“Wonderful”

Ranked #5 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It was a wonderful experience! The rooms were very comfy and clean. For my son's birthday they brought apple cider and a dessert plate. The service was spectacular! I would definitely stay here again! The concierge gave excellent restaurant and attraction recommendations. The pizza place they recommended was fabulous. The pastry place in little Italy is a must try!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Matt T
TheBostonHarborHotel, General Manager at Boston Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Happy Birthday to your son! We are delighted that your experience at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf was so memorable and we thank you for sharing your experience. Please visit us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (576)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

When we first arrived the staff was super friendly and attentive. By the evening that had definitely decreased. The room was nice. Nothing overly fancy. You pay a premium to stay in Boston. I get that. The bed was something to note. It was very comfortable! The room service prices were high, but again, any major city will be. The pool is fantastic. They have special hours for kids. The bar staff is rude and not at all accommodating. I would suggest going to an area bar where they will appreciate your patronage. Overall, I would say it was a good stay. I don't think I would seek out this hotel again if there was an area hotel with a bit cheaper price for what we got.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank JenniferMaryG
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Our hotel team value feedback from our guests, as we believe that all comments – positive or otherwise – give us the opportunity to improve the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf experience for our future guests. We regret that your visit did not measure up to your expectations and hope that you will consider returning in the future.
Falmouth, MA
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We can't say enough about our wonderful stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel. The beautiful room overlooking the harbor, the luxurious bedding, the robes and slippers, the welcoming staff in every area of the hotel, the lovely traditional decor and delicious meals...this is five stars in every sense of the word. We won't stay anyplace else in Boston!

Room Tip: The warerfront rooms!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BetsyD
TheBostonHarborHotel, General Manager at Boston Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
We are delighted that each and every aspect of your stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf was enjoyable. Knowing that your experience at our hotel made your stay in Boston perfect makes us smile! Our staff aims to offer personalized service to each our guests and we thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Boston.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Top class in every way: location, welcome, ease of reception, room size, view, food, friendliness of staff. Really difficult to find any fault with this excellent hotel which is in one of the best locations in the city. Really enjoyed and will return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank doug s
Thank you for mentioning the superior location, comfortable guestrooms and outstanding staff of the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf. We look forward to greeting you again in the future and appreciate the time you took to post a review.
Baltimore, MD USA
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hubby was there on business and I tagged along. It was a fantastic hotel with a lovely view of the Boston Harbor. I'm a nutty clean freak in hotels. I prefer to not see any evidence that the room has ever been used by anyone but me, and my compulsions were well-satisfied on this stay. Beds were comfortable, though the pillows are rather flat. Service was impeccable all around without being overbearing. Room service breakfast was tasty and prompt.

All that having been said, I wouldn't have stayed there if it had been my choice. Boston is a walking city and every day I was there I found that my destinations for shopping and site-seeing were farther away than I would have liked. While the view over the water was nice, there wasn't much life to speak of. Also, I felt oddly underdressed in my yoga pants, hoodie and baseball hat in the lobby on my way out for a walk, as if my attire wasn't up to snuff for the blue bloods congregating outside the elevators. My husband and I hit the bar on a Wednesday night in what I felt was appropriate "bar attire"... dressy jeans and trendy heals, nice cardigan, etc, and I felt out of place both in terms of my dress and my age (I'm 39).

Next time I visit Boston I'll probably book something more central. This is by no means a slight to the Boston Harbor Hotel... it's a top notch hotel... just not for me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sirisly
Thank you for sharing the parts of your stay that fully impressed you, as well as the areas that were not what you had expected. We do regret that you felt at certain times that the atmosphere was not for you, as our hope it to make every guest feel as comfortable as possible. We cannot agree with you more however, on our breathtaking views; we are thrilled that you enjoyed them. It would be our hope to have the opportunity to welcome both you and your husband back on any future stays in Boston and we thank you for your review of the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed at the BH Hotel the first weekend of May 2014. We were able to take a water taxi from the airport which was a fun way to see the City/Harbor. As for the hotel, it exceeded my expectations. Everything about my stay was great. FRom the doormen who open the front doors to greet you back to the hotel, to the food in the restaurant to the location, I was very happy with my stay. This is definitely a business-person hotel despite the basement pool and spa.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Terp95
TheBostonHarborHotel, General Manager at Boston Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
We are so happy that you enjoyed the ride on the Rowes Wharf Taxi and took advantage of this exceptionally fun way to arrive at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf. It is great to hear that our convenient location, attentive staff and outstanding dining options created a truly memorable stay for you. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for another great stay very soon and we thank you for your review.
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 17 May 2014

What a gorgeous hotel! After a three trips to the 14th floor, I finally got into my own room. Everything about the room said luxury. large comfy bed, fresh linens, fancy toiletries, marble bathroom. I was upgraded to a water view, and just sat watching the planes, helicopters and boats for a while to decompress from the travel. (Bonus - tasty hard cider in the mini bar only $6!)

Staff couldn't be more helpful. I bought a ticket from the concierge to take the water taxi to the airport ($10). It takes longer, because you also need to hop an airport bus to the terminals, but on a beautiful, sunny day it was worth the time. (Avg. cab ride is $30).

Would love to stay next April for some conferences i need to attend, but at $450/night, not sure my company would approve!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Cassyt
We are delighted to read that our staff provided exceptional and gracious service levels during your stay. Thank you for sharing your enjoyment of your accommodations and also your appreciation of the staff at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf. It would certainly be our pleasure to welcome you back very soon and we thank you for your review.