“Great place”

Ranked #42 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great place”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

An unfortunate start - where they gave up our room! Was turned around by this lovely hotel and their team. They really pulled out the stops to make us welcome and make up for the mix-up.

The loft suite was lovely and a leisurely afternoon on rooftop was wonderful. Thank you all.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 30 July 2014

After a cramped airplane ride and a steamy trip in a cab we entered the oasis that is the Revere. Tim M., the super friendly desk agent, had me at "would you like some champagne". Tim's hospitality set the stage for every encounter we had with hotel staff. I am always impressed by consistency and this staff is consistently helpful and approachable.
The rooms are large, bright, and well designed. You can actually work at the desk in this room if you choose to. You can plug in your laptop in the handy waist level outlet. No more crawling around on the floor hoping there is a spare receptacle somewhere.
The decor is way better than the your average chain hotel. The washroom is well designed. Task lighting is effective without blinding you at 3 in the morning. The towels are wonderfully soft.
There are two disconnects though. The quality of the facial tissue and bathroom tissue is only one grade better than sandpaper. Everything else is this hotel is quite luxurious. This corner cutting is out of out of sync. Also this hotel follows the new environmental and economy trend of providing bulk pump bottles for soap, shampoo, etc. Admittedly you have quite a choice of solutions but I sill like the little bottles.
Sleeping soundly is a challenge -- and isn't that the primary reason for staying in a hotel rather than the bus station? The individual room air conditioners sound like jet engines and put out a strong airflow onto the bed and its occupants. The toilets flush like miniature geysers. When all is quiet you can hear your neighbor's and possible the floors above and below you.
Were it not for these defects, I would rate it 5 stars. As it is I would think twice about coming back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank John S
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel while in town for a convention. The lobby is very stylish, but if you have rolling luggage or cannot do stairs, make sure to use the spiral ramps to access the front desk. Check in was quick and I was offered a glass of champagne while I was getting my key.

My king room was larger than I was expecting. The photos on the website are actually true to the room you will stay in. My room even had a sliding glass door and small balcony that overlooked the city skyline. The bathroom was small but very clean. My king sized bed was comfortable and the reading lights made it much easier to get some work done while lounging around. As mentioned by a previous reviewer, the internet was really spotty and could get very slow.

My only issue with the hotel was the same complaint I always have with Boston-area hotels: you cannot get AC until June. Regardless of what I set the temperature on the thermostat, it was always way too warm and stuffy in the room. As a result, I ended up shutting off the system and opening the sliding door to try to cool the room down. Unfortunately, it was rainy and cold during my stay which made the room very damp feeling. I do not know why hotels in Boston seem to force you to be too warm during certain months but when the room is too warm, I sleep terribly. So while the bed was comfortable, I did not sleep well at all.

My colleagues and I did try to go to the lounge but it was closed on the day we tried to go. It looked very swank and would have been a great place to wind down at the end of the day.

All in all, the location was decent - especially if you want to walk to the Boston Commons - the room was nice and the staff were friendly. If I can get some AC, I would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank lakeflyer
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
LakeFlyer, thank you so much for your thorough review! We love reading and hearing about all of our guest's experiences good and bad! I did just want to inform you that at the Revere Hotel we do not have the notorious "two pipe system" that most hotels in the area have. Since we are a much newer building each of our rooms heat and air conditioned can be individually regulated by the guest! I'm sorry it seemed as though yours was not working properly, our engineering department takes all of our guests requests and if they were informed I'm sure they would have done everything they could have to make your nights sleep as enjoyable as possible. I welcome you back very soon please feel free to contact me directly when it comes time to book your next trip to Boston. It will be my pleasure to take care of your reservation, personally!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Located in the perfect spot, with great service. You are offered champaign at check in and the service is fast, I never have a problem with my reservations. The rooms are elegantly decorated and perfectly clean, always very comfy. They are walking distance from so many bars, restaurants, and things to do. It's the only place I'll stay when I visit Boston.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Monique_cormier6
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Monique,

Thank you so much for your 5 STAR review! It is so great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had a one night stay at the Revere - after reading another recent review, we too wish we could have stayed longer! The service / staff were absolutely amazing, so very helpful and kind. We arrived with a rental car that was rented from the Boston Logan Airport - staff helped us to return the car across the street (saved some money and time!) instead of driving back to the airport. We had the conceriege literally stop traffic so that we could cross the busy street to the Hertz rental location nearby. The bellman offered us bottled water (free of charge) when we headed out to the Market for the afternoon. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful as well!
Our room was stylish and the beds/pillows were so comfortable (we wish we could have them at home!). Love the smell as you walk into the lobby; rooms are supplied with bottles of different lotions, soaps, shampoos - all smell wonderful too! Stopped in for a drink at the Emerald Lounge - very stylish lounge - we would have loved to see it on a busy weekend night (we were there on a Sunday); have to say that drinks quite expensive, but worth it to see the lounge / patio.
We had our teenage daughter with us; she had no trouble with the complimentary wi-fi and she loved how stylish the hotel and the rooms were. We all loved the view from our hotel room and balcony.
We found it was within walking distance of a lot of "toursity" sites (2 parks very close by - Friends of the Public Garden and the Boston Common), walking distance to the harbour/Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall and tons of shops and restaurants nearby.
Overall, all staff were more than accomodating, hotel was clean and stylish - we were all impressed and hope to be back! Two giant thumbs up!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank S_D_V_225
S_D_V_225, thank you so much for your FANTASTIC review!
I'm so happy to hear about the great service that was provided to you while you were here with us! We welcome you and your family back very soon and hopefully to stay longer!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had a one night stay at The Revere this weekend, and I wish I could have stayed longer! The hotel facilities are spotless, the lobby area pristine and elegant. Upon checkin we were given glasses of champagne- truly a luxury experience. Our room was spacious and had amazing views of the rooftop bar. We called for extra pillows and within a matter of minutes a bellman came to the room and gave us pillows and a bottles of cold water, complimentary. The hostess at the rooftop bar was so friendly and showed us to a cute spot in the corner with amazing views of Boston. All of the bartenders were attentive and friendly. Later that evening we went to Emerald Lounge after being at a different club, and it was clear that The Emerald Lounge goes out of their way to make sure each guest feels like royalty (whether hotel guest or not). The space was very cool and had plenty of areas to sit and talk if you didn't want to dance or stand by the bar. Really an awesome and upscale lounge.
The bed was heavenly, and the next morning I used the SKOAH products in their bathroom-- the most amazing shampoo, conditioner and body wash I've ever used. On Amazon now trying to buy my own bottles!
Valet service was quick and acknowledged we were in a hurry upon checkout and had the car waiting once we left the front desk. Overall, a fabulous stay at a beautiful hotel with every amenity you could want. Will most definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that over looks the rooftop pool!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank A M
AM, thank you so much for your great review! And I certainly agree with your room tip, ask for a room that over looks the rooftop pool! The view is spectacular! We welcome you back very soon for some dancing, rest and relaxation!

Cooperstown, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is very stylish and lovely. The rooftop and pool are a total treat. Rooms are nice, and the fitness center is well equipped. It was very convenient to restaurants. The only downside for vacationers, is that we felt like it was a hike to get to the tourist stuff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mjp728
MJP728, thank you for your review!

When you come back to visit Boston, try and check out the Boston Common, the Freedom Trail, Beacon Hill or some of the shows in the Theatre District, all of these touristy things are within walking distance of our front steps! Hopefully we will see you back very soon!