“wonderful staff”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #35 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Every member of the staff we encountered was friendly and helpful. The location was great for us. We walked to the Museum of Science and took the Duck tour from there. The Boston Common is an easy walk. The staff was great in getting a cab for us when needed.

1  Thank CherBear123
Write a ReviewReviews (4,192)

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nice, decent room. I booked a suite and they assigned the room next to the elevator on the 22nd floor... You can hear the elevator all night what a nightmare. Good location. The concierge desk not very helpful. I won't stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Demi16
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Demi -

Thank you for posting your review and for the constructive feedback. All of the suites are in fact located right around the elevator banks, so by booking a suite, you are definitely going to be near an elevator. This should have been noted to you during your check in process, I apologize if it was not.

I understand that not every hotel is the perfect fit for everyone and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. If you would like to return, I would be happy to handle your reservation, rate and room assignment personally and will make sure your experience surpasses your expectations.

Tim Anctil
tanctil@reverehotel.com

Director Of Front Office

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed at the Revere as a one night getaway after getting a deal via Hotwire. I've stayed in many Boston and Cambridge hotels over the years, and enjoyed trying a new one!

The good:
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the location. Easy walks to Chinatown and the South End, and in the heart of the theater district and 1.5 blocks away from the Public Garden and Beacon Hill. Tons of great restaurants to choose from nearby.
- The staff was extremely welcoming. Front desk, parking service, housekeeping; all were efficient and friendly and made us feel at home. We were given an extended checkout time on request, which I really appreciated.
- Room was clean and spacious. We were on the 24th floor, so the view from the balcony was terrific. It was a great place to sit and read. I would have been having a heart attack if my kids were with me, but it was perfect for an adult getaway.
- Loved the Skoah bath products and the large bottle pump system.

Critiques:
- Between the so-so water pressure and a "rain" showerhead that lacked a control to switch it to stream, the shower was complete inadequate for washing my thick hair-- had to do it using the tub faucet, which was a little awkward.
- The pool deck is trying to be all things to all people, but we're in Boston. Bikini clad waitresses and pulsing music just seemed to make the hotel patrons uncomfortable (90% of the people were clustered as far away from the speakers as they could get, and the servers looked like they were freezing). I think a more relaxed chill resort vibe with white polo shirts and tan shorts on the servers and relaxing soft music would be more of a success at blending hotel guests and rooftop bar guests in this environment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kerry D
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were greeted at the cab by a bell hop. He was very friendly and carried our luggage to the front desk with a smile. That's when Tim M made our day. He was polite, friendly, helpful and welcoming. The Revere Hotel is clean and located in perfect part of Boston. I have traveled to places all over the world, but what made me write my first review ever, was Tim M and his great refreshing attitude.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

After an exhausting day we came back to the Hotel where we were greeted by Tim M at the front desk. Tim answered every question we had and made life much easier with his kindness&great sense of humor. He even put together a first aid kit for our blistered feet!

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 24 May 2014

As my wife and I made our way through the lobby towards the registration desk, my high-hopes for this unique hotel were bolstered, and even further heightened after our efficient check-in was followed by the welcoming glass of champagne. As we entered our room, however, the bubble started to burst. Having booked a Superior Junior Suite King, perhaps my expectations were set too high, but my only comment after walking through the room was, "sure feels like a Radisson" (having visited Boston at least a dozen times in the last few years, I knew of it's former-life). After only two years since it's conversion/renovation, the carpet was worn-through and the wall covering looked tired. The bedroom "door" was a cheesy-looking hospital-style separation curtain that was coming apart. The coffee service was fine, but located near the floor under a side-table, making it impossible to use, but because it was already plugged in, it took some acrobatics to move it... and then to find only one regular coffee serving? Fortunately my wife packs her own Via. The closet was missing the promised umbrella and had only one robe (but two sets of slippers... oh boy!). The bedroom lighting was dismal (how does one pack up a suit case in the early morning, with only an LED snake light?). The balconies, which were a reason for getting the Jr Ste, were actually a detraction- with it's outside made of solid concrete, it blocked half of the view... yet was only deep enough for one person to stand-up.

On the positive side, the bathroom made excellent use of a difficult long-and-narrow space- very clean and functional. But a nice bathroom doth not a good experience make.

Details matter to be a "player" in a the competitive 4-diamond world. I hope the Revere catches on- it's in a great location, has a unique design theme, and a nice lobby. Too bad we had to sleep there.

Room Tip: Don't waste any money on the balcony.
1  Thank Alexander_Colorado
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I and my husband & son spent 3 nights at the Revere in May. To start our stay we were greeted with a glass of champagne! The room was spacious, the beds were extremely comfortable. We were celebrating a birthday and on our return to the room the first evening we were so very please to find a bottle of champagne and four small cakes along with a lovely note from Caroline as congratulations! Totally unexpected but so very perfect. The concierge, John, was a great help. Every morning he directed us to the best local breakfast restaurants in Boston. The food was superior in all. Thanks you to all the staff at the Revere. We will be back!