“So much better than expected”
Review of Chandler Inn

Chandler Inn
Ranked #68 of 83 Hotels in Boston
San Francisco, California
“So much better than expected”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I was so pleasantly surprised with this place. I had a little problem with the reservation at first but when I got there the staff were wonderful and accommodating, the location is excellent (I could walk almost everywhere from the Museum of Fine Arts to Faneuil Hall) and the restaurant/bar is not only good but fun. My recently renovated rooms was attractive. It's an old hotel and the room was small but it was so much better than I expected - comfortable, clean and modern. There was no closet but what they had for you to hang up your clothes was very cool. I"d never seen anything like it. They have done a great job with a small space. If you're not huge, you"ll love this place.

1 Thank UniversalTourist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Good value. Great service. The front desk was always available to help. Beautifully decorated, modern, clean rooms that are on the small size but for the price is worth it. Walking distance to most points of interest and the subway. I will stay again!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Franco_A_123
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here for one night. Newbury street close by and Back Bay station around the corner! Also Faneuil Hall is on walking distance.
Modern room, good size (single occupancy). Good quality soap/shampoo/body lotion. Complimentary tea/coffee/hot chocolate in the lobby and a nice place to meet other guests in the early morning hours and have a good chat.I stayed here on a Saturday night and the room was on the first floor. The bar on the ground floor was very busy that night and if I hadn't been so tired and jet-lagged that night I would probably have needed ear-plugs.
Luggage is stored in the lobby and everybody can access it...but they took my laptop behind the reception desk, upon request.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor if you are sensitive to noise.
Franklin, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed two nights at the Chandler Inn because it was very close to where I was working very late hours. I had long difficult days ahead of me and both mornings I had no hot water. It was a horrible way to start a very long day. The first morning they offered me a free continental breakfast. I told them I'd be down in about an hour. By the time I came down at 10:20, the breakfast had ended. The staff told me that the hot water would be working again later that day. The second morning with no hot water, I came down to the front desk and met Gretchen, the manager. She was duly upset that the people she had hired had not corrected the situation. She was very professional and she took me aside and apologized and gave me a $100 credit on my bill. I honestly appreciated her attention to me, but I still would have preferred a hot shower. I'm certain the situation has been corrected and that I just happened to stay the only two nights without hot water. The bedroom was nice, the bathroom tiny but fine. The staff was kind and helpful. The Trophy Room restaurant/bar was really nice too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dawn S
Oxford, Mississippi
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I attended a conference held at Copley Place but couldn't afford the room rates there. I found the Chandler Inn to be within easy walking distance, even in the chilly weather. The room was very clean and compact, which I appreciate. And just downstairs was a nice bar/cafe with good (but pricey) food and excellent service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I arrived very early I off a red eye planning to just drop my bag but since there was a room ready they let me check in a big thank you for that! Room is small but very nice the bathroom is nicely renovated with a large shower for the space soap/shampoo is higher end overall feel is much higher then the hotels star rating. Room looks and feels very clean not much storage space no closet just a sleek stainless steel rack with a few (three I think) hangers. The window in my second floor room fully opened that was nice. Was very quiet even when the bar was full I'm the first floor. The only area that even remotely that wasn't perfect was the bed it was on the to firm side and the bedding while bright white is beginning to show some wear, based on the condition of the rest of the property I'm sure they will be replaced soon.

I'd stay here again!

1 Thank Calvin T
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Do you feel like spending the night in prison? If not, do NOT stay here! Rooms are stuffy and tiny featuring a giant feature pillow on the bed which serves no purpose other than to take up the little space you have. The bathroom seemed to be squished inside the closet leaving no space for a safe or any other usual amenities (iron and board). Staff on check in- the man was quite rude/smug and should not be working in the service industry. Most unhelpful hotel staff I have come across (and as a flight attendant, I have seen a lot) location is decent but stay somewhere with a proper sized room unless you are alike Harry potter living in a cupboard. IF YOU ARE READING THIS, CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here, better off in a hostel
2 Thank Takemesomewhere28