“First Class, Great location”

Four Seasons Hotel Boston
Ranked #4 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We picked the hotel for the location. It is near 2 T stops and centrally located to Fanuiel Hall, Fenway, Downtown, and teh Back Bay. Though Boston is fairly easy to get around via the T, we found that the Four Seasons location to Boston Common and the Back Bay was key. The pool was great and I can't say enough about the service and hospitality. Top notch and I think that is the point of paying the room rates here is the service. The room was huge compared to other hotel chains and the kids loved the pool. BTW, very kid friendly! Ice cream socials, and a gift basket waiting in the room after dinner. Really couldn't ask for more than that. They made our stay very enjoyable and memorable.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the indoor courtyard, but I'd recommend requesting a city view. Especially...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

It's such a joy reading your review. I'm delighted to know that you enjoyed the central location of our downtown Boston hotel; not to mention the proximity to the beautiful Boston Public Garden (especially in the Springtime!). I'm thrilled that you were able to enjoy the many amenities that we offer from the 8th floor indoor pool to the Top Secret Ice Cream Club and so much more; however, the greatest compliment of all is knowing that you received top notch service from our staff. I appreciate your endorsement greatly and look forward to personally meeting you if/when travels return you to Boston.

-Awet Sium, Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,921)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I reviewed this hotel about a year ago and titled my revie "Best of Boston'. I can confirm to you all that this is still true. Over the past year I have Boston five times and stayed at several locations in the city. The Four Seasons is the best location, has the best service and gets better (if possible) on every trip. The little things that add to the experiece makes the difference. I commented on how nice the new floor was in the fitness center to an employee and was wondering who made the flooring. Within the hour I had anevelope delivered to my room with all the information about the flooring,where to buy it and contact information. that is service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

I can’t thank you enough for your loyalty and review. Our entire team continually strives to provide the best guest service, and I'm elated when our guests experience just that. I truly believe that the special touches do make the difference between a good stay and a great stay and I'm overjoyed that you continue to have wonderful visits to our Boston hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience regarding the fitness center; I've shared your kind comments with our Spa Department. I do hope that you’ll continue to choose Four Seasons Boston in your travels. I'd be delighted to welcome you back to Boston in the future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was brought here for a Mothers Day Brunch. People were dressed in t shirts and sneakers. For $85.00 a head, they really need a dress code. Had to wait for food to come out, service was horrible, waited 20 minutes for a drink. When we called, they told us children separate in another room, running all over the place. Very loud, would never return, could of saved $500 and went to IHOP, same thing. This in NOT a 5 star resort by any means. Next year the Ritz.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bella379
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

I was mortified to read your review and dismayed at what you experienced; thank you for bringing this to our attention. On behalf of all the staff, we apologize for any displeasure. I can assure you this is not consistent with our Hotel’s track record and I’m hopeful you will contact me personally at awet.sium@fourseasons.com or (617) 351-2008 so that I can personally arrange for you to return to The Bristol Lounge and give you and your guests the 5 star experience you should have had on Mother’s Day…and that we are known for. I do hope to hear from you.

Kind regards,
Awet Sium, Hotel Manager

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I recently stayed here for a conference. The Four Searson is a beautiful hotel in a perfect Boston location looking out over Boston Common. I found the room to be very comfortable room. The staff was very friendly across the board. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your time spent at our Back Bay hotel and in our wonderful city. I appreciate your endorsement and look forward to welcoming you back if/when your travels return you to Boston.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

All aspects of the hotel stay, quality of the room, dining experience, staff attentiveness and cleanliness was excellent. Check in and out was very smooth and quick. Even the valet parking was smooth and quick.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for your comments. It's a joy to know that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay at our Back Bay hotel. We hope to welcome you back in the future if/when travels return you to Boston.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I spent one night at The Boston Four Seasons and was impressed.

My room was smallish but very well appointed. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice. The closet was large and able to store clothes and luggage.

The real strength of the hotel is its staff. They were well trained and willing to help with almost anything while keeping a smile on their face.

I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone willing to pay the price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for your kind review. I'm thrilled to know that your interactions with our entire staff were both helpful and memorable...for all the right reasons! I've shared your kind words with our staff and we're all so appreciative. Thank you again for your endorsement of our Boston Hotel; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We have just spent 3 wonderful nights at the Boston Four Seasons at the start of our honeymoon. The hotel's location is perfect- easy walking distance to shopping and all the historical sights.

We received a very warm welcome from Kendal and we were very lucky to get room 701 with fantastic views of the gardens and common. The room was equipped with everything you could need (a full size ironing board was great). The bed was so comfortable and we were never disturbed by noise. The maid service was perfect and the champagne and strawberries were a lovely surprise (and tasty!). The handwritten note from the hotel manager was a lovely touch.

Although there is so much to see outside we would strongly recommend visiting the 8th floor pool and spa - the view is great and the papers and drinks make for a very relaxing morning.

Each day we enjoyed a delicious breakfast and the staff were always so polite and helpful recommending things to do. We also enjoyed several well made drinks in the Bristol bar which had a great atmosphere.

What really made our stay was that everyone was so attentive and helpful, concierge, reception and bar staff alike. The house car is a wonderful bonus and taxis are always nearby.

Our time at the Four Seasons was without doubt the best hotel experience we have had and we hope to return to our favourite US city and hotel one day.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

What a delight to read your review, and an even bigger delight for us that your honeymoon began here at our Back Bay hotel. We strive to give each guest a perfect experience in every way, and are so pleased that your accommodations, dining and amenity experiences have been among the best you’ve ever experienced.

Boston is truly a wonderful city and we were touched to read that it also tops your list as a favorite destination. We hope to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Boston for years to come, and we wish you and your spouse a lifetime of happiness together. Thank you for having made our Boston hotel a part of your special beginning. Cheers from all of us at the Four Season Hotel Boston family, to yours.