“Amazing Stay in every respect!”

Four Seasons Hotel Boston
Ranked #4 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Whitehouse, Ohio
“Amazing Stay in every respect!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed here for the 2014 Marathon and can't say enough about this hotel. This hotel and staff are top notch in every way. And the Bristol Lounge is one of our favorite places in Boston! Great location for the marathon, shopping, restaurants. I absolutely loved returning to the hotel after the marathon and having the staff there in the lobby applauding me and offering me goodies!! Truly a special touch. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Boston- especially for marathon weekend!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for your thoughtful review, and more importantly, congratulations on running this year’s Marathon! The Boston Marathon is truly one of our favorite city events at our Boston hotel, and we are so lucky that--again and again--so many runners from all over the world come to stay with us as part of their Marathon experience. This year was no exception, and we were so pleased that you could be our guest, and that our Bristol Lounge is among your favorite Boston destinations.

There’s nothing we enjoy more than building long term relationships with our guests, getting to know what each and every one likes, and learning what special touches we can provide. All of our Boston Marathon touches are a special way for our staff to share in your excitement. We do hope to see you back real soon. Thank you again for taking time to share your thoughts about your experience with us.

-Awet Sium, Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Purchase, New York
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The staff at the Four Seasons knew I was running the marathon before I showed up. They catered to runners the whole weekend and it made a memorable weekend even more special. Their security was top notch and made my wife feel very safe.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Many thanks for your review and congratulations on running the Boston Marathon! From the cheering squad to treats in the lobby; celebrating our guests and this special annual event is a highlight for our entire team each year. We appreciate your comments regarding our security measures and have shared with our departments. It would be an honor to welcome you back for the 2015 Boston Marathon and congratulations again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

After a long frustrating airtrip , how wonderful to be welcomed like a friend , smiled at and cossetted . I love this hotel - beautifully tidy rooms with all the right bits and pieces , a great shower , big comfortable bed , and just a feeling of pride that lifts your spirits . The bar is buzzy , very helpful staff , good cocktail list , great breakfast list ( expensive ) they even gave my business partner two cuddly toys for his daughters ...bliss for family and business alike - they really care

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for your review, which my colleagues and I found very touching because each staff member—whether in dining, front services, valet, housekeeping, engineering, or any other department—truly cares about each and every guest; we absolutely judge our success on being able to make every guest feel like family. No two guests are alike, and one of our great pleasures is attending to the unique requirements and interests of each guest while they are in our care.

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts about your visit, and for making our Boston Hotel a part of your New England business travels. All of us at Four Seasons Boston hope we can welcome you back real soon…and that your next flight is an easier one!

Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 30 April 2014

An absolutely outstanding experience in customer service from the moment we arrived with the valet to the moment we checked out! Very child friendly and accommodating. This stay exceeded our expectations!

Room Tip: request a view of the public gardens
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're delighted that your stay at our Boston hotel exceeded your expectations from the moment that you arrived. That is the greatest compliment of all! We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

We were expecting more from such hotel. It is not possibile for such hotel to differentiate between normal and fast wifi, the second one being at a hefty cost! The lack of a proper breakfast is not appreciated. Even for an expensive hotel, we found unaccebtable that you needed to pay about 20 dollars for a basic service. Overall, services were below the expected standards for such an hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sophie C
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for your candid feedback. We assure you that your comments are taken seriously and I have shared your feedback with our IT and Food and Beverage departments. I invite you to reach out to me directly at awet.sium@fourseasons.com or 617-351-2008 to learn more about your experience. I look forward to hearing from you.

Mystic, CT
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Can't say enough good about this hotel. We stay there annually during the Boston Marathon. Great location. Staff was very attentive and friendly. Applauding the marathon runners as they return to the hotel (in the lobby) is a very nice touch!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for reviewing our Boston hotel. The Boston Marathon is a favorite event for our employees to take part in, especially our cheering squad! We're delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your experience this April. Your loyalty is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back for next year's Marathon, if not before.

Greenwich, CT
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I received some Sunday afternoon Red Sox tickets through work and I wanted to take my 3 year old son to his first game at Fenway along with my wife. Rather than make a long day trip from Connecticut, we decided we would go a day early and make a weekend out of it. I have stayed in other Four Seasons in the past and I knew this was where I wanted to stay for the night.

Check-in around 4pm on Saturday could have been quicker, there was a small front desk with only 3 people working, but I think only 2 of them were actually checking people in. So this took longer then we would have liked after a long trip in the car. They did have a small wagon full of stuffed toys and offered on to our son, which he was very pleased with. This was a nice touch.

Our room was on the 7th floor and overlooking Boston Common. The room was absolutely comfortable and spacious as you would expect and the view of the park and the statues was wonderful.

I was in the mood to do absolutely nothing but enjoy the hotel. My wife went out shopping locally and had quite a nice time walking through the lovely neighborhood and checking out the shops. I took my son to the pool upstairs. We had a total blast in the pool, it was just shallow enough in the low end for him to stand, and there were plenty of noodles and swim boards for him to play with. There was also a large jacuzzi, but I didn't get a chance to use it. The pool also looked out over Boston Common through large windows and all of this natural light was very nice. There were a few lounge chairs and tables/chairs near the pool as well for relaxing or ordering food.

That evening we decided to have dinner in the bar area of the Bristol Lounge. I didn't have any prior reservations, so I called and put us on the waiting list around 730pm, they called back about 25 mins later with a free table. It was perfect for us. In the bar area, so there was plenty of action, and this way no one would pay attention to the 3 year old who was having a good time with his toys and the crayons and coloring paper they provided. The seating for our table was an L-shaped leather couch with some pillows, and this was very comfortable, especially for our son. The food was very good and the martinis were as well. There is definitely very good people watching in the lounge.

Bedtime - my big (and only) complaint about the entire stay is the fact that our room was directly across from the elevators. While I believe the hallways were all carpeted, the area between our room and the elevators was not. This meant that any conversations people were having as they came off the elevator echoed loudly into our room all night long. We were woken up on 3 separate occasions that night by people coming off the elevator chatting or having a laugh. Next time I will be sure to ask to be put further away from the elevators.

Bathtime - the hotel typically supplies L'Occitaine toiletries which are very nice, but I have stayed in other locations where they offered Bulgari. I called housekeeping about this, and they had a nice lady deliver the full line of Bulgari toiletries on at tray in about 10 minutes.

Sunday morning I had a nice workout in the gym which is very well equipped while my wife took my son swimming. We ordered breakfast at the pool and it arrived in under a half hour. During that time I had some of the complementary fruit infused water from the gym, some complementary coffee from pool side, and read one of the complementary newspapers. The breakfast was excellent, but they made one mistake. I ordered 2 eggs, they only brought one. I informed the pool attendant who took our order who apologized profusely (not a big deal) and the remaining egg was brought up in minutes. (they ended up offering to cover the entire cost of the breakfast because of this ... it was a nice gesture...however breakfast was already included in our rate...oh well)

Overall it was a very comfortable and luxurious stay that we really needed, I wish I could have stayed a few days longer...hopefully next time. My wife LOVED IT, and my son's crib was huge, and the bedding was nicer than the stuff in our bedroom at home. However like I mentioned, next time I will be sure they do not put us anywhere near the elevator. To the hotel's credit, when we checked out, the gentleman at the front desk gave me his card and told me to let him know before we come next time so he can make sure he gives us a good room. We'll see how that goes, I'm sure we'll be back before long.

Checkout - was slow. Again, only about 3 people working the front desk and they were each taking forever with whoever they were checking out (i understand that due to the level of service) but there has to be a way to make it quicker. There were only 2 other people ahead of me in line, and I think i waited close to or over 30 minutes.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the elevators. Too much noise from people coming off the elevators at nig...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank juice06870
Thank you for the generous time you spent offering feedback on your experience with us. First, we were so thrilled that we could be part of your experience of taking your three year old son to his first Red Sox game, a memory we hope was wonderful and unforgettable. How meaningful for us that you chose to stay at our Boston hotel on your visit from Connecticut for such a wonderful family get-away– thank you for thinking of us. We so appreciate your kind words about all that you enjoyed as part of your experience here, and were so pleased that your wife really enjoyed herself, and that you enjoyed your dining experiences at the pool and in The Bristol Lounge.

We likewise appreciate your feedback regarding your check-in/checkout time and room location. I invite you to contact me directly prior to your next visit so that I can ensure every single detail is exactly to your liking. Please feel free to contact me at awet.sium@fourseasons.com or (617) 351-2008. Best wishes from the Four Seasons family to yours, and all the staff here at our Back Bay hotel hope to see you, your wife and son, again very soon.