“Fantastic Stay”

Ranked #41 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Hazel Green, Wisconsin
“Fantastic Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

This place is amazing!! We flew in for the weekend from Wisconsin and arrived at about 2am. The hotel is absolutely beautiful!! The location is great. The service is top notch. We had no clue on how to read the subway map and Tim M. from the front desk took the time to explain everything. He even went above and beyond and recommended places to eat and what was good on the menu. If you plan a trip to Boston this is the hotel you need to stay in!! You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Hats off to the entire staff! Everyone of them was very courteous, accommodating, helpful and pleasant. We were able to check in early even when the hotel was fully booked with lots of families arriving for various graduation ceremonies. The hotel was very clean, room was spacious and comfortable. Hotel location was convenient plus it had everything, from a welcome drink, restaurant, gym, pool, business center and lounge for evening entertainment; walking distance to shopping and Boston Common, etc

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

The Hotel was fantastic and the staff was great, especially Tim M. at the front desk who gave me a great overview of the property and the area on my first trip to Boston. However, I'm definitely too old (37) to deal with the drama at the Emerald Club. Extreme tension from the staff. In fact the Manager was berating the bouncer at the Mezzanine level in front of everyone. Lighten up bro. It's supposed to be a club, not detention.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Alen -

Thank you for your nice review. I am truly delighted to see that your stay and particularly your interaction with Tim M was impressive enough that we still received a 5-star review in spite of the negative experience at Emerald Lounge.

I have passed your comments on to Emerald Lounge's GM and our Head Of Security to review. We are always open to improving and value all feedback.

Tim M will be nominated for associate of the month for your comment.

I hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Tim
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Kudos to Tim M. And the Hotel staff for making our stay at the Revere exceptional! In town for our daughter's a graduation, and staff went out of their way to make it special. Highly recommend staying at the Revere for anyone visiting Boston, I will be back!
Frank and Ann G.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself is lovely, staff very helpful, room large and comfy. Nice organic toiletries. Loved the shoe shine service. The only gripe was room service. My ordered breakfast arrived after 50 minutes, the eggs & toast were cold and one of my soft boiled eggs was a hard boiled. No mini bar in the room means if you want a beer at might means feeling slightly gouged but the $9 room service beer plus &3 delivery fee.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Doclecarla -

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that your breakfast experience was not a great one - if you would send me an email with your stay details, I will happlily reimbuse the full cost of your breakfast. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day so I fully appreciate not starting the day off with a good, satisfying experience.

I'm happy to read the rest of your stay was successful. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back to Boston.

tanctil@reverehotel.com
Tim Anctil
MELBOURNE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Was pretty devastated after travelling for 26 hours from Melbourne to be told we couldn't have the room we booked but could have one with two queens instead. Given our room was guaranteed for late arrival and this was a special occasion for us I didn't think this was acceptable.
Spoke to Tim the following morning and we were moved to a King room. Cost of previous night was refunded which was very much appreciated. What blew me away though was the champagne and thoughtful gift which was waiting for us in our room when we got back in that evening. Felt very spoilt and more importantly showed that this place was serious about service.
Rooms were large and very comfortable. Well located hotel - we walked everywhere.
Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have better wifi
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Anna -

Thank you for your review and for allowing us to make up for a bumpy start to your stay. I hope you had a wonderful birthday in Boston and we can welcome you back when you are next in Boston.

Warm regards,

Tim Anctil
Temecula, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I checked into this hotel after having a horrible experience with another hotel right down the street and was very impressed. The lobby and the rooms are decorated with a modern flare and the staff is very nice.

The hotel offers many free amenities that upscale hotels typically charge for. I had free Wi-Fi and two free bottles of water in my room, and champagne upon arrival. The hotel is also very quiet. Even though I had a room near the elevator, which I try to avoid since I’m a light sleeper, I didn’t hear much noise from the hallway. They also have a very good location near the Theatre district and a few blocks from Boston Common.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo