“great location, rooms old and tired not in a trendy way”

Four Seasons Hotel Boston
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great location, rooms and corridor had a very strong odor of smoke, like an old ash tray. The front desk asked me my name 3 times then continued to call me by another name. My wife and I laughed so hard, we thought it was an episode of faulty towers. The concierge was first class, great knowledge of the city.

Room Tip: make sure you confirm you are getting a non smoking room, our smelt awful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for your candid feedback. I was mortified to read your review and can assure you that these comments are taken very seriously. I would be grateful if you would contact me directly at awet.sium@fourseasons.com or (617) 351-2008 so I can learn more about your experience and personally follow up with our staff. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback, which is so important to us. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We upgraded ourselves to a suite plus a connecting bedroom. Since my mom is 80, she stays in the room a lot, so it is worth it to have the extra space for her. The service was excellent. The food in the restaurant was also very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HMeyer504
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your review. We're delighted that you enjoyed your luxurious accommodations at our Boston hotel; however, the greatest compliment of all is knowing that you received excellent service throughout your stay. Our team strives daily to ensure a memorable visit for our guests and we're thrilled that you experienced just that...and for all the right reasons! Thank you again for your kind comments; we hope to have the honor of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was my first time at a Four Seasons and I can see why people stay there. The entire vibe is very classy and dignified. The rooms are large and very well-appointed and comfortable. The bed was amazingly nice. The common areas are beautiful; even the hallways look nice. There are lots of great high-end touches - ice and water at turn-down, you can pick the paper you want, etc. The service was excellent; everyone was very helpful and staff seemed willing to go out of their way to make sure things went well (I misread the times free coffee was available in the lobby so the host for the restaurant went and got me a cup). It definitely is used to dealing with a high-end clientele (the concierge seemed not to know how to recommend a place in Chinatown because the places are all "holes in the wall") but it really did seem that everyone was welcoming and eager. The location is also great. It's definitely one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Memphis_piranha
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

What a delight it was to read your review. We know that there are many wonderful hotel options in Boston; thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Boston for your time spent in the city. We so appreciate your thoughtful comments and are especially excited that you thoroughly enjoyed your entire experience. Besides our central location and our pristine product, we're proud that the most memorable aspect about our Back Bay hotel is our remarkable team.

We would not receive glowing reviews like yours were it not for our staff who are passionate about providing caring service for our guests. Thank you again for your endorsement and we hope to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Boston very soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I take a trip each year for our anniversary so this year he chose Boston. Great place for a weekend getaway. The service at the Four Seasons is excellent. When we arrived there was a beautiful strawberry dessert in our room with Happy Anniversary scrolled in chocolate so of course they were getting a good review from me! The room was the perfect size with large windows overlooking Boston Common. We had a room on about the 5th floor. Highly recommended for people watching and there was no noise through the windows.
The bedding was so comfortable and that I had to look it up when we got home to see where you can buy it ( you can buy it online BTW). The pool and hot tub were great for a relaxing dip at night, on Saturday nights they even had refreshments around the pool area and staff handing out cool towels in the hot tub. That is service! The location of the hotel is great. We walked everywhere. I would definitely stay at Four Seasons hotels again.

Room Tip: Loved the view overlooking Boston Common, and would choose a room not too high up for a better view...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aburt2 .
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

We were so touched to hear that you chose to stay at our Back Bay hotel for your anniversary trip to Boston, and I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We pride ourselves on unsurpassed service, and I’m glad you made good use of the pool, fitness center and that you enjoyed our unbeatable location across from the historic Boston Public Garden, and within walking distance to the city’s top attractions.

I do hope we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel—and to our beautiful city—in the near future. Thank you for taking time to share your thoughtful comments.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were so impressed with this hotel. The location is absolutely ideal, the rooms and public spaces were beautiful, but it was the service that was the best part of the experience. As with other 4s properties, they do everything to make you feel at home. Upon check in there were toys and snacks for our kids, champagne and dessert for us for our anniversary, and our room was set up exactly as we wanted, without having to wait for things like a rollaway for our toddler or a feather free set up in the room (often I check in and wait for those to come later, but here they were set upon arrival and so appreciated). At turndown the first night they noticed that we had surrounded the rollaway with chairs to make sure our little one didn't roll off, and upon returning there were toddler rails set up for her. I didn't even think to ask for this, but it was so welcome and impressive. We used the fitness center and pool daily - both great, and while we didn't eat at Bristol we did have room service the last day and that was prompt and delicious. I really can't say enough good things - we will definitely stay there again whenever we visit Boston!

Room Tip: We found the courtyard view room to be really quiet!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ssschgo

Sharing your thoughtful review with our staff was a real treat. I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us, and that your children enjoyed our many kids amenities. We pride ourselves on being family friendly, and I’m happy to hear that the service you experienced was top notch.

I must say – we have a very special staff here, and each and every one delights in treating every guest like family. Thank you for being our guest; I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon for another visit. Thanks again for your thoughtful review.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My husband, 2 year old daughter and I stayed here last night. From the moment we pulled in front, the service was outstanding. At the welcoming desk, they knew our daughters name from when we called to reserve. She was thrilled they knew her name. The staff really went out of their way to give our daughter an amazing experience! The room was beautiful and food was delicious. I would find it impossible to have a less than perfect stay here. A special thanks to Toni, who our daughter is still talking about!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Katcortelyou
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Boston is one of my favourite cities and the hotel is perfectly placed for those who like to stretch their legs and explore the city via footpaths. It is located just across from the Boston Commons next to Back Bay and a very short jaunt to beautiful Beacon Hill, Charles Street and the river. The rooms are sizable and designed to the Four Seasons standards.

Unfortunately I was not able to take advantage of the conveniences (pool, ect), but the restaurant was excellent as was room service. I took my mother as a treat away and she twisted her ankle on the brick sidewalks. The staff arrived within minutes with a cool compress and a wheelchair so she was not subjected to having to sojourn in the room for the rest of our stay.

May I suggest Legal Seafood which is located next door in the Statler Building, Vittoria Cafe and Mike's Pastry in the North End on Hanover Street for the best cheesecake and cannoli's you will ever have!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
FSBoston, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

We very much appreciate your kind review, and were delighted to have you and family as our guest. I do hope that your mother’s ankle is recovering, and our staff were certainly glad to assist. Hopefully you’ll have more time on your next visit to experience our rooftop pool—noted as one of New England’s best—and our relaxing whirlpool hot tub.

I was glad, however, that you made it to the North End and to Mike’s Pastry—certainly one of our staff’s favorite places, hands down. Thank you for your kind review and all of us at Four Seasons Hotel Boston hope to have you with us again very soon.