“Chose the Revere on a whim, and it did not disappoint”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I had never been to Boston before and I went this past February to visit New England Law Boston, which is located less than a block from the Revere. Besides the close proximity of the hotel to the school which was super convenient, the Revere is also located within walking distance of the Boston Commons and a very short cab ride to the Cheers bar in Beacon Hill (we could have walked but our trip fell on the day of a little snow storm). The hotel itself has a really interesting interior design and the room was clean and comfortable. I also enjoyed the fact that we had a balcony. The bathroom was relatively spacious (I really liked the minty body wash.) My friends and I took advantage of the pool and had it not been winter, we would have taken advantage of the rooftop bar. Lastly, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, especially John H. and Tim M. I will be staying at the Revere for any future trips I make to Boston to visit New England Law.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

The Revere was everything other reviewers said it was. It is located within walking distance to many sights and many restaurants. The staff was great and personable. There is a restaurant and lounge located in the hotel. The parking garage is easy to get to. It is located right next to the hotel. The rooms we're nice and extremely clean. The views from the 16th floor we're amazing. I traveled with children and the pool was a big hit . There always seemed to be a taxi out front waiting, if that is how you want to travel. South station, (trains) is about 20 minutes away and easy to find. I would definitely stay here again. One tiny little complaint would be wait time for the elevators and iffy wifi. That being said, they did have a huge amount of visitors, due to several conventions in the building.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I really enjoy staying at the Revere Hotel. It is in a great location for getting in and out of the city by car. Just a short trip in from the airport and easy to get on the Mass Pike, 93 or 95. I travel to Boston for work and always try to stay at the Revere. I am always greeted by the fantastic staff at the valet, Yusef, Hibeeb and the rest of the boys, what a great team. Then it's off to see Luz on the front desk, always smiling and very cheerful. A glass of champagne at check in is always nice. The rooms are clean and very spacious. Just a great place to stay.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone I know.

Room Tip: ask to be away from the elevators....very loud if next to them
Reviewed 26 February 2014

this was out third stay in this great hotel. the only bad thing about it is having to leave it. everyone is so friendly from Jusef and Phil with help for the car, to the front desk staff, to the bar staff...the rooms are bright and roomy. the bath is great, huge towels, robes, slippers...great fitness center. what more can you want. perfect location.

Room Tip: never had a bad room here.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014

When we were greeted by friendly, courteous, and capable staff at check-in, we thought it couldn't get much better. Then, they gave us a complimentary glass of champagne! Our double queen bed room was immaculate, luxurious, and nicely decorated.

Our family of four had a wonderful stay, and we will definitely go back to the Revere. It's location in the Theatre District is perfect for our visits to our college-age daughter.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Simon M, General Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Martin,

Thank you for staying at the Revere Hotel Boston Common and for your wonderful review. I am delighted to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. When making your next reservation, make sure to check out our website for the lowest rates and any special promotions we may be offering. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Regards,

Simon Mais

Reviewed 25 February 2014

This is a great hotel if you're staying downtown for business. It's clean, close to restaurants and shopping, and has a pretty nice fitness center. I really like the shampoos, conditioners, and lotions too. I stay here for long and short trips to the area and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I don't know what everyone loves about this hotel. We stayed here for ladies night this past Saturday. The glass of champagne at check-in is a nice touch, as is the free Wi-Fi. However, it was all downhill from there. The hotel has four elevators: two on one side, and two across. They are SO SLOW! If you stay at this hotel, have fun waiting five minutes for an elevator, only for it to arrive and be jam packed. After we finally got up to our room, we went down the hall to get ice. When we looked down into our newly-filled ice bucket, we were HORRIFIED. There was black stuff all in our ice. Disgusting! We immediately called down to the front desk asking for new ice, and they told us, "there's an ice machine on every floor." To which we replied, "okay so you're telling us this is no big deal and just go get your own ice." They said, "yes." Terrible customer service. When we checked out Sunday morning, the black stuff was still stuck in the sink from the ice we dumped out. GAG! In addition, we asked for cups and told it would be a $6 fee. Umm no thanks. The room was nice with a great view; the balcony was awesome, although bare. The beds were terrible. Definitely take advantage of the pillow service, as your top pillow is great, but the one they put behind it is not (although I suppose pillows are personal preference). We called for extra towels and toothpaste: it was never brought up and we had to call again. We dined at Rustic Kitchen Sunday morning for breakfast and had to track down our waitress for the check after sitting there for 20 minutes. The club in the hotel was awful (which I'm sure is not the hotel's fault, but it should be noted): they shut down the whole dance floor for VIP only. Of course, as ladies, we got in, but what fun is it if no one else is up there dancing? When we checked out Sunday morning around 11am, we had to wait for numerous elevators to stop on our floor, and then not be jam packed. It took about 10-15 minutes to get down to the lobby. This is unacceptable. Perhaps we just had an isolated bad experience, but it was one thing after another. I had just stayed at the Langham Hotel in Boston the week prior, and compared to their customer service, the Revere would receive -1 stars. I would never stay at this hotel again, and surely will not recommend it to any friends or clients. Revere Hotel, please clean your moldy ice machines and have your staff take lessons from a REAL four-star hotel. Yours, certainly, is not.

• Stayed: February 2014
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Jennifer M -

I have reached out to you via Trip Advisor email to get the specifics of your room reservation and to discuss your lengthy comments about your stay.

I look forward to speaking with you and am awaiting your phone call.

Tim Anctil