“Bostonian's Perspective”

Ranked #41 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Boston, Massachusetts
“Bostonian's Perspective”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I'm from Boston and I have the opportunity to stay at the Revere Hotel for a conference and I enjoyed my visit. It was only a short while, 3 days 2 nights, but I will say it is a great place to stay.

The hotel rooms themselves were fantastic as the bed was very comfortable and they even had a pillow menu so you can order a pillow specifically for your personal sleeping habits. I was lucky enough to get a room on 18th floor which provided spectacular views of Boston as you could see the John Hancock building and the Pru.

The rooftop deck was probably one of my favorite aspects of the hotel, as it also offered panoramic views. The location is very convenient as you are in walking distance to Boston Commons, Newbury Street, Chinatown, and close to the T (MBTA) if you want to get to other areas of the city. My only issue is that looking at the hotel from the outside might not be that impressive, but I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking to stay in Boston.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Jessica -

Thank you for your "authentically Boston" review of Revere. Very happy you are a fan and we hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,

Tim Anctil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (713)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Staff was friendly and very helpful, especially the staff at the concierge desk. The room was nice and clean, loved that they provided the shampoo, conditioner and body was in large bottles and not the small bottles. Is close to restaurants and the subway which was easy to use. Would stay here again.

Dear Karen -

Thanks for your great review. I also really love the Skoah products - and the great variety. They are a local company with a Canadian base and we are very proud to offer them to our guests.

I hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Director Of Front Office
tanctil@reverehotel.com
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The rooms, decor and service were all great, the rooms even come with a balcony. The beds were very comfortable, and the location was close to Newbury. Tim A was an exceptional concierge. Sunday checkout can get pretty hectic so recommend departing before 11 checkout time, and will avoid the valet in the future. Otherwise, will definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lola D
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My family of four booked two rooms for three nights in June, then came back a few days later for two more nights. I enjoy the ambience of the hotel and it's modern decor. I really love the Skoah spa products that are provided in the bathrooms - there are ample selections and they smell divine. I ended up buying some to give as hostess gifts. There are a few really nice touches at the hotel but they could need to work on consistency. When you check in there is a glass of sparkling wine or cider available. I remembered this from a previous stay and was looking forward to it after a long day of travel. But at check in, which was hectic, I had to ask and the employee at the desk acted like I was putting him out. There is also a marvelous rooftop deck, which is great for relaxing and soaking up sun if the weather is good. We happened to be there during the 'grand opening' for the summer, and the ambience was a bit young/hip/bikini oriented. It felt odd for my husband and I to be up there ordering a drink when everyone else was 15 years younger. Overall I think this is a really good place to stay and in a great location. I am sure the next time I visit Boston I will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Memphisgirl2014
Dear MemphisGirl -

Thank you for your review and feeback. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay overall but am disappointed that my front line staff did not immediately offer you a welcome toast.

Please reach out to me when you are next heading to Boston, I would like to handle your reservation details personally to make sure you have a flawless and impressive stay.

tanctil@reverehotel.com

Director Of Front Office
Santa Barbara, California, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We actually got our reservation here from HotWire, so we didn't know where we were staying until we paid! So I'm not sure about how much the rooms are normally, but ours was a steal for being in the middle of town. It turned out to be SO nice - you get free champagne when you check in, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and the rooms are nice and spacious with super comfortable beds and nice soaps and shampoos in the bath. There was free wifi, and the view from our room was awesome. It's a super quick 2 block walk to the commons and a few different T stops. The surrounding area felt safe - I walked all around by myself to check out the town. They also let us leave our bags at the front desk after we checked out so that we could go ice skating on the commons... it was perfect!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Charlotte
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is about 3 miles from the Southport Convention Center. One major plus is that the internet is free. Another is that there are many restaurants within walking distance. (Driving in Boston is insane).
Boston Common is about two blocks away, a pleasant place to walk and enjoy some open space. Chinatown is a few blocks away.
There is no breakfast included. As a rule I don't mess with breakfasts at big hotels, although one morning I ordered room service. (Continental breakfast: $20 with gratuity and fees). It was prompt and staff was courteous.
The room has plenty of outlets and has a recharging station on the lamp base on the desk. The desk chair was comfortable but the other chairs not so much. There was not a table either (this is for a room with two doubles). Very comfortable beds, and good amount of space on the sink in the bathroom. Lighting is good. Decor is 70's reinvented.
The restaurant is excellent next door, an unexpected plus.
This hotel is expensive -- there are a lot of taxes and fees at Boston hotels also -- so be prepared. Their conference rate was comparable with the others in the group so I guess that is the way it is in the city.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the outdoor bar have a nice sunset view, but may be noisy on the lower floors.