“Gorgeous Historic Hotel at a Reasonable Price”
Review of Omni Parker House

Omni Parker House
Ranked #48 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a beautiful historic hotel with lots of old world charm. It's very clean and the staff are extremely friendly. I love the Omni Parker. It's the best value for money that I have found in the Boston area. However, it is in downtown so there is going to be noise because this is a city. It's also not cheap but if you look at other hotels of a similar caliber it's very reasonably priced. There are some odd shaped/sized rooms because it is a historic building. It is also within walking distance of many great Boston sites including the Freedom Trail, Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall, the North End. Wonderful place to stay, I've stayed here as a couple, with friends and by myself and every single time I've had a great time.

Room Tip: They have junior single rooms which are small but very functional and well appointed rooms that are...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ghoshrh
There are newer reviews for Omni Parker House

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Gorgeous hotel, fantastic room service, beautiful rooms (some can be odd shapes, but you're in a historic building which I think is part of the charm). I always stay in the Omni when I stay in Boston because it is by far the best hotel for the price that you can find.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rhea G
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Omni parker has a great traditional restaurant but my deluxe king room was smaller than my airport hotel room the night before. A maze of hot stuffy corridors led to a room overlooking a college dorm so I had to keep the drapes closed for privacy. And I could hear all that was occurring in the next room. A jar of gummies in the refreshment center is $ 13 and there wasn't diet coke in the minibar. I was there for a conference but when in Boston for business stay elsewhere.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at the Omni Parker House Hotel for a conference. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and the service we received was consistently excellent, from the person who checked us in, the lovely concierge who gave us his own stamps for our mail, the wait-staff in the bar, and the person delivering each morning's hot drink. However, we found the rooms very small - to the point of being uncomfortable. Several people at the conference we attended made the same point. We also found the rooms got extremely hot at night but the air conditioning, while very effective, was so loud it kept us awake. The hotel's location is right downtown, which is very convenient but that also exposes the hotel to a lot of road and other noise that can be quite disturbing. Overall, the service was excellent, but the other factors, and the high overall cost, mean we would be very unlikely to stay again.

1  Thank Janet H
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I booked a room (suite) that had a great deal (in my mind), price included valet parking/breakfast. We were put into a really nice suite on the 12th floor. As my husband and I considered this the honeymoon we never had, we spent the extra money and felt it was well worth it. We did have a problem the first night as two drunks got into an argument right outside our door, but hotel management comped a good portion of our bill, so that helped.

The Staff was very knowledgeable of the area, very friendly to work with and made our stay enjoyeable. They were even able to assist in ordering a short notice (less than 24 hours) Boston Creme Pie that we wanted to take with us as a gift for our next portion of the trip. The Pie was INCREDIBLE, our friends loved it. The only issue in my mind was the breakfast buffett. While good, the scrambled eggs were runny (yuck), and some of the food was stale tasting. However I am continuing the 5 rating as eating at the hotel was not my first reason for staying. Four nights in downtown Boston, 3 great Baseball games,, a perfect weekend.

Room Tip: Location, Location, Location. Park your car. From this hotel you can walk every where or take a ca...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kim c
Reviewed 9 June 2014

the location of the hotel is great, the boston common and so many store or interests are nearby, it is a good stay for both visit and business. You can enjoy this city in the station and you can get free wifi if join the select membership, it;s free.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Worked out great even when I arrived at the hotel at 11:00 at night. The only issue I had the entire 3 days was that the bellmen that were outside the night I arrived just stood around watching the my cab driver struggle with my suitcases without offering to help.

2  Thank Ingrid M