twice, on my way towards Provincetown. Great location, not too far from the attractions that Boston has to offer and the T is nearby also. The views are nice too It has been a few yrs since I have been there. the brunch is good also.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JamesTaft
philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed here for two nights, while in town for business. After reading the Tripadvisor reviews, I knew to expect a small room and bathroom. From my stay here I learned that I can tolerate a small room, but I absolutely need a large, or normal size, bathroom. There's little space to store your bags without feeling like you're tripping over yourself. Also, I noticed a strange smell immediately upon entering the lobby, and pervading up to my room. Not quite sure how to describe it, but it was there…

Two nice perks about the Chandler: Good location, and nice cable TV in the rooms. Also, I was unable to connect to the WiFi network with my Macbook. However, I have an old Macbook, so I'm not sure I can blame the hotel's network.

I think this place is overpriced for what it offers. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dreamer215
Sanford, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Great location in Boston and a good value. While bathrooms were small, very clean and all room appointments were very well done. Will definitely book again should we return to Boston. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BobL32771
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have stayed here every month for 3 years. Its clean, comfortable, great location, great staff, everything I need. The staff cant do enough for you.
If you want big bathrooms, this place is not for you, but I always enjoy my stay there. Stay high for a better view. The views from 7/8th floor are fabulous.

Room Tip: Great views from 7 and 8th floors
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Darren W
Peschiera del Garda, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Chandler Inn and its staff have satisfied all my expectations. Perfect, clean, quiet location in a wonderful corner of Boston. Easy to arrive to the city center but also easy for who, like me, wanted to rent a car and catch the Route 90. Congratulations to the staff always polite and willing to answer our questions!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple