“Great location at a great price”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #38 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

A short weekend trip. Amazing location close to shopping, commons, and nightlife. Interiors seemed to be updated recently. Chic boutique feel with great spa quality products. If I return to Boston I would easily choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank iamchrismai
There are newer reviews for Revere Hotel Boston Common

Reviewed 16 November 2012

Classy modern reception,efficient and helpful although expensive valet parking ($40pn),extremely helpful and friendly concierge (all of them).Excellent bar and restaurant, try out the spicy tuna tartare.Great location for walking anywhere,common,shops, Beacon Hill area (guys,get a hair cut at the traditional barber in beacon hill for the experience - he's barking mad but great for a dinner party story). Disappointed with the hotel policy re our cancellation,we had to cancel our trip on the day as our plane was cancelled due to hurricane, so booked identical 4days the following week but they still charged 1 nights fee $400! left a sour taste.

Room Tip: Go high for the views
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Holidaymaker147257
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Upon check in we were greeted with a glass of champagne, we stayed in room 2210 it was located away from the elevators so we did not hear any noise from that, the room was spacious,clean and modern with wonderful views from the balcony, we really enjoyed the bath products and the towels were of good quality also the elevators worked just fine with no long wait time.The hotel is in a great location close to the subway and walking distance to many restaurants. The concierge were very informative with good recommendations on a daily basis.

I could not get free wifi even though I was given a password when I checked in. Also for (2) days in a row we tried to order a bottle of the champagne that we tasted on the day that we arrived but it was never delivered, although on day three they did try to makeup for it by giving us a complimentary bottle of sparking wine.

Overall my stay at the Revere was very good and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen305
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We recently stayed at the Revere hotel for a weekend trip, and had a great experience. The location was perfect, and the view of the city was beautiful. The rooms were quite nice as well, modern decor which I liked.
We particularly enjoyed the Emerald lounge, where we had drinks after dinner. Nora, our server was especially helpful in recommending the perfect cocktails.Had a fabulous night!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mar514
Reviewed 12 November 2012

The hotel is nice but their service will need to improve. Recently, I stayed here and I checkout from the hotel on Oct 25, 2012 (room no 1121). I left my Juicy Couture black wool sweater in the room I stayed. I called the hotel twice on Oct 26th and 29th. Both time, they told me they found the sweater and reassured me that they have the policy to keep it for their clients for 30 days. On the second call, I left the specific instruction to the employee informing him that my friend would pick up the sweater on my behalf in 2 weeks. And he assured me that they would make a note of it and keep it for sure and hold it for as long as 2 months. I appreciate the gesture, but 2 weeks was all I need. Alas, two weeks later, on Nov 10th, I called the hotel with the intention to ask the staff to get the sweater ready for my friend to drop by and pick it up on that day. The staff couldn't find it. He promised to call me back three time. He only did once and I had to follow up with the hotel numerously. When I called the hotel again to follow up and inquire whether the sweater was gone, he reassured me that it was not and he would search for it again and get back to me on that day. He never did. I called the hotel again on Oct 12. They have the sweater information and the specific instruction I left noted in their system. Again, the staff promised to look for it and would get back to me in an hour. Still, I heard no news. The sweater was an expensive piece from my late grandma and it has sentimental value. For a 4 stars hotel, I expect a decent/ fair service especially after I left a specific instruction. It was only 2 weeks and the hotel seemed to have misplaced my sweater and repeatedly failed to contact me back as promised.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tannytravel
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common. It sounds like overall you had a good stay with us, but I do apologize to hear what happened after your departure. I would personally like to follow up with you regarding the issue with your sweater, if you could contact me directly at 617-457-2656 at your earliest convenience.

Simon Mais, General Manager

Reviewed 12 November 2012

I came to Boston for work and my wife stayed a couple of days on her own, the Revere was the best decision, the location is ideal for shopping, dinnig or just walking around. The hotel is and old radisson totally redone inside, it is very modern, the aroma of the air conditioner at the lobby and hallways is like clean spa smell, the friendliness of the staff is fantastic! The rooms are extremely well decorated, very modern with a very good taste. It emulates the W experience but they have gone a step ahead. The soap and shampoo choises are great.

Room Tip: Top floor 24 has a fantastic view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2012

The Revere is a trendy hotel in a great location. Greeted with a glass of champagne and very friendly customer service. Nice double guestroom with a terrace, beautiful bathroom and very nice desk with lots of workspace.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family