“Family package offers 5 star with added value”

Boston Harbor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Booked a KidVentures package, two doubled superior room (the BHH standard room) with harbor view. Package includes a trip to the New England Aquarium, which we all enjoyed. Breakfast at the BHH is all al la carte, there's no buffet and with the KidVentures package you get a $31 per person allowance to choose what you want, which was great and breakfast was a real family treat.

Our room was available, when we arrived at 3.30pm and we were offered complimentary drinks in the bar, whilst we waited 30 minutes or so.

We all loved the BHH, staff are attentive and friendly. It is, even by Boston standards, an expensive hotel to stay and eat at, but their various accommodation packages do make it worth considering for a family stay.

1  Thank Steve L
TheBostonHarborHotel, General Manager at Boston Harbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed such a wonderful stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf and that our KidVentures package provided the added value that made your stay exceptional. The New England Aquarium is a must-see while in Boston and we are pleased that you and your children had an opportunity to visit it. It was our pleasure to welcome all of you to our hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,988)

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My sister and I recently joined family for dinner and at the hotel. Before we were seated, my sister, who is in a wheelchair, and I were looking for the accessible restroom. We ended up in the service floor of the elevator in a business building next to the hotel. While I was looking to see where we were, the doors closed and she went missing in the elevator. A nicely dressed man came through the door and asked if I needed help. I explained what happened and he offered to walk with me to the appropriate elevator. My sister was still missing so he waited with me until she finally came back to the floor. He then led us outside and walked with us through the hotel (pushing her up the ramp) until we came to the restroom. I happened to mention that we were waiting for a table for awhile. We weren't unhappy - we were a table of 5 so we knew it would be a long time - we were enjoying the music and being outside (the hostesses were doing a great job). He offered to check on the table and he gave me an update. He waited with me until I said I'd be fine in leading her back out to the restaurant. When my sister came out, one of the service managers appeared to help us back outside. I asked him what this kind, very helpful person did at the hotel and found out he's the General Manager (he had asked the service manager to help us). When I said how helpful he had been, the service manager said that's what he's like - he's wonderful - very service oriented. We had another incident in the parking garage and ended up meeting a waitress (?) on a couple of floors. When I joked that something like this happened earlier and that Mr. Johnston had helped us - she also raved about him. I've always felt that the person in charge sets the tone for the whole business and it certainly was apparent at the Boston Harbor Hotel.
Great service at all levels!

Room Tip: Didn't stay at the hotel. We went there for dinner and to listen to a great band.
2  Thank Brniis323

We all definitely think of the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf as a special place and I thank you for your compliments for all of our staff. It was my pleasure to assist you and help to get you back to enjoying time with your family. Thank you for sharing your experience. I will be sure to share your comments with everyone as I’m sure it will make their day!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Enjoyed a recent short trip stay and I found that the hotel to be decent, clean and quiet. No complaints from my perspective on business. Good location and easy access to major sites and public transport.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Having a comfortable and convenient location to work from when traveling on business is so important and we are all very happy to learn that your stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf provided you with just that. Thank you for your kind comments; we hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is an amazing property. We had to spend an extra day in Boston because out flight home was cancelled. I called American Express, and they secured a room for the night. When we arrived at the hotel, we felt as though we were being welcomed into someone's private home. Our room overlooked the Rose Kennedy.

They have an amazingly outdoor restaurant overlooking the wharf. Both the food and service were wonderful. I have recommended this hotel to our friends who are planning a trip to Boston. This hotel was definitely one of the highlight's of our Boston adventure.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pam J

Hearing that your stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf added so much enjoyment to your stay makes us very happy. We are pleased that you enjoyed a delectable meal while enjoying views of Boston Harbor and we sincerely appreciate your kind recommendation. It would be our pleasure to have you return and we thank you for your review.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The highlight of our recent stay at The Boston Harbor Hotel was the dining experience. Our first evening we had a great table outside with a live band to listen to while we dined. The Sea Grille menu is extensive and my Halibut dish was out of this world. The restaurant was very busy but the staff handled it effortlessly. Both mornings we had room service breakfast which was efficiently handled and very good. Our room was lovely, the location of the hotel is great for visiting Boston but definitely the dining experience made the hotel stand out.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

The Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf is fortunate to be in such a vibrant and scenic waterfront location, and we are so pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy its beauty with an outdoor dining experience. Thank you for all the wonderful compliments and for sharing your story with us. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is in a great location right on Boston Harbor. The valet parking is highly recommended, it is only a few dollars more than self park and you start your stay at the front door and not in the parking garage. The check-in went smoothly. The concierge helped with dinner reservations and information to help us get to and from the Cirque du Soleil show that were attending that evening. Our room, with an extra sofa bed for our niece was beautiful and had a view of the city skyline. We dined outside on the harbor at the Sea Grille from which you can view nightly shows on the music barge and watch commuters come and go from the water taxis.

Room Tip: Choose either a city view or a harbor view room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

It certainly sounds like your recent stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowes Wharf included many of the aspects that make it such a great place to stay. We are delighted that you decided to dine on-site at the Rowes Wharf Sea Grille and enjoyed your meal and the entertainment thoroughly. We look forward to welcoming your return and thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

A solid, if uninspiring, hotel in a good location. The harbour view superior room was absolutely fine although the decor, carpets etc. need updating. Sea Grille restaurant is OK for breakfast but please change the place mats...scruffy looking and not what you want on the table at a top rated hotel.
Generally good with good service although for the cost I would expect better bars and restaurants. Everything is dated... it is a classic hotel of course but needs a modern touch to enhance it. The waterfront location is what determines the price here.

Room Tip: The harbour view rooms to get the best from the location.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sagittarius_7

Thank you for taking the time to post these thoughtful observations about your stay. It is critical for us to receive this type of feedback from our guests, so that we can continually evaluate our service and make improvements when needed. We apologize for missed opportunities to make your stay exceptional and we hope you will consider returning in the future where we can provide you with the outstanding stay that you expect from our hotel.