“A great stay!”

Boston Harbor Hotel
Ranked #5 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 12 December 2008

A wonderful experience. Fabulous views and location, wonderful dining, very attentive staff, and excellent business and conference services. We come every year for a business retreat and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Boston Harbor Hotel

Reviewed 27 November 2008

Very nice hotel, but not quite worth the price. Room service was especially good--quick and excellent food. I also appreciated the Penhaligon's bath products (Penhaligon's is a really high-quality and expensive brand of English toiletries). Minor quibbles include no Kleenex in the room (only in the bathroom) and windows not as clean as they should be. I'm quite sure there are hotels in Boston that are only slightly less good and charge about half as much for a room.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank JMK36
Reviewed 23 November 2008

This hotel cannot dissapoint you! I am a very particular when I travel and I was not disappointed one time. I booked directly with the hotel. The reservationist knew the available rooms and helped me choose one to fit my request. The room was just as she said! We had the breakfast package and used room service each morning. The food was excellent, hot and delivered timely. The view of the Harbor was fantastic. We had the 5 course dinner with the wine pairing at the Meritage. Outstanding!! The bed was very comfy, the bathroom great (a curved shower curtain rod prevented the "attack of the curtain"), the sitting area comfortable, and the views awesome! THe concierge was the best , check in and greeting awesome. We walked everywhere as the hotel was close to shopping, historical sites and Banknorth Gardens. Don't forget to eat at a Mom & Pop restaurant in the North End...Boston's Little Italy. This was our first trip to Boston and we cannpt wait to return!!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2008

I travel 60% on business and 40% for pleasure and when I travel to Boston on either I make it a point to try to get Boston Harbor Hotel. The rooms are always perfect and the concierge somehow always seems to know my name. The check in and out process takes seconds. The staff is very professional. The only negative about staying here has nothing to do with the hotel but more with the logistical nightmare of Boston traffic and trying to get around this city. I find it easier to take a taxi everywhere and leave your car parked in the garage.

• Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank Petermunzi
Reviewed 13 November 2008

We stayed at the Boston Harbour Hotel from Nov 8 - 11th. What a wonderful experience. The hotel is situated right on the water and the view of Boson Harbour is beautiful. It is in a great location only a few minutes walk from Fanheill Hall, Freedom Trail and shopping.

The hotel itself is exceptional - the room is very elegantly done and there is everything you need. The room attendants are very accommodating and pleasant. They do a turn down night service and restock your room with bottled water. It reminded me of being on a cruise - every employee you met spoke to you and went over and beyond to please you.

We ate breakfast in the main restaurant as well as one dinner meal. The food was fabulous and again the service beyond. The dinner meal was as good as any fine dining restaurant we have gone to. I can only imagine what their fine dining restaurant is like.

It is a fabulous hotel and it is easily noticeable that customer satisfaction is their number one priority.

Can't wait to visit Boston again and stay for another pampering weekend.

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed 19 October 2008

Of all the hotels in Boston, this is the best. We've stayed at the 4 Seasons, Taj, Ritz, etc. and will now only stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel. Our lovely suite had a fabulous view of the harbor through nearly floor-to-ceiling windows. The beds were very comfortable, the linens first class, the staff (especially our bell hop, Jose) extremely accomodating. From check in to check out, service was exceptional. The location was perfect, since we planned a boat tour of the harbor and the ferry terminal is steps from the hotel (ferries also there for Logan Airport and Provincetown). A short stroll took us to Faneuil Hall marketplace with all its shopping and restaurants - the place to be on a warm fall day. We dined in the hotel restaurant Friday night - the unusual menu was interesting (tapas style but bigger portions) and service very good. However, there are better restaurants in Boston (Excelsior to name one). Still, a fine meal if you want to dine in. If you are travelling to Boston and want the best - you can't go wrong with the Harbor Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2008

We stayed here on our wedding night in a suite. I preordered snacks for our room & a small breakfast for the next morning. We didn't get there till about 11:00pm, the valets/doormen are perfectly courteous & quick to open the doors. Front desk check in - very friendly & helpful.

The room was nice - didn't blow me away, but very nice (it is Boston so one does have to spend a good chunk of change for an amazing room at a 5 star hotel). Turndown service had already happened & our snacks were laid out just as I had requested. I didn't know what they had for room service & the person I spoke with just asked what I wanted - so I asked for Spinach Artichoke Dip, which they provided without problem! We also had some truffles, sparkling & still water, chips, veggies & fruit. They also provide Figi water & ice with the nightly turndown service, however on our wedding night & the first night of our weekend stay, they neglected to give us water for both of us, however the 2nd night they did. They also set out slippers for you.

The bathroom is decent, & I did appreciate the sewing kit, Shout detergent packet & mini Woolite Packet which I actually used! The towels were a bit rough.

Our morning roomservice came right on time & looked very presentable.

The NEXT weekend, we stayed there again in a smaller room - but we actually liked it better b/c it had a view of the harbor and the city! it was gorgeous. Everyone was nice. We ate at Meritage for dinner, felt a bit underdressed but the food & service was great. Next day we booked massages - very nice & the pool & locker rooms are very nice, we even used the pool & jacuzzi & they even supply shorts & t-shirts for you to work out in, or for guys to use as swim trunks, plenty of towels, robes, slippers, combs etc etc

We booked the "bed & breakfast" package which included valet parking & free breakfast at Intrigue - which was a very nice but standard breakfast buffet- but for the extra $40.00 per night - TOTALLY worth it.

Before our massages I was able to convince my new husband to book another night, we did & got to keep the same room and the next day at checkout the same girl was there & recognized us.

This is definitely the nicest hotel I have stayed in, we don't mind splurging for our wedding & plan to go back for our anniversary!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple