“Terrific stay. Great location and recently remodeled.”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 8 June 2012

The hotel is in a terrific location and has been recently renovated. The staff is eager to help, and the concierge gave some great pointers for dinner and activities. We had the breakfast buffet with our kids and they loved it. All in all a really nice visit. I would stay here again if I were to visit Boston.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed 7 June 2012

The staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating. The hotel was been recently renovated...it is very contemporary, but still very comfortable with a cozy ambiance. We had a wonderful and relaxing stay. It is in a great location close to the Boston Common. The parking garage is attached and was included in our package. We will surely visit this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gbc1988
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights with a 6 month old. The staff provided a crib/cot, baby bath and travel pack of Johnson and Johnsons. All of the staff were friendly. The location was excellent for us (only a short walk to the hop on/hop off trolleys, Boston Common, subway etc). We had excellent views from our 20th floor room of Back Bay. Only downside was not having a mini fridge in the room.

As for the attached restaurant we did not enjoy that was much. We had lunch there one day and the meals were below par (mine had over-ripe advocado on it - so ripe it was brown). The buffet breakfast we also thought was below par for the standard of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I'll start by admitting that this place isn't cheap, but only by general standards. In Boston it's excellent value! We stayed for three nights (two nights in one room, then another night later in the week), and loved every minute. The beds were incredibly comfy with big squishy pillows, the bathroom had an amazing shower and we loved the little balcony (which was functional and concretey but much appreciated nonetheless). The staff there were also great and we felt welcome the whole time - the glass of champagne on arrival was an especially nice touch.

I would absolutely choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the west side have a better view of the city and are slightly quieter than the east sid...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Professional_Fan
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I took my mother to see a concert and chose this hotel because it was close to the theater district.
The hotel has a minimalistic style, which I like. It also uses a signature scent through out the lobby which I found pleasing. They carry that theme in the room with the spa shampoos etc. Check in was a breeze and accompanied by a glass of champagne. The room had a great view of the city, were sleekly decorated and the beds were very comfortable. I do agree with a previous review about the climate control. It was difficult to get the room to a comfortable temperature but it wasn't all that distracting. The water pressure in the shower was a tad weak as the shower head was a rain fall type model which i don't personally like.

I am not sure if the restaurant attached (Rustic Kitchen) is part of the hotel, but that was a disaster. Food was horrible which is too bad because they have a nice concept. I am not sure if there is a lounge associated with the hotel either. There wasn't a lobby bar, which I typically prefer for that time when you want a night cap close to your room.

They ended up charging me the wrong rate for the room, but that was amended promptly one day later. Overall, I think there is room for improvement, but we enjoyed our stay and I would recommend the hotel over some pricier ones.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I just spent one night at this hotel to go to a concert. The first glitch was that I had called two days earlier to change my reservation from one room to two adjoining rooms. Not only did I not get an e-mail confirmation to that effect despite the fact that the hotel staff person had told me that he would send it, but when we arrived, there was no record of the change. The change was made then and there. The climate control is terrible. The rooms cannot be cooled lower that 70 degrees. For over $300 / night I think one should be comfortable at night. There is a small coffee maker in the room, but I had to ask housekeeping for sugar and creamer. All not huge faults, but not good for a 4 star house. On the plus side, the location is great for the theater district. The restaurant associated with the hotel is excellent. The staff is pleasant and helpful, even if there is not enough staff for the limited reception area. Bottom line... I would not stay there again for the money.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We stayed at the Revere over Memorial Day weekend. I'll start with the "bad" - when the hotel has lots of guests like the Sat/Sun over this past weekend, the elevators are nowhere near adequate. There was constantly a group of 15 plus people waiting for the elevators. It took forever to get a car from your room down and even longer to try and get upstairs. It was quite ridiculous.

Second, to add more time onto your trip back to your room - you get to deal with the room key. I cannot tell you how frustrating this was. I am not kidding you when I say it took us 15 plus tries to get the stupid thing to finally work. You might ask why did you put up with this? Well we did call guest services to bring up a new key and no one ever showed up - my guess is they couldn't make it on the elevator.

I finally got so frustrated i went down to the front desk to get a new key myself and guess what - the folks in front of me were complaining about their keys not working. So the desk person gives us old cards from before the Revere conversion - this is what pretty much set me off. There is obviously a problem with the new Revere cards, why not just give everyone the old cards when they check in? Here is the kicker - the old cards worked only after 5 attempts, I guess that's an improvement over 15 with the new cards.

Here is my question to the management - Until your key system is fixed, would you rather hand out new shiny black cards and have your guests frustrated by them not working, or would you rather hand out the older cards and hopefully they will work (or at least not require as many attempts to get into the room)?

Now onto the positives. The location is fantastic. Starbucks across the street for morning coffee - Legal Seafood literally across from the front door and every higher end chain restaurant (if that's your thing - PF Chang's, Cal Pizza Kitchen, etc.) within one block from the hotel. Easy walk to the T for airport transit and to get to Fenway. Super close to the Common, close walk to Newberry - amazing location.

The hotel finishes are great. The rooms are gorgeous. The robes they provide are comfy. They have pump dispensers in the shower with two shampoo/gel options.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. I do have to admit at first I was a bit put off after the key fiasco and all I got from the staff was "sorry" - but after I thought about it, I'm sure they hear this from guests many times a day and what can they say/do? I'm sure they are told to give the black keys out - that is the management's call.

Some side notes - there is a small pool, I would say it's mainly for the kiddos, my four year old loved it. There is a fitness room but it's super tiny is basically in the same room as the pool. It's got a treadmill, elliptical machine and some weights. There's a great roof deck off the pool. There is no food/drink service. We never got a chance, but it would be pleasant to byob and enjoy some sun.

We'll be back to Boston, will I stay at the Revere? Maybe.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family