“Excellent hotel in a unique location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boston Harbor Hotel

Boston Harbor Hotel
Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Kansas City, Missouri
“Excellent hotel in a unique location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night to see the 2010 Winter Classic at Fenway Park. I got upgraded to a junior suite and couldn’t have been happier with the room. The room was very spacious and included a large bathroom, large bedroom, and separate sitting area with a desk. We arrived at the hotel on the morning of the Winter Classic and we were able to get a ride in the hotels car to the game at Fenway. The service at this hotel is definitely top notch as they are very much willing to cater to your every need. The bed was very large and comfortable and the room included 2 HDTV's which was great so that you could either watch TV in bed or in the separate sitting area. The hotel also had free wifi which is also an added bonus.

Overall, I was very pleased with my short stay at the Boston Harbor Hotel. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again on my next visit. Preferably the next time I visit Boston the weather will be a bit warmer so that I can enjoy the harbor right outside of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
  • Korean first
dc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2010

We generally stay in moderate or bargain places but decided to splurge during the holidays. We stayed one night on the way from DC to Maine and bought the family package with cocoa, aquirium tickets, and valet parking. The whole experience was great. The room had a great view of the harbor and was a short hike to the North End. The staff treated us very well. With parking and aquirium tickets the overall price was a good value. For once I didn't feel like a cheap Dad cutting corners, nor did I feel ripped off at a pretentious place.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank lindinmoskva
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2009

I researched hotels and cities for a year, and chose Boston for our honeymoon. The Boston Harbor Hotel seemed like it had everything we wanted; Great location for sightseeing, beautiful views of the harbor and luxurious accommodations. The hotel ended up having all of these great amenities, but...
I am in my late 20's and my husband in his early 30's, both very relaxed people who enjoy a quiet evening in, we aren't partiers by any means. We were hoping to have a romantic week in a beautiful hotel, and were disappointed to find that this hotel was very stale as far as a romantic atmosphere goes. It was filled with business people; we didn't see any other couples staying in this hotel. All of the guests were bustling around with their brief cases and on their cell phones. We wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for what we were looking for- A warm and romantic atmosphere.
It's a perfect hotel for people on business or maybe even for a ladies weekend. Couples stick out like a sore thumb, and very obviously not the hotel's main concern.
P.S. Do not stay here if you have a pet allergy, as they allow pets to stay in the rooms, and do NOT do a good job of cleaning the pet hair, even if you request a deep cleaning (Clumps of cat hair on the chair)

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JNS1010
richmond, va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2009

Arrived at the airport, took the bus to the water taxi, took the water taxi directly to the hotel, all this in rush hour, from the time we landed until we were in the lobby was about 30 minutes. As soon as we arrived and checked in we went to the wine tasting and pairing which was excellent. We then ate dinner in the restaurant which has a magnificent view of the harbour. Our room was on a corner so we had both a harbour and a City view which we loved. The furnishing were very nice. The only issue I had was with housekeeping, one night we did not get turn down service and one day when they cleaned the rooms our bathrobes were balled up and left on the luggage stand which I thought was strange. We loved the location and ate at a great Italian place called Pomodoro the next night. The spa was very nice and we enjoyed the indoor pool while it rained. I do usually like a more updated bathroom, however it was nice and clean. I hope to stay there again sometime.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank susan822
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2009

Stay here quite often due to work, and might I just say that this hotel is simply THE best iv had yet!. Perfection.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2009

I stayed in a Deluxe City View Room for 3 nights and it was complete luxury. The room was elegantly revonated with almost an old world hotel feel to it. Facing the city, it had a beautiful view, and surprisingly you could not hear a thing outside which was great! At night I would come back to the room and the shades would be drawn, classical music playing on the Bose and Fuji water on the nightstand. I also made use of the gym and was so disappointed I didn't have a bathing suit--the Spa/lap pool and jacuzzi looked so nice! Because this hotel also has "residences" in it, the Spa area is top notch so definitely take advantage of it if you can. Great area to walk to the North End and Faneuil Hall, and the Freedom Trail. This is definitely a 5 star hotel!

1 Thank BostonianinDallas
Half Moon Bay, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2009

This hotel gets the 5 stars, no doubt about it. From the moment I walked into the hotel the staff was incredibly attentive. Room service, maids, bell captain, restaurants, front desk -- you name it, they were on it. It was one of the friendliest places at which I have ever stayed. I was upgraded to a corner semi-suite, and it was quite a sweet room. Great view, free wireless, comfy bed, and all of the amenities except coffee in the room.

And that is the rub: this is not a cheap hotel. I snagged an American Express breakfast included rate on the internet and it was a good thing: room service breakfast was $46 and I had was a bagel, lox and coffee! The taxes on rooms in Boston come to $14.4% as well. So this was a pricey stay, but I suppose that if you want this level of service it is not unreasonable to expect to pay dearly for it.

1 Thank Marfak