“Beautiful classic building in the heart of Boston”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Omni Parker House

Omni Parker House
Ranked #44 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brookfield, Massachusetts
“Beautiful classic building in the heart of Boston”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at Omni Parker for three nights while attending a convention at the BCEC. I did not expect much out of the hotel, and was pleasantly surprised by its location in the heart of the city. A pleasant stroll from the hotel led to numerous places to eat, historic Boston Common, and entertainment.

The room was somewhat small, but this is expected. The same with the valet parking -- costly, but no worse than anywhere else nearby. Everyone was friendly and helpful, and I had no negative interactions at all.

On the tenth floor, the city noise was definitely audible in the morning and early evening, but come bedtime it was a non-issue.

I would definitely consider them again for a future stay in the city.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NewEnglandDave

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (913)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Fort Myers, FL, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

It was overall a nice experience. The room was clean, the staff was excellent. Only negative comments are room size.... very, very small. The thin walls between rooms ...I could not only hear the person in the next room talk in the phone, but I could hear the person he was talking to. And view ....my room looked into the offices of the building across the alley. I could read what they were typing on their computers. Not only that, I had to keep my curtains closed all the time so they couldn't see me. I felt as if I were in a room without windows.

Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The location is amazing (tons of restaurants and bars in the area), very close to the market. The staff is among the friendliest and helpful I've come across. The only complaint would be room size, especially given the cost. I get that you pay more for location, but I've paid a lot less in much larger cities (including SF and NY) for much larger accommodations. We were 2 in a queen room and were tripping all over each other. The only place to put a suitcase was in the closet, which meant that the second bag had to be in the room... where there wasn't enough floor space to begin with. As a example, my bag barely fit between the bed and TV stand when I tried to roll it out. If your main concern is location, absolutely stay here! you won't find much better in the city. If you're planning on spending any time in your room, this may not be the best fit (had I been alone it could have been ok, but not with 2 people).

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this wonderful hotel for my sons wedding and couldn't be more pleased! Lovely historic suite with old world charm. The lobby and all floors are a treat for the eyes, filled with such beautiful paintings and artwork. Walk or take the T to anywhere in the city! The customer service was outstanding, from the check in staff, the doormen, bell hops, servers, housekeeping, just everyone you come into contact with make you feel welcome and special!! Now the wedding - fabulous ballroom. Couldn't have been more perfect. And the food? Delicious and well presented. Need a Wedding venue? Look no further....book yours today. Then stay in the hotel for the most memorable wedding event imaginable. BEST hotel in Boston!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Denise L
New York, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a Convention. It looks historical but luxurious. It is also very close to a lot stores, transportation, sight seeing, and the Boston Commons. Service was exceptional and staff members were very courteous.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Oscar M
Tuxedo, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We recently stayed at the Omniparker house while attending PAX East. First the guy at the desk was rude, asking me if I was poor cause my card got declined. Then they put me and my fiance in a room that had a twin bed, even tho we reserved a Queen. They then insisted that the room we were in had a queen and it took a door man to coming up and look at the bed for them to believe us. So 2 hours it took for us to get a new room. When we got into our correct room the bed didn't have any bedding so we had to find it ourselves and make the bed. Not a problem at home, but we did pay out the nose to stay here. Even then we couldn't find a comforter so we ended up having like 5 sheets all weekend as a blanket. We complained multiple times about the people banging on our door at 12am. The front desk did nothing about it and it continued to happen all 4 days we stayed there. Save your money and stay at a different hotel. It's beautiful to look at but not worth the hassle.

1 Thank Christopher G
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This hotel is skating on reputation. It is a beautiful building and the location is great, which is what you are paying for. I booked the romance package and it really wasn't worth it. The hotel forgot the turn-down service and bottle of sparkling wine. They did deliver the wine promptly when I called. But overall if would have been better to skip the package and just book the room. It is also irritating that guests must pay extra for wifi.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
We apologize for not delivering the package components correctly and will be applying a partial refund to her account to compensate for our shortcomings.