“Just Keeps Getting Better”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #42 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Williamatown
“Just Keeps Getting Better”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed at the Revere several times in the last three years. Each experience is better than the last. It is obvious the management is paying attention to their clientele.
We were on an upper floor. The view, room, and decor were all luxurious. This is a great place to stay when experiencing Boston.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Not2Pickyoverall -

Thank you for your review and for your kind words about us taking feedback very seriously. Luckily, our ownership company, Northwood Hospitality, is very committed to constantly making improvements in order to improve our guest's experience and the overall operation of the Hotel. We are currently upgrading the Wireless Service to a 2-tier system, one complimentary with fairly standard speeds and one $10/day offering lightning fast connection. We heard from out guests they they wouldn't mind paying if there was a super-fast option available which allowed us to make an overall improvement and then install a second option which is coming in August.

I would be delighted to assist the next time you are heading to Boston. I can be reach on tanctil@reverehotel.com and would happy to be of service.

Director Of Front Office

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Camarillo, California
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is by far the best place we have stayed in while visiting Boston. It's sophisticated but trendy and classy but down-to-earth. The rooms were clean and the amenities were top-notch. The location was superb as we were in walking distance to everything. I highly recommend!

Stayed July 2014
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear USCFan -

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice 5-star review. It always makes me particularly proud when we get a great review by such an experienced, well-seasoned traveler with so much hotel experience in so many places. It tells me we are on the right track and are delivering a great quality experience to our trusting guests.

I hope we can welcome you back again and please email me directly if I can ever be of service. tanctil@reverehotel.com

Eagan, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We found the hotel very impressive and well run. The room was very comfortable. The bathroom was nice. The Skoah products in the shower were awesome! We also loved the welcoming aromatherapy scent of the lobby every time we entered. The rooftop bar was nice. Very overpriced drinks but nice seating, great view and friendly, great looking staff. Same goes for the Emerald Bar. If you are in your 20s it is perfect. Otherwise, a little much. The kids liked the pool too. The location was very convenient to the subway, parks, Back Bay restaurants, Newbury St, etc. We would recommend it and come back for sure!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ArloSachs
Dear Arlo -

Thank you for your great 5-star review. I am happy to hear there was something for your entire family at Revere Hotel.

If you visit again, I would be happy to help arrange your travel details personally. Please feel free to reach out to me on tanctil@reverehotel.com.

Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My luxurious 18th-floor room at the Revere Boston Common had everything I wanted, bar one essential item -- a fridge to keep drinks and food cool during the city's scorching heat. I highly recommend this well-placed hotel, within easy walking distance of the subway, the harbor, and virtually all of Boston's many and beautiful attractions.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view, especially if you select a quiet back (south) room away f...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Meir -

Thank you for your great 5-star review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that the room was a perfect backdrop for your visit to Boston - and it sounds like you were here during excellent weather!

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Travelled to Boston from the UK in June 2014 for a couple of days and really happy with the Revere. Small things like complimentary champagne at check-in, complimentary shoe-shine and free wi-fi really make a huge difference.

Staff were very friendly and helpful and had great knowledge of good bars and restaurants throughout the city.

Rooms were clean and beds were really comfortable. Again the option of choosing your own type of pillow and the choice on bathroom products make the stay so much better.

Whilst the hotel doesn't look great from the outside, the inside more than makes up for it and the location makes most things only a short walk away!

Would happily recommend to anyone travelling to Boston!

Room Tip: Try and get a room on a higher floor to get a great view of the city.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear sunilunadkat -

Thank you for your great 5-star review. I am delighted you enjoyed the hotel and our staff gave you warm service and valuable information about the city.

I will agree with you - the exterior of the building is unlikely to win a beauty contest. It was built in the 70's and though we have painted it and made it a tad more contemporary, the true beauty of Revere Hotel is inside, where the excellent staff and newly designed interiors always wow the new guest.

I hope we can welcome you back to Boston very soon.

Loomis, California
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed at the Revere for a conference a month ago and was impressed with the front desk staff. I flew a red-eye from the west coast and went to drop my bags off until check in time. The front desk staff offered to check me in right then at 8am. I was beyond thankful. The rooms were well appointed and the Skoah body products were great. Only downsides were the pool area seems to be a hangout for the teens/early 20's local party crowd which made it a bit odd with elevators stuffed full of these folks dressed in swim attire while I was in business attire. It was apparent that they were not hotel guests, but locals coming to hang out at the hotel pool. Room service from the on-site restaurant did not work either. I called at least 4 times unsuccessfully.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank aorsaba
Dear aorsaba -

Thank you for your nice review and very valuable feedback. I have reached out to you under separate email to get your room number because it sounds like a phone is not properly programmed to ring to In-Room Dining as those phones are manned 24-7 and are always answered. It sounds like it is ringing at the wrong extension and I truly apologize and would like to get that fixed asap.

Also, thank you for your feedback on pool/rooftop guests - all of which are REQUIRED to be at least 21+ so there are definitely no "teens" at the pool unless they are registered hotel guests. No one under 21 is permitted at the pool or rooftop unless they are guests of the hotel.

A great rule of thumb for a nice mellow visit to the pool is Monday thru Friday from 7a-3p. Later in the day and on weekends, there will likely be a summer beach-party-like crown enjoy the summer in the sun.

I hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I'm from Boston and I have the opportunity to stay at the Revere Hotel for a conference and I enjoyed my visit. It was only a short while, 3 days 2 nights, but I will say it is a great place to stay.

The hotel rooms themselves were fantastic as the bed was very comfortable and they even had a pillow menu so you can order a pillow specifically for your personal sleeping habits. I was lucky enough to get a room on 18th floor which provided spectacular views of Boston as you could see the John Hancock building and the Pru.

The rooftop deck was probably one of my favorite aspects of the hotel, as it also offered panoramic views. The location is very convenient as you are in walking distance to Boston Commons, Newbury Street, Chinatown, and close to the T (MBTA) if you want to get to other areas of the city. My only issue is that looking at the hotel from the outside might not be that impressive, but I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking to stay in Boston.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Tim A, Front Office Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Jessica -

Thank you for your "authentically Boston" review of Revere. Very happy you are a fan and we hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,