“Family Fun for 4th of July”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #41 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Omaha, Nebraska
“Family Fun for 4th of July”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We stayed at Revere so we could see the Fourth of July fireworks on the river. It was in a convenient location for seeing sights of Boston. Upon checkin we had a certificate for an upgraded room; there were not any upgrades available. After taking our kids to the pool, we were surprised to see the front desk had sent up chocolate strawberries, gummy bears, snacks and drinks for us. A very nice touch!

The rooftop pool is accesible for the locals which may not be suitable for all families. We had no problems taking our kids and allowing them to swim. However, the music at the pool was very loud! There was also a really long wait for the elevators on the 4th, but it was right after the firework show. The staff was making sure that the elevators were running properly.

We would stay again; the beds and bedding were very comfortable and the toiletries in the shower gave a fun variety of options.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (713)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Beautiful, clean, convenient to everything. A few glitches with rooms (were supposed to be adjoining) but overall good experience. We found the employees in the parking area especially helpful, polite and knowledgeable about what to see, where to go etc. one employee ( of the black shirted and black hat uniform) named Youssef, went out of his way to be especially helpful to our party of four as well as other hotel guests as they appeared. Beautiful city, wonderful people...thank you from Chicago !

• Stayed June 2013
San Diego
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I stayed here for one night and I was very pleased with the experience. The hotel was on the recommended list from our customer. After reading the reviews for the hotels on the list, I selected Revere Hotel.

The hotel is very modern and everyone there was very friendly. When I checked in, I was given the choice of champagne or wine. This is a very nice touch especially on a hot day like the day I checked in. Everyone I met that worked at the hotel was super friendly and helpful.

The rooms were big and well appointed! The bed was very comfortable. Since I was only there for one night, I didn't have a chance to try out their pillow service. When I go back and stay for more days, I definitely would try it out. I always find the pillows at hotels too squishy and the hotel seems to have a good number to pick from.

The hotel is very close to the Boston common and there are a lot of restaurants around It. Since I arrived late, I just went across the street and was eating in less than 10 minutes. I know that the T is close by but did not get a chance to actually use it. The taxi ride from the airport to the hotel took about 25 minutes and cost about $30.

I would definitely come back to the Revere Hotel. I really enjoy the combination of friendliness and convenience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
SANsna thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Revere Hotel! Hopefully when you return you will be able to stay with us for more then one night and have the opportunity to try out a new pillow every night of your stay! We understand that travelers like to have options and everyone has their preferences when they are away from home; that is why we offer the Pillow Menu as a complimentary amenity at our hotel, in addition to offering two types of shampoos, conditioners and soaps in each of our guest rooms. We hope to see you soon, please contact me directly when you know you will be coming back to Boston (and please include your pillow type so I can have it in your room upon arrival!).

Claremont, CA
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We recently spent 4 nights at the start of our vacation (7/2 - 7/5) and one night at the end of our vacation at the Revere. The staff was friendly and our rooms were very nice. The beds are very comfortable and the standard pillows were great. The location of the Revere is fantastic near Boston Common and Beacon Hill. Nearby subway stations allowed us to get anywhere we needed to go in a short time. If you are coming to Boston for the first time like we were get familiar with the T (subway) right away and use it to get everywhere (we got a seven day pass and used it constantly). We never used a cab even from the airport. Highlights included the Fenway Park tour and Red Sox game at Fenway and the 4th of July celebration. Our trip was my wife and I and our sons 15 and 18. We do not eat a lot of expensive meals on a trip like this. If you like pizza Boston Kitchen Pizza right down the street is excellent and inexpensive (you would probably walk right by it if you did not read a recommendation for it. A short subway ride away is Boston Burger Company which has some of the most unique and excellent burgers we have tried. When we return to Boston (hopefully soon) we will certainly strongly consider staying at the Revere.

Room Tip: I think in the city higher floors are always best.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Trojansb thank you for your comments! Its great to hear your family really enjoyed Boston like a true local; from riding the subway, going to a Red Sox game, to the one of a kind Boston Pop's Spectacular on the 4th of July at The Hatch! We hope you join us again very soon! Please feel free to contact me directly when making your travel plans, it will be my pleasure to assist (and to make sure you receive that room on a higher floor... I have to agree, they are a preferred location when spending time in a city hotel!).

Horsham, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Great in so many ways! Modern decor, clean, great concierge service, friendly, nice size rooms, accommodating, comfortable. Would certainly rebook this hotel-great value!! Location was conducive to shopping and restaurants. Balcony in room was a nice surprise along with a clean and good smelling lobby!

• Stayed July 2013
TravellerAtHeart628 thank you so much for your great feedback! Every room in our hotel has at least one balcony, some of our suites and lofts have two! One off the bedroom, the other off of the living room! We hope to see you back soon! Please feel free to contact me directly, it would be my pleasure to assist with your reservations!

Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Revere Hotel for the 4th of July weekend. I have nothing bad to say about it. It was beautiful, clean and accommodating. The location was perfect. Did I mention the bed was so comfortable I actually miss it; not the typical hotel bed for sure. I hope everyone has the same experience as we did. Boston was a beautiful city that I hope to visit again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Cyndi K thank you so much for your kind words about the Revere Hotel! We hope to see you very soon! Please feel free to contact me directly when you start to plan your next trip to Boston!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed at the Revere Hotel in the beginning of July as a family of 5. I did not see any family negative reviews on TA about bringing children to the hotel, so with a cheaper price than many other hotels, I booked it. What a mistake! On 3 separate occasions, there was a minimum 15 person line for the elevators. There were 4 elevators and all were working!!

I did not realize this was a "party hotel" and that is my bad for not researching more intently, but the pool is closed to children after 4pm and the hallways smelled like vomit 24/7. I am not sure if the heavy aromatherapy smell in the lobby was a cover for the hallway smell, but it did not work.
The LOUD group of girls on our floor were not discreet with how they were not dressed properly to walk in between rooms in a hallway with other people and also while waiting for the elevators that ALWAYS took forever.

I must say that the rooms we had were properly insulated from most sound in the hallway. At least we had a good nights rest. Overall, NOT A FAMILY FRIENDLY HOTEL. If you are single or a young couple, this may be the hotel for you.

The location was great and within walking distance of everything we wanted to see and experience.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family