“Perfect stay in a great location!”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #37 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I stayed at the revere hotel in September. The hotel is very nice. The lobby is stunning. Very stylish and chic. The aroma of lobby is that of a five star spa. I stayed at the hotel with my fiancé. He was attending at seminar at the hotel. The location is great and they are pet-friendly, so we were able to bring our new puppy, both great for me so I didn't have to spend the day alone. Our room was perfect. The bed was very comfortable. I loved the rug and the headboard, not so much for the desk. But the balcony was the best feature of all. What a view, especially on a sunny morning. Breakfast in bed and a bunch of my favorite flowers made morning perfect. The staff is very helpful and genuinely friendly. My fiance raved about the food he had during his senimar and the dinner we had in rustic kitchen that evening was outstanding. We will definitely be staying at the revere hotel in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,295)

Reviewed 15 September 2012

I stayed here for one night after finishing a cruise, as I wanted to have a day for sightseeing in Boston. When searching for a hotel, I found a lot of high rates for the chain hotels. I decided to give the Revere a try -- it had a relatively better rate and seemed to be in walking distance of most of what I wanted to see in downtown Boston. And the location was great -- one block from Boston Common and the Public Garden.

I was a little surprised to see a couple negative reviews about the customer service here, because my experience was nothing but positive. I arrived at 11 am via taxi, and a very friendly employee welcomed me and brought my bags to the reception desk. I was fully expecting to simply store my bags and check-in later in the afternoon after sightseeing, but the receptionist had a room available right away. And the receptionist could not have been nicer -- she asked me if I was familiar with the area, and gave me a map. She also mentioned several of the amenities of the hotel. (I wish I could remember her name, because she was quite excellent.)

The room was spotless and comfortable, with a modern vibe that wasn't overdone. This room had two queen beds. I found a "Sleep Number" remote in the nightstand drawer -- having never experienced one of these beds, I actually couldn't figure out if one or both beds had this feature, nor could I sense any difference when I played with the controls. It didn't matter -- after spending a week on a cruise ship sleeping on a twin bed in a small cabin, I slept quite soundly this night!

One feature I especially liked was the wide range of upscale toiletry products available in the bathroom via large dispensers, rather than in tiny plastic bottles which creates way too much waste. I hope to see more hotels adopt this practice.

There was one noticeable drawback to the hotel: the elevators were slow. (I suspect they weren't replaced when the property transitioned from a Radisson earlier this year.) But that small complaint was easily made up for by the customer service. Upon my departure, I stepped out the door and was assisted into a taxi by another very friendly employee. I would gladly recommend the Revere to anyone looking for a quality hotel in Boston.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank pennmike1997
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Revere Hotel Boston Common and for your comments. I am glad to hear about the positive experience you had and how much you enjoyed the guestrooms along with the Skoah products we offer in the bathrooms. As you mentioned, we are centrally located in the city which makes sightseeing a great experience for our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 14 September 2012

I left the park plaza because it was so horrible and came to the Revere. I'll stay here every time from now on. Loved the room and everyone was very kind, not sure what the other reviewers are talking about! I had a huge wonderful king bed and the shower/bath products were amazing!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Emily C

Thank you for staying with us at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed your room and our cast. Next time you stay with us, make sure to check out Emerald Lounge and try one of their many craft cocktails like the Ten Thyme Smash, which is one of my favorite drinks since it is very refreshing. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Stayed here recently for business for 3 nights in August. Really pleased with the hotel choice, as it has the style and uniqueness of a boutique, but the convinence of a bigger hotel. Location was also unbeatable, as I was attending a conference at a nearby hotel.

The only turnoff was the work out area and the pool, which do NOT match the feel of the hotel at all. Both facilities need updating, and felt ignored. The pool area was also crowded with families pretty much the whole time (which would be fine if I was traveling with my family, but as a solo traveler it was overwhelming).

But for the price paid and the location, it was a solid deal and I'd definitely go there again. The room was big, comfortable, and stylish.

Room Tip: Get a high floor with a view of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank nfriendly
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common and for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We do accommodate all types of guests from business travelers to families, and offer many features and amenities to satisfy everyone’s needs. You will be happy to hear that we will be building a new fitness center to be completed by the end of October. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Revere Hotel in Boston while visiting our son who is in graduate school there. Our room was a suite with a cool vibe. And the hotel was pet friendly, allowing us to bring our well behaved dog with us. We chose the location to be close to our son, but the Boston Common, Public Garden and Downtown Crossing are only moments away. We awoke early and strolled along the Charles River, looping back and catching breakfast on Newbury Street. The best thing about Boston is you can walk everywhere. Only drawback to the hotel was the gym. Beautifully situated next to the indoor pool, but lacking in equipment.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jon G

Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. I am glad you enjoyed your suite and our central location in the city. You may be interested to learn that we already have plans to build a larger fitness center that will be finished by late October. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Checked in late and when asked if we wanted 2 Queen Beds; I asked if we could have a King instead. The young man immediately gave us an upgrade. Did I mention this was the first time we stayed here!?
The room was AMAZING- I am VERY particular with cleanliness ( I carry Lysol when I travel if that tells you something!)
The room was SPOTLESS- I went over it, even corners and the top of picture frames,etc. Beautifully decorated ( even if your style isn't contemporary)...AMAZING view with 2 balconies to enjoy the view (It would be nice to have a chair or 2 on the balconies!)
The bedding was beautiful- ubbelievably comfy bed. The robes were fabulous! I wanted to purchase one but felt $160 was a but steep.
The products in the bathroom- amazing! Instead of individual, wasteful little containers of shampoo, etc., they have 2 lines of products in pumps on the wall in the shower.
We ordered from the late night room service menu- which comes from a nearby diner. GREAT prices... Great food- huge servings- but something minor... They forgot to bring catsup and we had a huge order of dry onion rings. We called back and asked for catsup and they were quite nice- but didn't deliver it for another 20 -25 minutes. Needless to say, food was cold.
Our breakfast (Room Service) was delivered by the nicest man!
I have stayed in a lot of hotels in Boston including Marriott Copley Plaza, Marriott on the wharf, Park Plaza, Hilton, Sheraton... This beats them all-
I'll never stay in another hotel in Boston again!
This is it for me-

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. It is wonderful to hear how pleased you were with our guestrooms and how much you enjoyed the bedding, bathrobes, and views from the private balconies, as well as the Skoah products we offer. As part of being a green hotel, we chose to use large pumps to dispense the Skoah products in each guest bathroom so we do not waste containers just as you mentioned. Next time you stay with us, make sure to stop by Emerald Lounge to check out the décor and try one of their craft cocktails, like the Blueberry Vojito which is my personal favorite. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

We had a fantastic stay at the Revere this summer. The room (a double, with two queens) was very large and beautifully decorated, with a private terrace overlooking the city. The beds, sheets and pillows were absolutely the best I've ever experienced! A favorite part for my kids was the large pool and fitness center, which we enjoyed every day after our long walks. A wonderful 9th floor terrace patio, with plants, tables and amazing views is adjacent to the pool/fitness center, so one can sit inside or out enjoying great views while the kids swim. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the two concierges offered gracious, patient, and excellent advice. I've told all my friends about this place and can't wait to return myself. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Profe_Mary
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share the wonderful experience you and your family had while staying with us at the hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed not only the rooms, décor, and pool and fitness center, but also how helpful and accommodating our cast was in meeting your needs. As you mentioned, our hotel does offer great views of the city from both our roof top terrace and private balconies in the guestrooms, so I am glad you enjoyed these features we are able to offer. We look forward to your return in the near future!