“Great hotel, competitive price for the quality”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #42 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Toronto, Canada
“Great hotel, competitive price for the quality”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay at the Revere in Boston. This was a business trip for me and I felt that the quality of the hotel was a good value for what you get: this hotel would easily be much, much more expensive in New York.

The rooms are surprisingly large: I had a guest room with a couch and desk separate from the bedroom. I did find it funny, however, that the bathroom was quite small, although this was not an issue for me (it could be for some). The room was clean and the furniture was of good quality. The quality of sleep was fantastic: I had a room adjacent to the elevator, and didn't notice a sound.

As a business traveller, I was pleased at how fast the Revere's internet is, since I am a heavy internet user with my work. The staff were also exceptional and very friendly staff, which compared to my experience with NY hotels, is not necessarily something you can always expect. The Revere has a great front desk and a keen concierge pointed me in the direction of some very good restaurants and recommended I avoid certain restaurants I actually had on my list to visit: I followed their recommendations and was very happy with the result.

The location also seemed to be pretty good: I arrived via Back Bay station which is a short walk to the hotel. Likewise, the North End was easily within walking distance. However, I'm not sure where the "best" location for a hotel would be in Boston, so I can't say definitively the location is excellent, but I would not say it's lacking.

Bottom line: I think this hotel is good value and I would recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (694)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wading River, New York
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Great location, courteous staff from valet to check in. Could see restaurants and the theate from our balcony. Not cheap, but in line with other hotels in the area. Connected to nice bar for coffee and dessert after the show. Would certainly visit again.

• Stayed November 2013
Timmins, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Had a family gathering over 4 days to celebrate my birthday and were met in our room by a birthday greeting from Michelle Tannetta, snacks, drinks and even Celtic hats (my favorite team). The rooms were outstanding, the beds were probably the most comfortable I've experienced in a hotel. Appreciated the surroundings, energy and cleanliness throughout. Big thanks to Michelle Tannetta. and Simon Mais. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dennis B, thank you so much for your 5 STAR review! We hope to see you back very soon! Maybe when the Celtics go to the Championship!

Peabody, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Revere Hotel a couple of weeks ago with our two dogs: a two-year Rottweiler and a nine-month old Pit Bull. There are so few hotels that are pet friendly, let alone luxury hotels. The Revere Hotel did not disappoint! How refreshing that the hotel does not have breed restrictions nor does it charge extra for your pets. An added bonus: the elevators were easy access from the parking garage so we did not have to walk through the lobby with the dogs. There is a small park just outside, and the Boston Common is a half-block away.

The room was absolutely lovely. The toiletries were high end and the lush bathrobe was a nice touch, as was the champagne in the lobby upon check-in and the free wi-fi. The hotel's location was perfect. We were in town to attend the Red Sox Duck Boat parade and we could not have been closer. We will definitely stay there again, with or without the pups.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
CamilleBartlett, thank you so much for your FABULOUS 5 STAR review!
Being a dog lover and owner myself I know how difficult it can be to travel with a breed that unfortunately catches a bad rep! We hope to see you and your puppies back VERY soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Was here for just a night for work so my experience was limited (would love to have checked out the fitness center which seemed great.)

The whole aesthetic of the place is odd. A multi-million dollar re-design shows through much of the hotel but not really others. The exterior of the building is depressing - looks like an old Radisson / parking garage (oh, wait - it was!) The interior is a different story. I thought the lobby was pretty though not super functional - the check-in desk weirdly blocked by a spiral seating area. The elevators are another example of misguided door - giant neon green grass blades make it look like an elevator in a Chinese restaurant.

The rooms are nice - spacious, most with balconies (though concrete balconies at that), coffee makers, nice products, huge TV, big workspace, etc.

One really annoying thing: great that they have free wi-fi but it crawled - basically didn't work at all. I complain about this in most of my reviews but this is some of the worst I've seen. I had to do all of my evening work off of my phone.

I think the stars this hotel receives largely depends on what you pay: if you get a reasonable rate it's a nice hotel in a great location with some nice perks like a roof bar and pool. If you're paying an arm and a leg, you'll want to find a modern hotel that is top notch inside and out.

Bonus: the event / conference space they have adjacent is really nice / cool.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank kmelkhat
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Loved this hotel! We were greeted with glasses of champagne upon checkin and were very impressed with the modern chic hotel rooms and design. Great location and one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tamara S
Tamara M, thank you so much for your 5 STAR review!
So happy you enjoyed your glass of champagne and our modern chic hotel atmosphere! Hopefully we will be seeing you back very soon!

Maine
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We were pleasantly surprise at the makeover the old Radison got when it became the Revere. Rooms were extremely comfortable and the view was breathtaking. We had a high room and it looked over the city toward the harbor. My daughter had a great swim in the mornings and the attached restaurant was very good. We would recommend getting a room on the upper levels. The subway is only a short walk away, so getting around the city was easy. The hotel staff were very friendly and really wanted to please.

Room Tip: Look to book a room at the upper levels.