“Great Location”

Omni Parker House
Ranked #51 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed the week of the 4th of July. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was very friendly. Our room was a little small but very comfortable. Its location made it easy to visit the sites. Oh, don't forget to try the Original Boston Cream Pie.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ACatron1120

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is how a hotel should be run. Extremely friendly staff at your beck and call. The Parker's Restaurant is a must. Best Clam Chowder ever!!! Great lobster rolls and Boston Cream Pie. The only hotel in downtown Boston that could accommodate a family of 6 and I am very glad for it. We will be returning to Boston and will not look for another hotel...the Omni is great!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Peter C
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My love and I traveled on a two week North East road trip from Saint Louis with a 5 and 7 year old. We stayed only one night in Boston and I booked this hotel on Groupon for $150. What a find!

I did not realize the Omni Parker House is the oldest operating hotel in the United States and the place where Boston Cream Pie was invented. The hotel itself was stunning and the room was just fine; clean and updated. I do wish the double bed had been a queen, but it wasn't a big deal since we stayed only one night. Parking of our car was $40 unfortunately, but I knew this from researching ahead of time, and quite frankly that is the going parking rate in all of the prime
Boston tourist areas.

We did not eat in the restaurant, but it looked beautiful. After arriving at the hotel later in the eve, we stopped by to order two pieces of Boston Creme Pie for dessert. The Chef happened to be at the hostess stand and took our order. Just minutes later he hand delivered our two pieces and said they were on the house. I was just tickled pink. I thought that was a wonderful thing to do; and after keep in the 5 and 7 year old from wrestling all day on the narrow Boston sidewalks, I needed a kind gesture like that. Unfortunately, the "pie" was more like a cake and we didn't care for it that much, but who cares . . . I was so grateful for the hospitality.

The hotel was in the perfect location, almost at the beginning of the Freedom Trail near Boston Commons.

We were going to take a duck tour after walking the freedom trail, but didn't realize we needed a reservation, so we could not get on the last tour of the day. The driver informed us, that there was a $3.50 ferry from where we were at the US Constitution that would take us over just a few blocks from our hotel. What a great tip. We were all tired from walking all day and the taxi would have cost us $30-40 bucks. The ferry ride was fun and the kids rode free. It gave us a great view of the city from the harbor and dropped us off by the aquarium where we could see rehabilitated seals for free.

Quincy Market at Fanuiel Hall was fun too! Our 5 year old got picked to volunteer for a street performer and he was tickled pink. Apparently the street performers have to pass a certification before they get a permit to perform, so they were quite good.

It was a great hotel and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathleen M
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The location of this Hotel to all the sites we wanted to experience was great. The service was personable, quick and professional. I was only somewhat disappointed in the actual room. Boston was our last stop on a trip through New England. This room seemed so much smaller and confined then all the other places we stayed. The bathroom was as well, it was definitely meant for one person at a time. The bed was comfortable enough and it was relatively quiet. We could have done much worse. If we had been there first, I may have been writing a different review. After all that, I would consider staying there again. I would be more careful about the room reserved.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Many thanks for your comments! Although well maintained, the historic nature of our hotel means that some rooms are smaller than more modern buildings so it's wise to book a Deluxe category accommodation. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Omni Parker House in Boston the night of July 26TH. The hotel itself was very nice. Our room was a bit small but adequate for a one night stay. The hotels location is perfect for exploring Boston and we were finally able to do the freedom trail after living in the Boston area my entire life. We did have one bad experience during our stay. At 2AM Sunday morning we had a knock on our door while asleep, it was hotel security asking us if we would turn our tv down. Our tv was on but was not loud at all, not even close to being loud. I think it would have been much more appropriate if the front desk had called our room via phone and not disturbed us at 2AM with a knock at our door. This incident put a real damper on a fun and relaxing evening at the Omni Parker House.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

We are diligent in our efforts to provide a quiet environment for all our guests and do apologize if this policy caused you any discomfort. Many thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

They say location is everything, well that is the only thing this place has to offer! My husband and I stayed for three nights in an extremely small (standard) room with a DOUBLE Bed! When we were told the room had a double bed, upon check-in, I asked for a room change which we were willing to pay an up-grade fee. The desk clerks said the hotel was full (Tuesday through Thursday). I asked if we could get a roll away bed. The clerk didn't acknowledge the request. When we got to the room I could see why. We would not have been able to open the door if there was a roll away placed in the room. Since the room was very small, the air conditioner went from freezing us out to stuffy, hot room if we turned the unit down. We realized when we entered the bathroom, which was very large considering the room size, that we had a handicap room. The bath towel bar was low to the floor but was 3 feet away from the tub/shower! The hand towel bar was over the toilet which was 5 feet away from the sink! The sink was a very small pedestal sink and I needed to use the paper from the soap to keep it from falling into the basin of the sink. I don't know how a person with a disability could use that bathroom, having to walk back and forth to get your towel. I have never been so disappointed in a large hotel as I was with the Parker House. I would NOT recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We regret that we were unable to accommodate you in a larger room due to business levels and understand that this likely clouded your overall experience. Next time, contact the hotel directly to make your reservation and let us know precisely what would work best for you....we'll make it happen!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Don't miss this awesome piece of history. The staff is the best in town. The location is convenient to all of the Boston attractions. Don't skip the Parker House restaurant. The service, food and history are a part of the experience you will never forget.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts