“Great place to stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 39 Boston B&B and Inns
Wantagh, New York
“Great place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

The location made it possible to tour the entire city in a weekend. They served a very nice continental breakfast, and the rooms were nicely furnished and very clean. Victor was so very helpful and friendly, and HILARIOUS! His wit and charm made us feel right at home. This would be the only place I would stay Boston.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

My first stay for three days and as a solo traveler I felt safe, comfortable, and tended to. Keith at the front desk was thorough in his overview, responsive and pleasant. He thought of what I needed and helped get my bag up the stairs. Although the rm (106) was minimal and small, it was enough and there was fresh fall air from the window. It was a busy wkend and staff kept shared bathroom clean and tidied up! The small deck overlooked the alley but made for a nice bit of fresh air with morning coffee. I also stayed two days at John Jeffries house. I far prefer the fresh air, and the attitude of Oasis. I'll be back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

OK - seemed like a lovely B&B until ..........booked through http://Hotels.com (live person) and was taking the train from NY to Boston. Due to the power outage issues in New Haven the train arrived 3 hours late and, past the 11pm time the Oasis closes. Received a call from 617 area code but no vm. Called back and the cocky owner said: are you coming ??? And, don't you read your confirmation....you should know the time we close !!" Hugh ? He did provide details on how to get in through the locked box in front to obtain my key (got in at 2am). He did call me back concerned and switched my room from a 3rd floor walk-up to the first floor in the main bldg - score !
When I arrived, quiet, clean but inn kind of dingy.
Morning: other owner not very friendly. The clock in my room was not correct (20 minutes behind which caused me to be late for an important business meeting). Had a quick continental breakfast. Asked to get a cab for me......cab late / no show. Went to meetings.......came back to room to relax, prepared for my departure to Amtrak. Got home to NY before 11 - unpacked and realized I had left a designer women's top at the INN. Called Mr. Nasty (said nothing had been turned in as of yet, cannot disturb the people in "my room" and will check at 11am the next day when they check out. He said if I don't get a call then they did not find it" . I called the next am and his attitude: you again ? Cannot check the room until they leave. I gave him a full description of the jacket which went through deft ears. Called at noon and very non nonchalantly he said, jacket not there.
I don't know what happened to my property and over the years I have left things (as we all do) and immediately they get returned. This is in REAL HOTELS.
I would be careful with this place as clothing just does not evaporate in thin air. This place gets an odd, mixed bag of people and the owners of a" certain age" seem burned-out and disinterested.

There are much better "buttoned up" places in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Lisasuzette118
Beekman NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stayed Saturday night this past weekend aside from a major parking problem (yanks v red sox game was set to start) the place itself is very nice. Keith at the front desk is very friendly and knowledgeable about the city and its attractions and you get a nice continental style breakfast in the a.m. (fruit/cereal/coffee/pastries/bagels). I would come back,

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

My business colleague and I needed to attend a meeting in Boston near the convention center, and were surprised at the Boston chain hotels' high prices. After reading the reviews of the Oasis Guest House, and seeing that the rate was considerably lower than the chains, we made reservations, although it wasn't so close to our meeting site. Arriving in Boston we took the Blue Line and Green Line to within 5 minutes of the B&B, which is on a side street close to, but not within earshot of, Mass Ave. We were warmly greeted upon arrival, and sat in the comfortable living room doing some last minute meeting prep, before going to the rooms, one on the ground floor and one on the 2nd floor. There is no elevator, and the manager offered to take a suitcase up if desired.
We each reserved a queen bed with private bath. The rooms were well furnished, very clean and completely comfortable, although the shower stall was a bit tight. Wireless internet is available, with a strong signal, throughout the House.
For dinner we strolled over to Newbury Street, which took less than 10 minutes, and chose one of the many outdoor/indoor restaurants. The next morning we took a q0-minutes, $15 cab ride to the Westin Waterfront for our meeting. The Oasis turned out to be quite suitable and convenient for our purposes.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank RiBrown74
Cold Spring, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

The care, cleanliness and attention to detail that the men who own this and Adams B&B provide cannot be faulted; the brownstone buildings that house the B&Bs, however, severely limit space and modernization of plumbing, making the rooms and baths smaller and darker than one might expect. Nevertheless, the B&Bs offer excellent, convenient, quiet and reasonably priced lodging in this popular area of Boston. We will definitely stay here again when we come to visit our grandson at a nearby college.

The breakfast items were varied, coffee hot and the ambiance of the sitting area warm and inviting. The men go out of their way to help and accommodate their guests, which goes a long way to overcome the space limitations. The owners were very willing to be flexible when our family's reservations needed to be changed at the last minute. Parking is very tight, especially for SUVs, but, altho limited in number, there always seems to be enough spaces for the guests who bring cars.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LaRiveraine
South of England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

The proprietors and staff were charming and helpful, but after three nights at Corcoran Street B & B in Washington and four nights at the Verve in New York this guest house was going to have to be really good to match their standards - it didn't.
Our room was one of the smallest we have ever had - correction, it was the smallest - and the window was adjacent to the fabled back balcony, which meant that on one morning we had two guests sitting out there with their breakfast and coffee and speaking loudly at 7.30. They realised that they may have disturbed us and offered us the facility to join them on the balcony that evening when they were planning a further chat over a bottle or two of wine!
The room had the basics, with a TV at just below ceiling level, a work surface and a chair - but little room to place our two suitcases. There is no wardrobe, just a hanging rail in the room we had.
The en-suite shower room was clean and adequate, although anyone over 14 stones/200 pounds would have difficulty using the shower "pod", and the water temperature varied alarmingly from cold to very hot when I used the shower.
The breakfast room (we were in the second building, Adams B & B, a few doors along from the main reception building) was adequate, with a choice of breads/toast, a microwave with cinnamon porridge, etc., and cake/fruit, plus cold and hot beverages - all on a self-service basis.
The location is good, in a quiet street but very close to restaurants and bars, shops and the Metro station, and easy to walk into the major areas around Boston Common (15 minutes' walk) and the Theatre District (Theater District for American readers!) - again, around 15 minutes' walk.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple