“Very good”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #36 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 3 March 2014

A beautiful hotel with wonderful location. The staff is very courteous, the rooms are pretty modern, there are other, better food options, so would advice to go out and diner. All in all a great place near the towns close to everything.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Kingfisher112,

Thank you so much for your review! Im glad to read you enjoyed our modern decor and out great location! Next time you stay with us please check out the new restaraunt Ostra right across the street in One Charles, the atmosphere and food are both absolutely amazing! Perfect restaraunt located so close to go with either friends or your significant other!

Warm Regards,

VIP & Guest Relations Manager
jvingi@reverehotel.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,294)

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Shout out to some great personnel:
Cynthia at the front desk
Justin at the front desk
A.J. with the valet services
Yusef with the Bellmen
Katrina and Anne Marie at the Rustic Kitchen
Edith, server at the Rustic Kitchen

Room Tip: Ask for an low to mid odd numbered room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

PracticingTourist,

Thank you so much for your 5 STAR REVIEW! And all your kind words! Hopefully we will be seeing you again in the near future and please feel free to contact me directly when booking your next stay it will be my pleasure to assist with all of your reservation needs!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel is quite new and well located but we had a bad expereience with our reservation. Not only they had lost it (for their own fault), but the worst part was that the receptionits was very arrogant and unhelpful. Even though we had the voucher she asked us to pay again at a higher rate, and when they finally verified that it was their mistake they still made it very complicated to give us our money back! During all this, the staff kept having a rude attitude. Since there are many hotels in Boston, I would recommend to choose a hotel more respectful and friendly with customers.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear einai -

My sincere apologies that you left our hotel anything but absolutely thrilled with your stay. As I indicated in my private email to you, it is important that we get the details of your reservation so we can audit your associate experience and see where potential training can be done with our staff who are generally hailed as warm, genuine and hospitable.

If you would allow me that information, I would greatly appreciate it. We use Trip Advisor as an important training tool and monitor it closely, addressing issues immediately as they come up.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Tim Anctil
Director Of Front Office
617-457-2621

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Beautiful hotel with which you couldn't complain. Very well appointed, great facilities and good location. Pleased with the sparkling wine on arrival and service was ok but very transactional. We purchased the room through Hotwire right at the last minute so were really pleased with the price.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

mutsnuts01 thank you for your review!

Its great to hear you enjoyed your stay and Im sorry you thought our service was not as personable as you expected! We are proudly a Four Diamond Hotel and pride ourselves on great, personalized service! I invite you back to stay with us and to contact me directly when it comes time to make your reservation, so I can make it a point that you recieve a true personalized welcome and stay!

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Spent one night at the Revere and hopefully I will have another chance to stay there in the future. At check in I was given a glass of champagne which was a nice way to begin my stay. I was there with my 13 year old daughter and her friend and they received some sparkling cider. The first thing we noticed when we walked in was the smell. It was similar to a scent you would find in a spa. Very pleasant. Our room was a good size, comfortable and nicely decorated. It had a microwave and a refrigerator. The bathroom was stocked with lovely shampoos, bath gels, lotions, etc.....from a Scandinavian company. Free wi-if. Location is excellent. Close to Boston Common and the theatre district. No complaints about the Revere. It's a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Lesje45,

Thank you for your 5 STAR REVIEW! Im sorry happy to read that you noticed our spa-like smell in our lobby! We actually have recently bundled up our very popular lobby smell into a candle so now our guests are able to take a little bit of the Revere Experience home with them! They can be purchased at the front desk through out your stay. Our bathroom products our from an authentically local vendor Skoah and also can purchased at our front desk!

Hopefully we will see you and your family back very soon!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

First trip to Boston didn't know area to stay - so I chose to stay at a couple hotels during my stay (Boston Common Area/reasonable price – Wharf / high price). I made the choice to stay at the Revere for the price, I was very pleasantly surprised- I purchased from a 3rd party and always worry that I'll get the "broom closet" which we did not. At the Revere we received early check in, room was great and a nice view. I would stay at the Revere again for the location and service…the price I received was an added extra bonus, but I would pay more without hesitation. Rooms are a nice size with a lounger and desk. I also like the idea that the Revere uses cost-effective and environmentally- friendly refillable shampoo, soap, lotion and cream rinse.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear PracticingTourist -

Thank you so much for your glowing 5-star Review of Revere Hotel. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and the GREEN touches we have implemented -- Skoah is a great partner and we LOVE not throwing away thousands of plastic bottles every month.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Tim

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Planned an overnight trip with my daughter to do shopping Faneiul Hall and seeing Blue man group. Chose the Revere due to location and reviews. Was a little surprised to have pay a $40. Parking fee in the hotels parking garage but couldn't amagine trying to find parking elsewhere where its such a busy area. Was greeted with smiles and champagne. The hotel itself was very clean and modern. We stayed on the 16th floor. Little dizzy feelin lookin down but nice view of the city lights at night. Bed was comfy, great pillows and a couple different kinds of body wash and shampoos which was nice. Only disappointing thing we found was going back to have couple drinks in the lounge after the show was it was male couples night. We had to go back out in the cold and find another place. Otherwise I would recommend this hotel and will stay again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014

jeepers_8 thank you so much for your review!
Im so glad you enjoyed your trip to Boston! Im sorry you were not expecting the overnight parking charge of $40, for future bookings we do have reservation packages when you book directly with the hotel that includes parking. Also we are one of the only hotels in the city of Boston that offer both valet and self-parking with the garage on site, almost every other hotel only offers valet services and the garage is a couple of blocks away. Most of our guests love the option and the convenience! Hopefully we will see you back very soon and welcome you to contact me directly when it comes time to making your reservation!