Four Seasons Hotel Boston
US$331
US$305
Agoda.com
1,949 results
All reviewsbristol loungehouse carpublic gardensexecutive suiteroom servicenewbury streetindoor poolbeacon hillluxury hotelthe location is perfectthe entire staffbeautiful hotelfitness centerconcierge deskfreedom trailfswedding
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We book vacations around locales with Four Seasons..that's how much we love this hotel group.
Have never had less than a ten out of ten experience at any of them (see my recent reviews for FS Chicago and Sydney, Wailea, Lanai). This just fell so far short of the mark. Diffident service, "off" small experiences like the empty coffee container in the lobby in the early morning, a waitress who never asked how our meal was, hallways so cold that even with a coat we were chilly, a mattress that left both of us with a backache after three days. Unlike the staff at the Chicago and Sydney FS, this FS staff was pleasant but not up to the usual mark. The exception is the lovely Chinese ladies who were our housekeeping staff--just charming. Perhaps they could fill all positions at this location; it would be a delightful change.
I regret to say I feel overcharged, which is the first time I have ever said this about a Four Seasons.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bonniemreeves
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

I'm dismayed to learn of your less than stellar visit. Our staff works diligently to provide fantastic guest service, and I can assure you that this experience was out of character. We take your comments with the utmost seriousness, and I would be grateful for a chance to connect with you further. I invite you to please contact me direct at awet.sium@fourseasons.com. Much thanks for this review; I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The staff were so polite, friendly and pleasant to deal with. Their courteous manner, and welcoming smile made it feel like being at home rather than being in a hotel.
The rooms were clean, and well equipped, should you require anything extra the concierge were more than happy to help and deliver this.

The spa and leisure staff were the shining lights of this visit. The spa is small but relaxing, the attentive but not over bearing staff made it easy for you to relax up on the 8th floor over looking the park and enjoy 30 minutes of calm during what was a busy trip. Furthermore, the parks and river are beautiful to run along, and the jogging maps provided by reception support this. On your return the cold water and towel on your return makethe whole experience enjoyable.

Wonderful stay, thank you

Room Tip: Rooms over looking The Boston Gardens at the front of the hotel, have wonderful views over the parks.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Harriet05

Many thanks for your review. It’s a joy to know that you had a memorable experience during your visit to our Boston hotel. We're thrilled that you had time to explore our Back Bay neighborhood afoot; the Public Garden and Charles River Esplanade are our favorite spots for a jog as well. I'm so glad you enjoyed the hotel's many amenities including the 8th Floor pool and want to thank you also for your kudos about our staff. I've passed your kind words along and hope that future travels will return you to Four Seasons.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

This hotel is ideally located right beside Boston Common and thus smack in the middle of everything worth seeing and doing in Boston.

The hotel itself is luxurious as is always the case with a Four Seasons property but it does show it's age in some parts. This is especially the case in the rooms that do appear a bit dated. However they did come with all the amenities one expects, were very spacious and had an exceptional view of Boston Common.

We never dined at the hotel restaurant, but did eat breakfast and found it very delicious with wonderful service to boot.

The best thing about this hotel was the service. It was genuine, warm and impeccable at the same time. For this reason alone I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel nor to stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your detailed feedback. It’s a delight to know that you enjoyed the location of our Back Bay Hotel; what a beautiful time of year to experience our city. Your feedback regarding our guest rooms is truly appreciated. We always want to ensure our product is as exceptional as our service. I’m thrilled to know that you received fantastic service from our team throughout your stay; what a wonderful compliment. Thank you again for your endorsement and business.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We spent 3 nights at Four Seasons Boston while attending a family friend's daughter's wedding, which was held in the hotel. We had a wonderful stay at this superb property. We've stayed at this Four Seasons on a number of occasions, but hadn't been back in a few years. (We often stay at the Taj -the old Ritz Carlton- around the corner.) There is no better location in Boston - directly across the street from the Commons, down the street from the beginning of Newbury Street, and convenient to everything in town. Hotel staff was uniformly pleasant and professional, from the doormen to the wait staff to the cleaning staff to the phone operators. Everything is Four Seasons quality, and while it is exceptional, you do pay for it. Nothing is inexpensive here, so this isn't a hotel for the budget-minded, but it's great if you can afford it.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Commons offer the best views, although there is a roof garden in the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind review. It’s a joy to know that you enjoyed the central location of our Boston hotel, but what delights me the most is that you experienced outstanding service. There is no better compliment for our team to receive.  Thank you again for your loyalty, and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

This hotel want to charge like it is a five star hotel but doesn't quite deliver the goods. First the room: We stayed in a suite, so or expectations was not only space buy luxury. We got the space but an otherwise average room. The sofa in the front room was so dirty that we covered it in blankets for the full week of our stay. Second the restaurant: while the staff seemed very nice the service was terrible. One morning my order was lost and on another morning no one would come to the table to take my order even after I asked for a waiter. Fortunately there was a Starbucks nearby. When learning of these two incidents, the restaurant management offered us a food credit at the restaurant. Unfortunately our stay was not long enough to take advantage of it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 713BizTravler
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for your review. I’m dismayed to learn of your experiences at our Hotel and restaurant. I can tell you that your experiences are an anomaly and wholly out of character for us. We take great pride not only in maintaining a pristine product, but also in providing exceptional service. I would be grateful for the opportunity to speak with you direct and invite you to email me at awet.sium@fourseasons.com. Much thanks in advance - I look forward to connecting with you.