“Great Location and Service”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #34 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 1 March 2014

First trip to Boston didn't know area to stay - so I chose to stay at a couple hotels during my stay (Boston Common Area/reasonable price – Wharf / high price). I made the choice to stay at the Revere for the price, I was very pleasantly surprised- I purchased from a 3rd party and always worry that I'll get the "broom closet" which we did not. At the Revere we received early check in, room was great and a nice view. I would stay at the Revere again for the location and service…the price I received was an added extra bonus, but I would pay more without hesitation. Rooms are a nice size with a lounger and desk. I also like the idea that the Revere uses cost-effective and environmentally- friendly refillable shampoo, soap, lotion and cream rinse.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear PracticingTourist -

Thank you so much for your glowing 5-star Review of Revere Hotel. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and the GREEN touches we have implemented -- Skoah is a great partner and we LOVE not throwing away thousands of plastic bottles every month.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Tim

Write a ReviewReviews (4,194)

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Planned an overnight trip with my daughter to do shopping Faneiul Hall and seeing Blue man group. Chose the Revere due to location and reviews. Was a little surprised to have pay a $40. Parking fee in the hotels parking garage but couldn't amagine trying to find parking elsewhere where its such a busy area. Was greeted with smiles and champagne. The hotel itself was very clean and modern. We stayed on the 16th floor. Little dizzy feelin lookin down but nice view of the city lights at night. Bed was comfy, great pillows and a couple different kinds of body wash and shampoos which was nice. Only disappointing thing we found was going back to have couple drinks in the lounge after the show was it was male couples night. We had to go back out in the cold and find another place. Otherwise I would recommend this hotel and will stay again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

jeepers_8 thank you so much for your review!
Im so glad you enjoyed your trip to Boston! Im sorry you were not expecting the overnight parking charge of $40, for future bookings we do have reservation packages when you book directly with the hotel that includes parking. Also we are one of the only hotels in the city of Boston that offer both valet and self-parking with the garage on site, almost every other hotel only offers valet services and the garage is a couple of blocks away. Most of our guests love the option and the convenience! Hopefully we will see you back very soon and welcome you to contact me directly when it comes time to making your reservation!

Warmest Regards,

Jenni Vingi
VIP & Audience Relations Manager
jvingi@reverehotel.com

Reviewed 28 February 2014

This hotel is in the heart of Boston, near the Boston Common and theatre district. It is very clean, modern and comfortable, and is attached to a parking garage (very convenient). It has easy access from Storrow Drive and public transportation.. The lady that checked us in (unfortunately I did not get her name, but my receipt said cashier #43) was incredibly pleasant and the champagne at check-in was a nice touch. The cashier happened to notice that it was my boyfriend's birthday and while we were out, she had a complimentary chocolate cake and two bottles of water delivered to our room. Very impressive! The room was clean, spacious and very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RMG222
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I had never been to Boston before and I went this past February to visit New England Law Boston, which is located less than a block from the Revere. Besides the close proximity of the hotel to the school which was super convenient, the Revere is also located within walking distance of the Boston Commons and a very short cab ride to the Cheers bar in Beacon Hill (we could have walked but our trip fell on the day of a little snow storm). The hotel itself has a really interesting interior design and the room was clean and comfortable. I also enjoyed the fact that we had a balcony. The bathroom was relatively spacious (I really liked the minty body wash.) My friends and I took advantage of the pool and had it not been winter, we would have taken advantage of the rooftop bar. Lastly, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, especially John H. and Tim M. I will be staying at the Revere for any future trips I make to Boston to visit New England Law.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The Revere was everything other reviewers said it was. It is located within walking distance to many sights and many restaurants. The staff was great and personable. There is a restaurant and lounge located in the hotel. The parking garage is easy to get to. It is located right next to the hotel. The rooms we're nice and extremely clean. The views from the 16th floor we're amazing. I traveled with children and the pool was a big hit . There always seemed to be a taxi out front waiting, if that is how you want to travel. South station, (trains) is about 20 minutes away and easy to find. I would definitely stay here again. One tiny little complaint would be wait time for the elevators and iffy wifi. That being said, they did have a huge amount of visitors, due to several conventions in the building.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I really enjoy staying at the Revere Hotel. It is in a great location for getting in and out of the city by car. Just a short trip in from the airport and easy to get on the Mass Pike, 93 or 95. I travel to Boston for work and always try to stay at the Revere. I am always greeted by the fantastic staff at the valet, Yusef, Hibeeb and the rest of the boys, what a great team. Then it's off to see Luz on the front desk, always smiling and very cheerful. A glass of champagne at check in is always nice. The rooms are clean and very spacious. Just a great place to stay.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone I know.

Room Tip: ask to be away from the elevators....very loud if next to them
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2014

this was out third stay in this great hotel. the only bad thing about it is having to leave it. everyone is so friendly from Jusef and Phil with help for the car, to the front desk staff, to the bar staff...the rooms are bright and roomy. the bath is great, huge towels, robes, slippers...great fitness center. what more can you want. perfect location.

Room Tip: never had a bad room here.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple