Four Seasons Hotel Boston
Ranked #3 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great hotel, good location with view over the park. Room very comfortable. Sleep quality perfect. Reception area can be upgraded, looks outdated.Staff very friendly. Breakfast too expensive. WIFI signal in the room not very good

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Much thanks for your review. We're delighted to know that you enjoyed your luxurious guestroom and central location of our Hotel in the Back Bay neighborhood. We appreciate your feedback regarding the breakfast and WiFi signal; we have shared your comments with our Food and Beverage and Information Technology team. Thank you again for your comments; we hope to welcome you back in the near future if/when your travels return you to Boston.

-Awet Sium, Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,881)

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My home town of Boston doesn't have many luxury hotels, particularly now that the Taj (formerly the Ritz) has become completely rundown. It's a small city and property values are high, this makes hotels expensive. Expensive is okay but I want to get a lot for my money. I felt this property fell a bit short in that regard. We had a premier (I think that's what it's called) park view room, it was almost $600/night. My husband loved it. I thought it was nice, just nice. Yes, the view was lovely and the furnishings were high quality, bed was very comfortable, etc. but, nothing really stood out for me (for example, the bathtub was just a regular bath tub like you would see anywhere. Is that a big deal? No. It's just an example). The first night the room was very quiet and I slept like a dead person. The next night we could hear children squealing from the room next to us. I don't want that for $600/night (I know we can't keep children out of the hotel, unfortunately, but shouldn't the construction be such that I don't hear them? I think so). The service was very good but two things happened that bugged me. One night we came back from being out and there was no one outside to take the car. WHAT?? This is a Four Seasons (no, it was not Thanksgiving night, it was the night before). My husband went inside and didn't see anyone in the immediate vicinity. He then spied the valet over in the corner by the concierge desk hanging out talking to some woman. When he said "Can someone come take my car?" the guy looked over and said "yeah, I got it." No "i'm sorry," no running right over. Hey, when I'm paying $60 to park, I don't want to have to come in and ask if you'll take my car. Also, when we checked in I had to ask about the Amex platinum amenities, which normally doesn't happen. The woman handed me a sheet outlining the benefits. The sheet said "4 pm check out when available." Anyone familiar with platinum travel program will tell you the 4 pm check out is GUARANTEED and it's a really important benefit. I know, I probably sound like a high maintenance, horrible person. I'm not (okay I am a little high maintenance when I travel, that's why i stay at the Four Seasons). But the 4 pm check out is the main reason why I have and use the platinum card for traveling. It's a huge benefit. It's also the main reason why we try to stay in hotels that are in the program. When I called the front desk to let them know I would be using my 4 pm check out, they told me they would have to check and see if it was available. I said, "I'm calling the American Express police!" No, I didn't really say that, actually I didn't say anything. It was fine, it was "available." My husband wants me to tell you that the lobby is really beautiful. He cares about that because he gets up at or before the crack of dawn and leaves the room so he can read the paper, talk on the phone etc.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dicooley
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Much thanks for this detailed feedback. I'm disheartened to learn about your less than stellar visit. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service always - and I can assure you that your experience was not the norm. Your review has been shared with our entire team, and it is being addressed so as to ensure this never happens again. I would greatly appreciate too the opportunity to speak with you further. I can be reached at awet.sium@fourseasons.com. Thank you again; we hope that you will give us one more opportunity to show you the very best of this hotel.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My 5 night stay was most enjoyable. The room was very comfortable, and I thoroughly enjoyed the pool & steam room. Staff were exceptional. The only area that I thought needed improvement was with the breakfasts, in terms of presentation & taste.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Condor1950
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us and am happy to know you took advantage of the pool and Spa areas. Your feedback regarding our breakfast has been shared with the Food & Beverage team; they appreciate your comments and certainly take them to heart. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

With rooms costing double of the Fairmont Copley Plaza or Taj Hotel (former Ritz Carlton) extra luxurious such as seperate tub and shower, more attentive restaurant staff, and warm friendly genuine greetings (not fake, plastic attitudes) are required; and honestly this hotel is not up to bar, if you ever stayed at the Four Seasons George V in Paris, The Beverly Wilshire in Beverly Hills or the Four Seasons in Hong Kong you know exactly what I mean and this hotel does not even come close. My advice is get the hotel up to $600-$1,000 a night standards, right now the rooms are worth about half that.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Mike19782009

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and assure you that we take it to heart. We strive daily to be the hotel of choice in Boston for travelers, both with exceptional service and a pristine product. We will continue to make enhancements in the years to come to ensure a memorable guest experience. We hope you will give us another chance to show you a fantastic stay. I invite you to reach out direct to me at awet.sium@fourseasons.com should your travels return you to Boston.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed at the Four Seasons in Boston, because of a conference I was attending. The staff was excellent, warm and welcoming. The location of the hotel is a bonus, because of the Boston Commons, and the many restaurants and shops that are within walking distance. I really didn't find anything lacking (except time) during my stay there. The atmosphere of the hotel is luxurious, and it is obvious that the management attends to every detail. It is not cheap, especially when all the taxes are added to the bill. But, it is worth it!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SriMD

What a joy to read your review. I’m glad you enjoyed the hotel’s Back Bay location and am thrilled that you experienced excellent service. We pride ourselves on providing warm, caring service for all of our guests, and we hope that everyone experiences just that. I hope that future travels will return you to Four Seasons; we’d be delighted to host you once again, whether for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

It's 2:30am as I write this. I can hear what people are saying in the street. It's a Friday night. Horns are blaring continuously. I've stayed in the middle of manhattan and not had anything like this amount of room noise. Hotel itself and restaurant are very nice but you can't sleep here and I'm a great sleeper.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kelvinlily
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm dismayed to read your review. I can assure you this is an anomaly for us and something we don't hear from our guests. That being said, I more than understand just how frustrating that must have been; we place a tremendous value of sleep and take great care to ensure each of our guests has just that. Our sincere apologies, and I can only hope that you will give us one more chance to show you a seamless, quiet stay. I invite you to please reach out directly at awet.sium@fourseasons.com upon your next visit. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention; apologies on behalf of the entire team.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The hotel has a great location ,next to the park .The staff service is excellent and the maid service is exceptional ... Fresh towels ,filling ice buckets ,water bottles etc. We had breakfast , lunch and dinner in hotel ... Very good . Room service ..excellent ..on time and fresh and hot .. Nice pool area too. If you need a cab the staff does this for you .. And if you go for a run ,as you return you are given water and towel ( nice touch ) .. First class hotel .. Rooms are beautiful .. Thank you Four Seasons Boston .

Room Tip: Room with park view if possible