“Best hotel in Boston!”

Four Seasons Hotel Boston
Ranked #4 of 85 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel is so nice, everybody was friendly and super helpful. The rooms are so big, silent and the spa is amazing. The views from the pool overlooking the public garden are superb! Extremely well located. Everything near...the subway one block away. The public garden in frontog the hotel, newbury street just next door. I would definetely look for this hotel if I return to Boston (my favorite city!)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MMURTAGH
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay with us. We are pleased you enjoyed your visit with us, and that you found our location, staff, accommodations, pool and spa second to none. I hope when travels bring you back to Boston that you’ll once again be staying with us at Four Seasons. Thank you for your kind words.

-Awet Sium, Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,908)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Overall, great experience at this hotel! The kids wanted to spend the weekend in Boston and we chose to stay the the Four Seasons. We ere warmly greeted upon arrival. Great location cross form the public gardens and just a few blocks away from newbury street. Concierge got us last minute reservations at a great restaurant and brunch the next day at the four season's was great. Kids enjoyed the room with the view overlooking the gardens.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LuxKX
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for your kind comments. We're delighted that you enjoyed the central location of our Back Bay hotel and the numerous amenities within walking distance. We've shared your review with our entire team and are overjoyed that you had a memorable experience...and for all the right reasons! We hope to have the honor of welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Four Seasons has, in recent times, become our default choice around the world if we can't find a boutique hotel in the area that meets our rather picky requirements. This one in Boston is in many ways very good - a great location, the usual wonderfully helpful staff at check-in and at the concierges desk and very good room service. What it lacks is in the public areas - it's incredibly noisy and busy. There is absolutely nowhere to go if you want to sit quietly to have a conversation. The rather depressingly dark restaurant and bar seem to be the haunt of the whole population of Boston and, as a resident of the hotel, you just feel squeezed and rather in the way. It's a shame.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Shellfire
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I’m pleased that you found our staff at the Front Desk, Concierge and Room Service to be very helpful. I’ve shared your feedback regarding the Hotel’s public areas and restaurant with our Front Services and Food & Beverage teams. We very much appreciate your comments and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you as our return guests when your travels bring you back to beautiful Boston.

–Awet Sium, Hotel Manager

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel. The staff here is top notch. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The location is perfect. The only negative this trip is that our party of 5 waited 35 minutes for breakfast in the restaurant. I'm not sure if they were short staffed, but it was a bit frustrating. We will definitely be staying here on our next visit to Boston.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

I very much enjoyed sharing your review with our staff, and they appreciate hearing that their exemplary level of service does not go unnoticed. I was surprised to hear about your wait at our restaurant and am looking into the matter with our Food & Beverage team; we certainly apologize for any delay or inconvenience.

We are most pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us and we very much look forward to seeing you as return guests upon your next trip to Boston. Thank you again for your kind words and for taking time to share your thoughts.

–Awet Sium, Hotel Manager

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is my favorite hotel in Boston! Being raised just outside of the city, I am quite familiar with Boston hotels, but I didn’t realize how much I loved the Four Seasons until choosing it for my wedding venue.
My husband and I were beyond impressed with everything the hotel had to offer. From the exceptional food to the elegant rooms this hotel is flawless. Our wedding coordinator, Robyn Yee, and her team treated us like royalty from the moment we walked in for a tour and continue to impress us today with their exceptional service if just stopping by for a drink at Bristol.
I cannot say enough good things and I highly recommend the Four Seasons Hotel for a vacation or maybe a wedding (just ask for Robyn!)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nini611

We were so delighted to read your review, and even more delighted to have been a part of your special day by assisting with your lovely wedding at our Back Bay Hotel. I was so pleased to share your review with our catering and events team, and thank you for your especially kind words about our very own Robyn Yee, who is indeed exceptional.

All of us at our Boston hotel were very touched to read your review, and we a grateful for your time in sharing your feedback and thoughts with other travelers and visitors. We hope to see you back to the Four Seasons very soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

It was a very good experience. Staff were great and the hotel was clean and comfortable. The location was perfect. This is my fourth year to stay in Boston and will be coming back. The conference facilities were perfect for the event. The food and adult beverages were perfect.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you kinds words and compliments about our extraordinary staff, location, conference facilities and food and beverage. Above all, we're most delighted that we could welcome you as a return guest and take a great deal of pride in knowing that you have visited us on multiple occasions when in Boston. We hope to welcome you back again very soon to our Back Bay hotel and appreciate the time you took to share your feedback.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Had stayed at Four Seasons Boston a few years ago and returned last week primarily because they had a swimming pool plus you can count on any FS for good bed & linens, cleanliness. This stay started off poorly; it was a rainy day and a staffer was cleaning the lobby floor with a huge machine with the noise level of ten vacuum cleaners combined. Front desk woman (Eastern European accent) was officious and repeated herself over and over about how great my room upgrade would be. When I said 'wow this rain is pretty dreary and causing traffic headaches; she said 'I love dark gloomy days like this'. She couldn't answer simple questions like: what time is coffee in the lobby (her answer: I'm not sure; we used to have it but I haven't seen in for the past five days; i'll have to check with my colleague). She had no perception to pick up on the fact that I wanted to get to my room and minimize the chit chat; didn't ask what papers I wanted, just kept repeating about the upgrade to face the public garden. Asked me if I was familiar with the hotel; I answered that I had stayed before; she was shocked. All the while the noise from the cleaning machine was deafening -- we were shouting; I finally commented on it -- she looked at me reprovingly and said that she could ask them to stop. But that was somehow my fault. Wow - I guess deafening noise and a clean floor wasn't as important as talking to a paying customer. Room was small; best thing was the window could open a few inches for fresh air. This is an old hotel that they have tried to modernize; for example they converted a tub/shower combo into a just a shower. But the bathroom size is small for a five or four star hotel; there is no tub. The toilet is right next to the sink - no private room for it and thus no privacy for 2 people in a room. Linens are good. Furniture is dated and old .... it looks like they have just recovered old chairs and sofas - they are very low and covered in a very ugly gold fake velvet / velour. Drapes are those old fashioned swag types in grandmother's living room. Doors are heavy and loud - you hear them slamming from other rooms. Locks on door are the old fashioned kind instead of newer, more secure ones where you just hold up the key card and it scans it. Food from room service was predictably expensive and not very good (fish & chips with Boston cod were so greasy they were inedible, pea risotto was lumpy and cold). Health club is managed by an outside company; it smells like sweat or an old LA Fitness where they haven't cleaned equipment or floor very well. Service was not good -- every time I tried to express myself or disappointment I felt pushback. finally said exactly that and guess what I heard from the front desk manager (Billy) -- "oh no" like that couldn't possibly be true; not like I'm sorry to hear that. Yep, pushback on everything. I just stared at him; but he still just didn't get it. Won't be staying here again. This property needs major investment and staff training. The Mandarin Oriental will get my business from here on out even though it doesn't have a pool.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank professor58

I was dismayed to read your review about your experience in Boston and would like to learn more so that I may address any issues directly with the departments or individuals concerned. I invite you to contact me at awet.sium@fourseasons.com or (617) 351-2008 so I can assist personally. I look forward to hearing from you.