“Fantastic Find!”

Omni Parker House
Ranked #48 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Thank you trip advisor for this recommendation. My husband and I stayed here on our recent anniversary trip to Boston and it was well worth it. We signed up for the free Omni rewards as mentioned by a previous tripadvisor happy customer, and are glad we did. We were placed on the 10th floor in the corner. The noise was very minimal from the street, and our room was not as small as we expected from other reviews. I had mentioned we were celebrating our anniversary and they brought up champagne and strawberries our first night there. The staff from concierge, bell hop to room service were all exceptional nice. We took one of the freedom trail tours and our guide stopped outside our hotel and mentioned what a historic hotel it was. Ex-presidents have stayed here, and it's the oldest continually operating hotel in the country. The price is great too with other hotels in the area over double the price of the Omni. Great location to see sights and hop on the subway.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Calitomich
There are newer reviews for Omni Parker House

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Excellent staff as always with Omni Hotels. Room a little tight but that seems the norm in downtown Boston. I would not recommend pre-made things in buffet breakfast like pancakes and bacon. They were cold. Did not realize when making reservation was the oldest hotel in Boston and has all the grandeur of it's era. Our tub needed to be re-glazed but not a big deal to us. Windows not sound proof. Could hear street noise but outside was quiet most of the night. Never heard anything from surrounding quest rooms. Great location for everything! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Philip H
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Many thanks for your review and we appreciate your business!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

On my first day in Boston, I worked from 5 AM to 10 PM. By 10:30 PM I was exhausted. I fell asleep around 11 PM and was woken up around 2:30 by a Fire Alarm. Got back to bed around 4ish and was up again for work at 5 AM. The second day in Boston, I arrived back at the hotel around 1 PM where I continued to do work in my room. I was again interupted by another Fire Alarm! The outside noise was loud, and the constant knocking by the housekeeping team was unreasonable. I had to call the front desk to have the housekeeping staff stop knocking at my door, because they thought I ordered a mini-fridge. On Thursday they did the same thing, this time for a room fan. I don't speak Spanish so I know that was an issue communicating with the Housekeeping staff, but seriously... Beautiful lobby but not much else....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

There is a classic feel to this hotel that is not found in many hotels. The Omni Parker House is the oldest hotel in Boston. The rooms are a bit dated and bathrooms small but that goes with the territory. I really like the lounge to have a drink at night, and the lobby has it's own history. A great Boston experience!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank bush242
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed here for three nights in Boston. It's a really good base to see the sights. The hotel amenities are good, but our room was incredibly small, room 224, and the bed was tiny for a double. The room and hotel were very clean. Wifi in the lobby worked, but the area feels very dark. Porters very attentive. Didn't use the restaurant or the bar. Had a really 'nice' few days.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Check in efficient and friendly, all staff helpful, the room we were in was a reasonable size with two double beds that were super comfortable and clean, have to admit the bathroom was a bit small but that didnt matter, the view from our room was onto some offices but hey what do you expect in a city, the swiss alps. Location was brilliant for everything and there were lots of good restaurants around, I would certainly stay again. The worst niggle which wasnt the fault of the hotel was the appalling noise which went on for two hours in the middle of thursday night, what it was I dont know but it was loud.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SternDaleDerby
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

We were not notified by the local electric utility that they needed to perform some repairs overnight right next to the hotel but do apologize for the noise related to this work. Many thanks for your comments!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

You can't get much better than the location of the Omni. We didn't have to take a cab or the T our whole trip, and we got to the airport in under 10 minutes (ok, we were in a cab for that part). Our room was nice, we had a comfy bed, and a good view. We enjoyed our drink at the hotel bar, and the hotel was just so ornate, it was great. So we're very happy with the whole experience. Would go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple