“Aidan Hennessey - A fabulous hotel in a great location”

Boston Harbor Hotel
Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Dublin, Ireland
“Aidan Hennessey - A fabulous hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Initially I was booked in another Boston hotel for the week, however the web page misrepresented this other hotel which I will not name and which turned out to be dreadful. I stayed one night checked out and rang the Boston Harbour Hotel and made a second reservation. Wow was I lucky because they had availability. I could not rate this hotel high enough, the entire staff were fabulous, I wish I could replicate their level of training in my own business. The deluxe room was worth paying the extra for, it was like staying in a junior suite. The dinning experience both for breakfast and in the evening is exceptional; the food is delicious and the service 6*. Both my son and I enjoyed the health spa facilities every day and they were fantastic. The staff were very courteous and shows us round and explained how to get the most from our time there. The turn down service adds a sense of luxury to what can only be regarded as a perfect experience. I have never stayed in a hotel with so many well trained courteous, friendly and helpful staff and I experience many in various parts of the US and Europe. The

I look forwarded to returning to the Boston Harbour with my wife next time and will not trouble myself to investigate alternatives. I can only hope that the word does not spread too far and it becomes overly difficult to make another booking.

Room Tip: The Deluxe room is worth paying the extra for, I felt I was staying in a junior suite.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Aidan H
TheBostonHarborHotel, General Manager at Boston Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
It was truly a treat for us at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf to have been able to create such a positive experience for both you and your son. We are so pleased that our staff and their outstanding service levels were so generously acknowledged within your review and we look forward to greeting you and your family during any future stays in Boston. Thank you for your kind words.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

A very nice hotel despite a one very rude waiter. The hotel is in a nice walking distance from lots of restaurants, and a shops and even a 24 hour Seven Eleven 2 minutes away. ( I would avoid it after 11 p.m though gets kind of sketchy.) Most of all the staff seemed like they were genuinely being nice to us and were very helpful pointing us where we needed to be. The aquarium is walking distance from the hotel, you are going to need to walk everywhere because parking is nonexistent. Parking is 40.00 dollars a night but you can come and go as you please and leave your car there until five. Now I have to problem getting asked for identification I usually carry around my passport and school I.D because I know I look very young, but the waitress was so NASTY AND RUDE about it when asking for it and even made us wait for a very long time when we sat down. But I am not going to mark down the hotel or say it was bad for one bad egg, because after all I am 21. All in all if you are a younger crowd looking to just have fun and don't look a....certain way... there is a Marriot right down the road.

Room Tip: not for younger people. very nice view. parking is not cheap.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeanette12322
We do appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy that the convenient location of the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf worked out so well for you, but regret to read that an interaction with one staff member left you with a less-than-perfect experience. Your comments will be shared with our staff in the hopes of re-emphasizing our commitment to stellar customer service and we appreciate you alerting us to this issue. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and please come back soon!
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

It's the third time in Boston and the second time at the Boston harbour hotel. It is now officially the only hotel that I will stay at while in Boston
From the cleanliness of rooms, and lobby. The reason that brought me back was for the service. The service absolutely immaculate. The concierge service was amazing, with every restaurant recommendation dead on. I highly suggest this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank jmuzz
We love hearing that each time you have visited our wonderful city and the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf that your experience has been more than memorable. Your many delightful compliments for our hotel and staff are sincerely appreciated by our team and we look forward to welcoming your return very soon.
Bridgman, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

First trip to Boston didn't know area to stay - so I chose to stay at a couple hotels during my stay (Wharf @ a high price-Boston Common Area@ a reasonable price). I made the choice to stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel a several days because of the location and reviews and 5 star service. Received early check in, a city view room and given an upgraded room at no additional cost. The room was a nice size, loved the full-length window and the seating area. I was surprised at the lack of cleanliness of the bathroom- very noticeable mold in the show that had not been addressed. The location of the hotel was great, easy walk to Faneuil Hall and North End. For the price I don’t feel the need to go back to the Boston Harbor Hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PracticingTourist
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. It is critical for us to receive this kind of feedback from our guests, so that we can have the opportunity to evaluate our service and make improvements when needed. We will have our Housekeeping staff promptly look into the issues you mentioned and we appreciate you alerting us to this concern. We hope that you will reconsider staying with us in the future and we thank you for your review.
Lunenburg, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Our stay in the city was for both business and pleasure. We stayed for just one night but wished we were there longer. You really feel special as you come through the front door and the check in process was quick and friendly. We attended a cocktail reception on that Friday night. It was very nicely done and the food was outstanding....served by a great staff. Our "harbor view room" was beautiful and very comfortable....worth the few extra bucks for the view. We had bought a "romance package" which included a delicious breakfast (also included valet parking and champagne with strawberries....a very good value). We checked out at noon but we were able to leave our vehicle with valet until 5:00 that afternoon which was very convenient as we spent the day walking in the North End and Faneuil Hall....both just a relatively short walk from the BHH. I would highly recommend the hotel if you plan on seeing the sights along the waterfront of Boston. p.s. forgot to mention that they forgot to send our champagne and strawberries to the room.....they gave us a $100 credit off our bill which was more than fair...I don't care for champagne anyway!!

Room Tip: Opt for the harbor view room....it's spectacular!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark C
We strive to maintain the highest level of service, hospitality and comfort for our guests, so we were very happy to read that your stay with us was relaxing and truly left you feeling pampered. The convenient location of the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf makes it easy for our guests to fully explore the exciting city of Boston and we are pleased that your stay included a chance to do just that. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope to have you return very soon!
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

BHH is indeed a very good hotel, staff and service in top class. Why go elsewhere - well only if your business is in other end of town. Good restaurants, bar and very nice fitness center and SPA with 20m pool.

Room Tip: Get a harbor view and enjoy harbour the early morning sun
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Henrik_BA
TheBostonHarborHotel, General Manager at Boston Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
We love hearing when we have created a truly positive experience for our guests and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Taking advantage of our luxury amenities while staying at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf just makes an already wonderful stay even better and we are so glad you had that opportunity. We look forward to welcoming your return the next time you are in Boston.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is an amazing hotel. Had a beautiful view of the wharf/pier area. The beds are amazing, the service is absolutely top-notch. It's a very close walk to the train station and it's also fairly close to little italy. Downtown is a bit more of a walk (15 min) but with all the history, it goes by very quickly. The fitness area in this gym is quite possibly the best I've ever seen in a hotel. Has a great steam room and sauna. Everything you'd expect from a 5 star hotel, not a bad thing to say about it. Not sure I could stay anywhere else in Boston.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank drewsntravel
We are delighted that your recent stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf was one that exceeded your expectations. Your many wonderful compliments for our hotel and staff are sincerely appreciated by our team and we are thrilled to hear you had the opportunity to explore a bit of Boston while you were here. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back and we thank you for your gracious review.