“Lovely Luxurious Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 83 Hotels in Boston
UK
“Lovely Luxurious Hotel”
Reviewed 16 August 2009

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in November with a friend. The lobby is beautiful, the views wonderful and the rooms are comfortable, large, stylish and luxurious. The staff were helpful, especially the concierge. When we arrived it was late at night so we ordered room service - this was very overpriced, somewhere in the region of $60 for 1 omlette and 1 salad! We didn't make that mistake again. However, we had a wonderful time at this hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Korean first
USA
Reviewed 15 August 2009

This hotel is fantastic. The location is great (right in the center of Boston near Quincy Market. And the staff is very good.

The hotel rooms are humongus. Yes, they are expensive, but they are massive. No mini bar though-- but the mini fridge does more then enough to make up for it.

LOCATION. Right in the center of Boston on Boston Harbor. You do hear the boats at night beep their horn. The location is great- near Leagal Seafood, Dunkin Donuts, Panara Bread, Joes American, and tons of other places too. It is close to the Aquariam T (subway) stop on the Blue Line. It can be a 3 minute walk or a 10 minute walk if you walk along the water.

STAFF- they are good. They get the job done. It seemed a little understaffed though.

Great hotel- if you are staying on the Cape and are doing a Boston day trip- this is a great place to stay.

I wish there was WIFI in rooms though, thats a downside.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank unbeatable34
Boston
Reviewed 13 August 2009

Top hotel, spa, service, view and location. I'm a life-long resident of Boston & suburbs. Be careful at the restaurant/cafe, they served me a flat espresso (no crema) then miraculously took it back (after seeing my look of disgust) and gave me the good stuff , leaving me wondering why do they have low end/high end stuff in a 5 star hotel. Being a gentleman from Boston, I realize many tourist might pass through the outdoor cafe, but fast service doesn't need to mean fast food.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 July 2009

I did not stay, but did get my parents a stay here and wanted to say how amazingly helpful the staff were here!

The staff were also ridiculously nice and helpful during mt parents stay.. according to my dad!

Seriously though, I spoke to them, mentioned it was a birthday weekend and they took my lead! Firstly The room was amazing, the view was stunningly breathtaking ....the harbor from Charlestown to Dorchester I think, maybe further! They also had wine and cheese in room for after dinner!

Also, on the night they arrived, I took them to dinner at The Sea Grill, a restaurant located within The Boston harbor Hotel. The food was phenomenal and so was the view. we ate outside on the harbor.

They loved it and said they would definitely be back for a longer stay!

yendesk
Reviewed 28 July 2009

We had a short weekend trip to Boston from the UK, and chose the Boston Harbor Hotel based on recommendations from colleagues.
We were driving in Massachusetts so had hired a car, so we took a deal which gave us valet parking and breakfast for $345 for one night including tax.
The hotel is conveniently placed for the sights of Boston and also for the airport (having said that, Boston is so small that this is true of many of the hotels).
The valet parking staff were efficient and courteous, as were the front desk, and we were delighted to receive an upgrade to a junior suite.
The room was spotlessly clean (just like the rest of the hotel), with an extremely comfortable bed.
It was well worth paying the extra for the breakfast, as this was delicious, and ordered off menu rather than a buffet.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel highly for anyone staying in Boston on business or for a weekend break . I really wish we could have stayed longer to make more of the hotel......and when I come away from a hotel stay thinking that, I know they've done things right.

East Coaster
Reviewed 26 July 2009

I booked here after leaving a mediocre hotel in Boston. Thanks to American Express, the staff upgraded me to a harbor view room. Elegant, comfortable and quiet. I wanted to stay a few more days. We ate at their main restaurant, which is exceptionally good but quite expensive. I will now always go back to this hotel, rather than be disappointed by others I try.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 13 July 2009

We had a few glitches to overcome - so I have mixed emotions on our stay - but I think overall - we were pleased and would return.

When we pulled up to the hotel - the porter/bellman were great and super efficient and helpful. The check in was also very well done and pleasant. We were excited as we were taken up to our room and that was when the first glitch occured. When we went into our room - there was a cheese tray and some wine with a card addressed to another GUEST!! That, of course, made us think we were in the wrong room - it was a bit disturbing and kinda took the air out of us. The bellman called down to see if there had been a mix up and they assured us that room service had simply made a mistake. We went on from there - but still a bit concerned that we were in the wrong room. Later that evening after returning from a wonderful dinner at Lucca and a stop by Modern Pastry - we planned on putting the tiramasu in the fridge and it was broken. But it was 11:15 at night and we didn't want the hassle of calling maintenance as we were ready to relax. So, the tiramasu remained un-refrigerated but it was cool enough that it didn't get ruined - gladly!!

Thought it odd that they didn't have a mini bar and no hairdryer in the bathroom. Really odd for a hotel of this caliber.

I did use the fitness center and pool and that was a delight! Almost made up for the glitches we had experience.

All the personnel we came into contact with were extremely helpful and pleasant.

When we went to checkout the next morning - they had trouble finding our car - in fact brought the wrong one to start with - another glitch - and then we had to wait while they frantically tried to find the car. The porter ran and got us two waters for the road - a nice touch to make up for our wait!

The hotel is beautiful and well appointed and the facilties were good - we'd probably give it another chance on our next trip to Boston - although the Four Seasons or Lennox looked nice as well.