“Wonderful location and concierge service”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #42 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Auburn, Alabama
“Wonderful location and concierge service”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We loved this hotel - the rooftop bar was a wonderful area of refuge in the city. We had a view of the city in the afternoons while enjoying a relaxing outdoor area. We utilized the concierge service multiple times, especially when we realized how helpful and pertinent their recommendations were. They knew our names and asked for feedback on their suggestions whenever we saw them. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the rooms that had a view of the rooftop lounge area.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Tim A, Director Of Rooms at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Anna -

Thank you so much for your great 5-star review and for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. It's great to hear that our excellent Concierge staff took great care of you and enhanced your overall experience.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

tanctil@reverehotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Just checked into the Revere Hotel Boston Common with a big "Welcome Back, we have the same room you loved last visit" as Tim M handed us a glass of Champagne. We thanked him and said we are returning for an anniversary night in Boston. Tim promptly asked if he could upgrade our special night to a special room. 'Ladies and Gentleman serving Ladies and Gentlemen' has a new meaning across the Boston Common. The room was city chic with a spectacular view of Boston. This was the beginning of a night with smiles, outstanding service and the five star feeling that always keeps you coming back! *****

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor with view of the city
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Tim A, Director Of Rooms at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Cath -

Thanks for your great review and the shout-out for Tim M. He will be nominated for Associate Of The Month for having an impact on your overall stay.

I hope we can welcome you back again very soon.

Tolland, CT
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We were in town to see Phantom of the Opera and chose this hotel based on a friend's recommendation. This hotel is wonderful in every way. Every staff member was friendly and accommodating, and we appreciated having valet parking available. The room was roomy, comfortable and well-equipped, and we had no trouble with the free wi-fi. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kristen -

Thank you so much for your kind comments and your 5-star review of Revere Hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and I hope we see you again when you next attend a Play or Show near the hotel. If I may be of service with rooms or rates, please reach out to me directly on my email below.

Waterloo, Belgium
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We spend 2 nights in the Revere and liked it overall very much. Well located to explore Boston ( Freedom Trail and Theaters), friendly staff and rooms which were large enough and comfortable. Breakfast in the Rustic Kitchen was Ok and sports facility and swimming pool were appreciated by the kids (even though the pool area would benefit from showers or rooms to change). I deducted one star because the air conditioning in the room was rather loud and impossible to calibrate properly. I found it somewhat hard to sleep well with this noise level.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Tim A, Director Of Rooms at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Sam -

Thank you for your very nice review and constructive comments. We are currently planning an overhaul of the HVAC units in guest rooms for 2015. We understand that athough the current units cool as needed, they are not as quiet and user-friendly as they could be and we are aiming to improve that guest experience for next year.

I am delighted that the remainder of your stay was wonderful and hope to see you again when you are next in Boston.

Egham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Got to give it to this hotel, they make you feel comfy and relaxed the second you walk through the door. Reception are lovely, great with the children too. Cost is on the higher side but it seemed faultless so only fair to say. Stunning roof top garden, if you have time it's worth a days chill out on that alone. Easy to get to from the main highways, but bang in the heart of the theatre world too.
Worth a visit or a special night or two away.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Matthew -

Thank you so much for your 5-star review. I am delighted to hear that we provided great service and comfort during your time in Boston and I do hope that we can welcome you and your family back again very soon.

Warm regards,

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Stay at Revere for 2 weeks in July while on a business trip in Boston. The hotel was more that sufficient. The outside looks predated, but the inside is modern and stylish. The hotel is in walking distance of most of Boston centre. The personnel were also really friendly. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Shaun -

I was delighted to read about your great experience with Revere Hotel and we thank you for staying with us for an extended visit. Two weeks is a long time to be away from home and I am so happy you felt taken care of while you were here.

If I can be of service with rooms or rates in the future, please contact me directly on my email address below.

Toronto
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed at the Revere last weekend for 3 nights while visiting Boston with friends. The hotel itself was nice and in a good location, easy to walk to lots of 'key destinations'. My friends who i was travelling with booked a 'mystery hotel' and ended up getting Revere - they saved 100 bucks on their stay and we were on the same floor with similar rooms, except they got two double queens and i had a single king with a larger bathroom. The lobby is nice, you have to walk down the back or down a large ramp with your suitcase to get to the reception desk, and then back up the ramp to get to the elevators, which is a little daft. There are lots of young people staying at this hotel. On Saturday night I saw a guy throw up in the elevator and in the lobby outside the elevator, which was pretty gross, but understandably not the hotels fault. We did advise the reception of this and they sent someone to clean it up straight away. Also, the toilet in our room clogged up on two occasions, so i have to assume there is a plumbing issue. However, again this was resolved within 5-10 minutes of calling the front desk, which is an acceptable solution, albeit a bit annoying. Overall, hotels seemed to be quite pricey in Boston, this one was also quite pricey for what it is. I would say it is on par to Kimpton hotels - overall an ok boutique hotel (I prefer boutique hotels), but not out of this world. The view from the rooms is very nice. The rooftop bar, which we visited briefly, is a bit odd. It's like you are checking into a club (Do you have guest list? Can I see your ID? And then they make you wear a bracelet so that 'you are allowed on the rooftop'). It's a bit silly to visit a hotel amenity. Also, if you have a family i think it is a bit odd since there are waitresses walking around like they are serving club guests - I think the vibe is going for a more tasteful vegas pool party. All in all, the hotel was fine, I think better for younger guests. If I was going back to Boston I might try something a bit more upscale.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank FreedomTraveller1551
Dear FreedomTraveler -

Thank you for sharing your experience and for the constructive comments. I'm happy to hear each time there was something that needed attention, our staff was quick to react and solve the problem. Whenever alcohol is involved (two of your comments,) it's tough to control how people behave and we do our best to make sure every issue is dealt with quickly.

I understand your frustration about the security on the rooftop. Whenever the public is invited in with hotel guests we have to be very careful with liquor service. I'm sorry it can come across as interegative.

I hope you will come see us again - I would be happy to assist with rooms and rates.