“A solid, modern option missing just a few small things”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #41 of 83 Hotels in Boston
New York City
“A solid, modern option missing just a few small things”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great location in a safe neighborhood within easy walking distance to coffee, shops, and Boston Common. Public transportation is nearby and there were always plenty of taxis in the area, making transportation options from the hotel a breeze. Hotel is modern and trendy but not over the top about it. Bed was quite comfortable and room was fresh, clean, and well designed. Bathroom was a bit smaller/narrower than what I anticipated but that may have just been due to the room location I was in. Balconies were a nice touch, but they would be even nicer with some greens/plants and or decor to give it that extra notch up.

Of note, wi-fi was was one of the worst I've ever encountered in a hotel. It was literally unusable at least 50% of the time I tried to use it. Staff seemed to shrug their shoulders about it when I asked if they had any hints to improve connectivity. I had read other reviews about the wi-fi not being great, and I thought perhaps they were just being picky. They were not. It is really, *really* bad. After my third day, I just gave up and used my data plan through my iPhone but that soured my otherwise good experience with the hotel.

Room Tip: The top two floors have chairs on the balconies
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Travis -

Thank you for your nice review and constructive feedback. Have faith, new wi-fi options are in the works for Mid July:

Over the next 6 weeks, we will be revamping our wireless internet options and will be not only replacing all routers to boost connection but we are almost doubling our band-with to handle the multi-device traffic that we are seeing. We hope to have this completed by July 15.

In addition to our complimentary option, we will be offering a $10/day option for a lightning-fast connection for those working or traveling on business where the expense will be covered. We are excited to be able to offer two wireless options, both of which will be great improvements over our current capacity.

I hope we can welcome you back very soon. Please let me know if I can be of service.

Tim A.
tanctil@reverehotel.com

Director OF Front Office

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (714)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Grafton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Booked through Hotwire and got a terrific rate. Located right next to the Rustic Kitchen where we had reservations for The Cooking Show. The service was outstanding (glass of champagne on check in) from the valet to the front desk folks, they could not have been nicer. The room was absolutely elegant and pristine. Best hotel towels I have ever experienced. Just a few minutes walk to the Boston Common and the Public Gardens. We will definitely go again...no question!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Some reviewers are so picky about the craziest things! This hotel has been beautifully renovated. The minute you walk in the lobby is visually appealing, artistic looking, and modern. I was not offered any champagne at check in but most hotels don't even offer that so it was just a perk in my opinion. I was treated very kindly and given a king room with a balcony. The balcony is a perfect size for several people to get fresh air and enjoy the view. Most hotels don't have balconies in standard rooms so I was very happy to have it. The décor in the room is modern, upscale, and trendy. The room was large and the bathroom was average size but beautiful with plenty of counter space. I liked the hand soap pumps they had attached to the walls because it was less messy than bar soap but I always bring my own toiletries for the shower because hotel products are not the best. The food from room service was delicious and the location is perfect for walking to everything you need! I definitely recommend this hotel but if you are looking for a 5 star hotel then don't book a 4 star hotel. I have zero complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Jamie -

You single-handedly MADE my Sunday morning. Yours may be my favorite review of Revere Hotel Boston I have ever read!

Thank you for your nice words and insight and your incredible accuracy - it's clear at 96 reviews, you are a well-seasoned traveler.

I hope we can welcome you back to our great city very soon, and if I can ever be of service, please reach out directly.

tanctil@reverehotel.com

Tim Anctil
Director Of Front Office
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We were greeted upon arrival by Tim M who could not have been more welcoming, accommodating, gracious and friendly. He offered us excellent tips and suggestions and went out of his way to make sure we had everything to make our stay at The Revere outstanding. We felt like honored guests and this hotel experience was a highlight of our visit to Boston. I would highly recommend the Revere for its location, beauty and effort on the part of front desk staff to make the stay memorable!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Steph3067
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Upon arrival we were greeted promptly and assisted with checking in to our room. We reserved a second room for additional guest who arrived much later the same day and the reserveration could not be located. Guest services attendant Tim M. promptly corrected the error and presented my additional guest with a room upgrade due to the inconvenience. Tim M. went above and beyond to ensure our stay was comfortable and above premium quality. Not only did Tim M. go out of his way to satisfy my guest and myself, he also presented me with a complimentary bottle of wine due to my graduation celebrations while I was staying at the Revere. I will be returning very soon to stay at the Revere!

Room Tip: The top levels have breathtaking views.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tierra B
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I had a long day of travel and upon arrival I was welcomed & Tim M assured me my stay at the Revere would allow me some much needed R&R, and he met and exceeded my expectations. Excellent customer service, I will definitely recommend this hotel to family, clients, and friends.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank JH2338
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have never recommended a hotel before as I have never felt compelled however from the moment I walked in I was met with a guy behind the front desk named Tim M and he was the most engaging parson I have ever met as an employee of a hotel. He was happy, knowledgeable and has made my stay a great one. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business