“Lovely hotel !”

Ranked #42 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Judique, Canada
“Lovely hotel !”
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Beautiful modern hotel in the Theatre District. We took the subway from the airport and it was just a 3 minute walk to the hotel. Although we weren't able to get into our room until VERY late, the hotel was able to accommodate us with a late check-out the day we left...very much appreciated as we had a 7pm flight home. The room was very clean & spacious and the beds were so comfortable! The concierge staff was so helpful with all of our queries.....thanks Sarge! I found the lobby very sparse, and not welcoming. Comfy couches would have been nice. It's within walking distance to a lot of shops, pubs/restaurants & a couple of coffee shops. If I have the chance to get back to Boston, I will definitely stay here again. The staff was very friendly!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank teagranny99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (704)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 23 November 2012

We stayed at the Revere with our parents the night before Thanksgiving and I have to say it was the Best experience ever! my parents being 80 ish absolutely loved the decor of the hotel and it's accessibility for them including a seat in the shower for mom inlaw who just had knee surgery! Beds were comfy, view was fantastic! We had a delicious breakfast at Rustic Kitchen then walked the Common on a gorgeous day! The staff at the hotel are all so friendly and we cannot wait to go back and see how they decorate for the holidays and maybe go to the craft beer festival ! Always something to do in Boston! Love love love the Revere!

Room Tip: If you are looking for something a little different!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Dawn M
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Just got back from a unbelievable stay at the Revere. The Hotel is imaculate and Staff were second to none. we stayed in a Junior suite with a great view of the city. Rooms were very spacious and very clean. It was also a great location making it very easy to get around to see the sites......Overall this was one of our best vacations which was made possible by the great staff at the Revere and we will definitely be going back again in the future!!!!

Room Tip: we stayed in the Junior Suite with Separate sleeping living areas. The room was stunning with very...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VacationBound538
Lake Mary, Florida
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

Check-in process: Easy. The front desk receptionist was genuinely friendly and answered my questions. He had me checked in and ready to go in 5 minutes.Lobby:Cold and modern. Nowhere to really sit or enjoy. No televisions.Elevators: Sloooooooooooowwwwwwwww. Unbelievably slow. There are 4 elevators for 24 floors. The mornings are terrible.Hallways: Smell like vomit. No idea why or how this smell permeated throughout my entire one week stay. Maybe the security guards are throwing up in the hallways instead of walking and picking up the room service orders or shoes? Maybe an eating disorder?Rooms:Trendy. Needs some updating. The wallpaper is peeling. The sliding glass doors are in bad shape and the balcony railing is dangerously low. I'd be pretty worried about liability for this if I ran this hotel.The bed is comfy. They have a "Pillow Menu," which was nice. They offer a side sleeper, hypoallergenic, and back sleeper. The side sleeper is a giant body pillow, which was pretty nice. I called the front desk and housekeeping brought it up right away.The TV didn't carry NBC for an unknown reason. It had HBO, MTV, bravo, etc...but no regular NBC.Closets were spacious and there were plenty of drawers to store things.The bathroom wasn't laid out properly. It was really small and uncomfortable. They don't give you toiletries in a traditional sense. They have pumps of different things...soap, lotion...shampoo and conditioner. They have sulfate-free products, which is nice.The bathtub was really high and I constantly hit my shins and foot while getting into and out of the tub.The showerhead had low pressure. It's one of those rainfall showerheads.There's a coffeemaker and ice bucket. The room comes with an ironing board, iron, and umbrella.Front desk staff (other than guy who checked me in):  Worthless. Every time I had a question or request, no one could help me. They weren't sure if it was allowed or they'd follow up with me. I asked for a one hour late check-out and was told I'd have to call in the morning...what's the difference between 9pm and 6am when I have to go to work? Like I said: worthless.Room Service:TERRIBLE! This hotel cannot get it together! First day, I ordered a pizza late at night and it was burned to  crisp and served cold. That's appetizing, right?I told them about this and they took it off my bill and sent up some fruit.I tried to give them another shot with breakfast. I filled out my sheet and hung it on my door. The following morning, I waited...and waited...and finally called. They didn't have my order and told me to check my door. Lo and behold, my order was still hanging there. I called again. Very apologetic and my next breakfast was on the the house.Overall, this hotel has a lonnnnnng way to go before it really reached the four-diamond status they tote. I'm not sure how they even got that rating. I'm baffled.There are plenty of great places to stay in the city. Unfortunately, this hotel didn't offer the experience I'd expect from a 4-diamond hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank MrsTravelQueen
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

A short weekend trip. Amazing location close to shopping, commons, and nightlife. Interiors seemed to be updated recently. Chic boutique feel with great spa quality products. If I return to Boston I would easily choose to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank iamchrismai
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Classy modern reception,efficient and helpful although expensive valet parking ($40pn),extremely helpful and friendly concierge (all of them).Excellent bar and restaurant, try out the spicy tuna tartare.Great location for walking anywhere,common,shops, Beacon Hill area (guys,get a hair cut at the traditional barber in beacon hill for the experience - he's barking mad but great for a dinner party story). Disappointed with the hotel policy re our cancellation,we had to cancel our trip on the day as our plane was cancelled due to hurricane, so booked identical 4days the following week but they still charged 1 nights fee $400! left a sour taste.

Room Tip: Go high for the views
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Holidaymaker147257
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Upon check in we were greeted with a glass of champagne, we stayed in room 2210 it was located away from the elevators so we did not hear any noise from that, the room was spacious,clean and modern with wonderful views from the balcony, we really enjoyed the bath products and the towels were of good quality also the elevators worked just fine with no long wait time.The hotel is in a great location close to the subway and walking distance to many restaurants. The concierge were very informative with good recommendations on a daily basis.

I could not get free wifi even though I was given a password when I checked in. Also for (2) days in a row we tried to order a bottle of the champagne that we tasted on the day that we arrived but it was never delivered, although on day three they did try to makeup for it by giving us a complimentary bottle of sparking wine.

Overall my stay at the Revere was very good and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple