“Tiny room and bathroom”

Ranked #43 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Tiny room and bathroom”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I booked this double queen room for my family of four. I knew it might be a tight squeeze, but could not have imagined the tiny sized room assigned to us. The bellman was visibly embarrassed as he struggled to fit our luggage in the room. The bathroom was only large enough for one person to stand in, with a small pedestal sink. Shelves over the toilet were the only place to set anything down in the bathroom, and my husbands toiletries fell into the toilet because it was sloping downwards. Some of the wallpaper was peeling off in the bathroom. The towels were thin and rough. The bedroom itself was ok, and the beds were comfortable. The staff was very friendly except for the guys who go to get the car. We were told to allow for 20-30 minutes to get the car, but it took 40. The location was good, close to many good areas within walking distance. My main gripe was that this size room should never have been offered to a family of four--booked through Expedia.

Room Tip: Make sure it he room is the appropriate size for your number of guests.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lauradean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (930)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here about a month ago. Found a great Groupon rate for the hotel and booked it mainly because of it's location.

Staff was very friendly but upon check in (approx. 2pm on a Thursday) we were informed our room was a queen size bed at which point I asked for a King (Groupon was valid for a queen or king size room) at which point after a quick 5 second search I was told they were all sold out. Really??? I suspect it was because I booked through Groupon.

Our room was small which wasn't a big deal - but the bath room was handicap accessible - no tub and not even a small barrier or incline on the shower floor to prevent water from seeping onto the rest of the bathroom floor. After my 1st shower I slipped and fell and ended up with a huge bruise on my hip. Had I been an elderly or fragile person I'm sure I would have shattered my hip. We ended up using all our towels to soak up the water and had housekeeping bring us more. This room should definitely have a removable barrier for guests that are not handicap to prevent this from happening again.

I would stay here again but I would definitely demand a different room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sara A
OmniPH55, Guest Relations Manager at Omni Parker House, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
We apologize for the mishap you encountered and would be pleased to speak with you about this occurrence....please feel free to call the general manager to discuss it at your convenience. However, we have been sold out most nights this summer and can assure you that your Groupon status had nothing to do whatsoever with your room assignment.
Sharon, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were here for an overnight w/o the kids in Boston, and its a solid choice, but not great. First, the location is ideal, 5 min walk to Fanuil Hall or the Common. Its a historical building, with ornate architecture and its quite interesting. That's a plus but does not excuse the lack of effort made in updating the insides.

The rooms are rather small and dated. Walls could use painting and the bathroom is small, though the bedroom & bathroom are clean. The beds are very comfortable and linens are high quality, so we slept great. Great views from up on 14th floor also.

Fitness center is pretty large and modern -- and the wifi is press if you join their free guest program (read -- annoying emails to unsub from).

Restaurant was good and we really enjoyed the breakfast buffet (with made to order omelets, etc). They do seem to host a lot of conferences and weddings, but that was not a problem.

Recommended, though it would need to be your style for you to enjoy it (and depends on price, of course).

Seabrook, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Each year we try to mark our anniversary by doing something special. This year we wanted to go into Boston but our concern centered around high hotel costs. We found not only a great deal at the Omni Parker House but a memorable and comfortable stay! Everyone was so nice, they went out of their way to make our stay there feel special without costing an arm and a leg! We had a great package....parking and breakfast included (of course, gratuity is a must but we tipped because we wanted to...)
The room we had was a bit 'old' but the hotel itself is a gem because of it's age. The king size bed in our room was extremely comfortable, plenty of hot water and the water pressure was great. The people at the Omni Parker House REALLY went out of their way to make sure we had an enjoyable time. Front Desk personnel, Concierge, bell men....all of them were delightful and helpful! Would HIGHLY recommend staying there! Great location too!

3 Thank Marilyn I
Lawrence
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I went to Boston for a business conference and this was the "overflow" hotel after the hotel where the conference was held was booked up. I liked this hotel so much better than the conference hotel. It is beautiful, historic, clean, and everyone there was so nice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Deborah H
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Omni Parker House during our first time trip to Boston. It is an older hotel, but still very well maintained. Rooms and bathrooms are smaller, as with older hotels. Service is very good. We did not encounter any issues during our stay, which was a busy weekend.

It is very close to most of the attractions, within a 0.5-1 mile walking radius. (Fanueil Hall/Quincy market, North End, Boston Commons, etc) I was choosing between a hotel closer to the harbor and the Omni. Glad I chose this hotel -- as the harbor hotel was more expensive and quite busy.

2 Thank docneneng
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2014

As a historic hotel it has a great atmosphere and the location can't be beat. It is right on the Freedom Trail, so it is impossible to get lost. steps from Boston Common and 5 minutes to Faneuil Hall. The rooms are very small, but I had a room on the upper floor so it was very quiet given the location in the heart of the city.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business