“The Best of Boston”

Ranked #5 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Delray Beach, Florida, United States
“The Best of Boston”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Four Seasons is located across the street from The Commons. A location convenient to everything Boston has to offer. The hotel staff is well trained and motivated to be of assistance. The rooms are beautiful and perfectly maintained. The restaurant off of the lobby is convenient and good. We didn't use the spa but have been told by friends that it is really excellent.
When we come to Boston, we will only stay at the Four Seasons.

Room Tip: Select a room that overlooks the park.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Having stayed at Four Seasons in the past, I was expecting the best of what the hospitality industry has to offer. On arrival though, we were a bit disappointed. Although it is in an outstanding location (walking distance to much of the city and in between 2 "T" stops), we found the Lobby lacking luster and our room to be old fashioned in style (with a bit of a stale smell).

But the longer we stayed, the more we liked it. The staff is outstanding and definitely "made" our experience. Especially, Alex in the Pool/spa area who seemed to anticipate every need before we had it. We had mixed experiences with the concierge staff however as many of our questions had to ultimately be answered by our smart phones.

The room, although not furnished to our taste was a good size for a city hotel. It was immaculate with top quality appointments. The bed, linens and towels are top notch. We should have called down for better pillows but they would have been there in a snap! Our 7th floor room was also exceptionally quiet for it's central city location.

The pool, gym and saunas are in excellent condition and a nice addition to a downtown Boston visit.

Should we find ourselves in Boston again soon, we will definitely consider another stay here.

1 Thank Msk6261
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I have shared your feedback with our Operations team, our Concierges team, and appreciated the kind words about our great Spa colleague, Alex, which we have passed on to Spa management . I’m glad you enjoyed your accommodations and the appointments in your room, and that you enjoyed our spa and fitness facilities. I do hope you’ll be back in Boston again soon, and that when you visit, you’ll once again be our guest. Please contact me directly prior to your next visit at awet.sium@fourseasons.com so I can personally assure everything is to your liking for your stay. I appreciate you taking time to write your thoughtful review; thanks again.

–Awet Sium, Hotel Manager
Little Silver, NJ
Reviewed 19 May 2014

got in Saturday - walked a long block to Fire & ice - great fun for the kids. came back to the lounge for cocktails which were wonderful. Sunday we went to church and walked back thru the Commons and Gardens with the entire place in full bloom. stumbled onto the "Make Way for Ducklings!" annual children's parade - my future grand children will all have duckling suits! finished it off with brunch in the Ballroom - a brilliant meal. the hotel is not a low cost provider, but as an occasional reat, was well worth it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind review. It was a treat to read that you were here for the “Make Way for Ducklings” annual parade, and that you were able to enjoy many of our Boston hotel’s amenities during your stay. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed the ballroom brunch, and our Food & Beverage staff really enjoyed hearing your feedback. Thanks again for sharing your comments, and we hope to see you back at Four Seasons Hotel Boston very soon. -

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The man who checked me in on arrival came around and escorted me to the elevator. On another occasion I asked someone who was obviously already on a mission for directions. He changed course and took me to where I was going, then went on his way. Repeatedly staff seemed eager to help however they could.

Amenities, decor and upkeep of the accommodations were all top notch.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Much thanks for reviewing our Boston hotel. We’re elated that you enjoyed your amenities and stay as well as experiencing the exceptional service that we pride ourselves on. Your comments are greatly appreciated by our entire team. We hope to have the honor welcoming you back to our Back Bay hotel in the near future.

Syracuse, New York, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We picked the hotel for the location. It is near 2 T stops and centrally located to Fanuiel Hall, Fenway, Downtown, and teh Back Bay. Though Boston is fairly easy to get around via the T, we found that the Four Seasons location to Boston Common and the Back Bay was key. The pool was great and I can't say enough about the service and hospitality. Top notch and I think that is the point of paying the room rates here is the service. The room was huge compared to other hotel chains and the kids loved the pool. BTW, very kid friendly! Ice cream socials, and a gift basket waiting in the room after dinner. Really couldn't ask for more than that. They made our stay very enjoyable and memorable.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the indoor courtyard, but I'd recommend requesting a city view. Especially...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
It's such a joy reading your review. I'm delighted to know that you enjoyed the central location of our downtown Boston hotel; not to mention the proximity to the beautiful Boston Public Garden (especially in the Springtime!). I'm thrilled that you were able to enjoy the many amenities that we offer from the 8th floor indoor pool to the Top Secret Ice Cream Club and so much more; however, the greatest compliment of all is knowing that you received top notch service from our staff. I appreciate your endorsement greatly and look forward to personally meeting you if/when travels return you to Boston.

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I reviewed this hotel about a year ago and titled my revie "Best of Boston'. I can confirm to you all that this is still true. Over the past year I have Boston five times and stayed at several locations in the city. The Four Seasons is the best location, has the best service and gets better (if possible) on every trip. The little things that add to the experiece makes the difference. I commented on how nice the new floor was in the fitness center to an employee and was wondering who made the flooring. Within the hour I had anevelope delivered to my room with all the information about the flooring,where to buy it and contact information. that is service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
I can’t thank you enough for your loyalty and review. Our entire team continually strives to provide the best guest service, and I'm elated when our guests experience just that. I truly believe that the special touches do make the difference between a good stay and a great stay and I'm overjoyed that you continue to have wonderful visits to our Boston hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience regarding the fitness center; I've shared your kind comments with our Spa Department. I do hope that you’ll continue to choose Four Seasons Boston in your travels. I'd be delighted to welcome you back to Boston in the future.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was brought here for a Mothers Day Brunch. People were dressed in t shirts and sneakers. For $85.00 a head, they really need a dress code. Had to wait for food to come out, service was horrible, waited 20 minutes for a drink. When we called, they told us children separate in another room, running all over the place. Very loud, would never return, could of saved $500 and went to IHOP, same thing. This in NOT a 5 star resort by any means. Next year the Ritz.

1 Thank Bella379
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
I was mortified to read your review and dismayed at what you experienced; thank you for bringing this to our attention. On behalf of all the staff, we apologize for any displeasure. I can assure you this is not consistent with our Hotel’s track record and I’m hopeful you will contact me personally at awet.sium@fourseasons.com or (617) 351-2008 so that I can personally arrange for you to return to The Bristol Lounge and give you and your guests the 5 star experience you should have had on Mother’s Day…and that we are known for. I do hope to hear from you.

Kind regards,