“Convenience, Location and Service”
Review of Chandler Inn

Chandler Inn
Ranked #69 of 83 Hotels in Boston
New York City, New York
“Convenience, Location and Service”
Reviewed 16 June 2010

Great location - came up from NYC for client meetings, took the Acela and was able to walk to the Chandler from Back Bay Station. Clean, quiet room with good flat screen for the game and wi-fi so I could work. Quick cab to the financial district in the morning (front desk called me a cab and let me know when it arrived) - and finally when I was at the train station and ready to head home, I realized i had left my train ticket in my room! The staff at the Chandler immediately searched my room and found I had inadvertently thrown it away! But they secured it! So a quick cab back to grab my ticket and then a few block walk to Back Bay Station and I was off. Thank you Gretchen & Kevin at the Chandler. Couldnt be nicer - Matt NYC

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank MJicote

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 14 June 2010

Loved the Hotel, though there was a strange smell along the corridors, probably humidaty. Nothing that a 5m with the windows opened didn't resolve. Staff very frinedly and helpfull, all was very clean. Free WiFi.
Surely we'll come back.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Le Havre, France
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Boston can be an expensive place to stay but Chandler Inn is definately worth searching out.
It is located in a trendy part of town which is quiet and residential but within easy walking distance of town and it is close to the Back Bay T line. When we arrived at the airport we decided to take a taxi for $30 but it would be quite easy to use the subway to get from the Airport. It all depends on your budget and how much stuff you have to carry.

We stayed for 3 nights and had one of the more expensive boutique rooms. The rooms are stylish and modern and are everything you need. There is free coffee in reception but breakfast wasn't included.

Attached to the hotel is a bar, but its nice, friendly and there was no noise from the bar to disturb you.

Parking is limited to the street but Boston isn't really a driving City. I would suggest arriving in Boston, do everything on foot and if you are travelling on get a car from Hertz at Park Plaza for when you leave ( again with-in easy walking distance from the hotel ). If you are doing this, take your bags to Hertz rather than leaving them at the hotel and driving back. We got lost in the one way system getting back to the hotel.

The staff were always friendly and helpful.

A very good place

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 7 June 2010

The reviews, website and pricing of the Chandler Inn Hotel made me think it was the perfect choice for a 3 day stay in Boston during June. It's well situated - only a few blocks from the Back Bay T stop - and the small size made me think 'boutique hotel'. While the staff couldn't be nicer, just about everything else could. My room was small, dank smelling and had a 'queen sized bed' that was surely no larger than a double. The bathroom was appalling. It was tiny and the tiles were cracked and old. The shower had a pipe with a hole at the top rather than a real showerhead fixture. In general, there were no amenities to speak of - no tissues in the bathroom, not a pen / pencil or piece of paper, only an armoire style box for a closet. I could barely fit my suitcase in the room without tripping over it. The TV/Cable barely worked (very basic cable) and there wasn't even an extra chair to sit in save the plastic (yes plastic!) desk chair. Ick. I had hoped for a bit more. For an extra $20/night, I found a few nearby chain hotels. I am no luxury hotel gal but I couldn't stay. I checked out the next morning (they were kind enough to allow me to do so without penalty) and went right to the Radisson (which was delightful).

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank randiritt
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 4 June 2010

Stayed at the Chandler Inn May 17-20 and it was the perfect 'base' to soak up the Boston atmosphere. It's nestled in the beautiful Back Bay area, right in a residential neighborhood and is walkable to all kinds of restaurants, and the "T" Back Bay Station for transportation.

The rooms are on the smaller side, but I already knew that by reading other reviews.
I actually got to see both the 'standard' rooms and the 'boutique' rooms. We didn't feel the need to pay the higher price for the boutique, since we were just there a couple days siteseeing around Boston before traveling down to Cape Cod for a few more days.
But as it turned out, the internet did not work in our standard room so they upgraded us to a boutique at no charge. Yes, both are pretty small rooms!
You got to give up space for location sometime.
I also highly recommend the Old Town Trolly tour.

Even though you can walk to many of the sites from the hotel, the trolly lets you see much more, and really gives you a feel for the city. You get 2 consecutive days riding, and can get off and on at any of the stops as often as you like!

It rained our 2nd day, so it sure came in handy. We visited the New England Aquarium - another MUST - We were there 4 hours, and not because of the rain.
It's an awesome aquarium!!!

Pros:
Price, accessability, cleanliness, friendliness and helpful staff
Cons:
Small rooms, but adequate

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank heat1968
Salinas, California
Reviewed 3 June 2010

The hotel is a chic boutique offering two blocks from the back bay station. Parking is off site, but not extremely difficult. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were nicely updated with AC (with remote), flat screen TV's, nice sheets, and modern bathroom. Although the rooms are small, they are perfect if you don't plan on spending a lot of time there. GREAT CHOICE OVERALL, I would go back.

New Jersey
Reviewed 1 June 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel with a couple friends over Memorial Day weekend and were very pleased. The hotel is in a great area that is easy to get to, navigate, it is in easy walking distance of the Orange line T Back Bay station, all of Back Bay and is on quiet and pleasant street. The entire hotel is nicely decorated and the rooms are superb. For a busy vacation where you wouldn't spend much time in your hotel I highly recommend you stay here. The beds a comfortable, the windows open fully to take advantage of the breeze and there is AC if you need it. We stayed in a corner room on the 7th floor and never needed the AC and the views were great. The bathroom was the only drawback and it was quite small, however for our needs it was adequate. Everything was clean, the people were pleasant and we will definitely stay here for our next trip to Boston.