“Great location for 1st time visitor to Boston”
Review of Omni Parker House

Omni Parker House
Ranked #49 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 August 2014

100 years ago this would have been the top of the line hotel. Although the size of the room and bathroom is small by today's standard everything else in this hotel is still top of the line. The location is close the the "T", Boston Commons and on the "Freedom trail" 15 minute walk to the Harbor. We never needed a Taxi except for an early morning departure to the airport. Great Stay

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve H
Write a ReviewReviews (8,033)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel is situated in the centre of Boston and only a short walk to Downtown Crossing. There's even a Walgreens and Starbucks down the road. The bell staff were so friendly and easy to talk to and extremely helpful when my family of six had over 10 bags! The hotel is beautifully designed with a historic touch and I would highly recommend staying here if you want a luxurious stay without breaking the bank!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Whitney C
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had a great stay at this beautiful hotel! The staff went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. The size of the room wasn't an issue as it had everything we needed and more than enough room for our belongings. The location was excellent-we were able to leave the car in the parking garage and walk everywhere. We used the 'park and stay' option at the government parking garage a few blocks away so it was only $45 for 3 days. We tried the Boston cream pie at the hotel which was excellent! We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone planning a Boston visit!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren R
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The rooms are small and cramped. You will be charged for internet access and lobby internet access is not necessarily available. My room was not available when stated it would be in the on-line check-in process.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Omni Parker House made me feel welcomed from the moment I walked into the lobby until the time I left . Seamus was particularly helpful upon my arrival and made sure that my bags were properly stored and secured while I went on a run until my room was ready. The location was perfect as it felt like I was within walking distance to every place I wanted to go. The room was well decorated and the A/C work great. The only issue that I had was the size of the room, which felt a little cramped even for one person, and the view , which was a brick wall. However, I understand the size due to the age and history of the hotel. The lobby was beautiful and the Parker Bar was a comfortable place to grab a drink. I would definitely stay there again provided I could get a larger room with a better view.

Room Tip: Do not choose room 911, as the view is not good at all.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason H
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This would have been an absolutely glowing five star review. I stayed at the Parker House with my daughter and son in law and 3 grandchildren (ages 3-8). Our rooms were lovely and comfortable. The check in process was smooth and the front desk personnel were pleasant, gracious and accommodating. We had purchased the Freedom Trail package and the kids loved their backpacks, activity kits, and the milk and cookies delivered to the room at bedtime. Our Freedom Trail tour with a wonderful guide was perfect in every way. The restaurant that the concierge recommended was on the water and the food was great. We loved the buffet breakfast included in the Freedom Trail package.

What went wrong? The same concierge who recommended the great restaurant booked us for a Duck Boat tour on Sunday morning at 11. He specifically told us to go to Prudential Center for the tour. Both my daughter and I heard him. He gave us subway directions to get there.
When we arrived at Prudential, our tickets were checked and we waited on line to get on the duck. After we got on the duck and were seated we were told that our tickets were for a departure from the Museum of Science and not the Prudential. There were no tours available from either location until later in the afternoon and we had to leave Boston by early afternoon. Our tickets were refunded, but we had to deal with three sobbing, very disappointed children. I understand that mistakes happen, but this was really unfortunate.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Omni is very conveniently located a couple of blocks from different subway lines. It's a very historic hotel which adds to the charm. I had been concerned about space because of other reviews. We had an executive room for my family of 4 ( mom, dad, 2 teens that prefer not to share a bed). There were 2 double beds and a pull out sofa. Unlike other hotels, there was ample room to actually pull out the sofa and still walk around in the room, which is a huge plus. It's hard to find hotel rooms that are large enough to accommodate nicely. The bathroom was a bit small with a pedestal sink so very limited counter space, but there were some shelves above the toilet. The hotel seemed well sound proofed as we were never bothered by noise either outside or inside. We had windows on 3 sides but no views worth mentioning so that was a little disappointing. The staff was mostly friendly though some of the people working in the little shop attached to the hotel seemed a bit put out to have to wait on customers. We had one experience where we actually had to wait in line for an elevator only to have people go in front of us including a bell boy helping another guest, but that was only a one time issue. Overall, we were pleased with our stay. I read other reviews that gushed about the service and I didn't really experience that, but I would stay here again. We did have Boston Cream pie in the restaurant and the service there was wonderful as was the pie. We did that with our Boston tour guide, Ben Edwards (another review posted for that). Charles Dickens once stayed here and there are some items saved from his visit. There is also a sheet detailing out the rumored hauntings in the hotel and our guide had a couple of fun stories to share as well. We registered for their preferred guest program and had free Wi-Fi which was very helpful. Connection was adequate for our use.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family