“Very friendly staff!”

Revere Hotel Boston Common
Ranked #42 of 83 Hotels in Boston
“Very friendly staff!”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I just ended my stay at The Revere. It's so close to everything and the staff was extremely helpful. In the front desk, Tim was awesome! He was off the clock but decided to stay after and help me with some questions I had and offered locations to places I should go to. He definitely made my experience a lot more pleasant.

G. Caceres

• Stayed September 2014
Tim A, DIRECTOR OF ROOMS at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear GCaceres -

Thank you for posting such a nice 5-star review and for sharing your great experience on Trip Advisor. I hope we can welcome you back again very soon and please reach out to me if I can assist with room reservations or rates.

tanctil@reverehotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Wonderful location, beautiful amenities and outstanding service. The roof top bar allows for the ultimate unwinding experience in summer months. The lobby is modern, the meeting rooms are Harvardesque and I highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Brian -

Thank you so much for your 5-star review and for sharing your excellent experience on Trip Advisor. 5-star reviews are the ultimate thank you for any hotel (along with repeat guests) and I am so appreciate of the time taken to post it.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

Simply put, The Revere saved my vacation from disaster!

Not only was it a relief to walk into this beautifully remodeled contemporary hotel after a nightmare Labor Day traffic ordeal that stranded me in Boston, but the friendly assistance and extra care given to me at the front desk (first by offering me champagne or cider and then by fulfilling my request for a view) and by management turned my delay into an unexpectedly fantastic start to my summer vacation.

The Revere seemed like a perfect match for me because I try not to stay in large, soulless corporate chain hotels. I'd rather support a local boutique property and have a unique experience. Also, it was in the heart of Boston Commons, convenient to the airport, ferry and public transit hub of South Station.

The room itself was luxurious, spacious, interestingly designed and had an amazing BALCONY view of the city from the 24th floor! That's right, a balcony!

There was a fun nightclub in the hotel and a terrific gym where I got a great workout on new equipment. I'm a personal trainer, and I can vouch that the fitness center is top notch with a full free weight rack, Smith machine for squats/presses. full cardio studio, physio balls and props for pilates and yoga. There's a beautiful pool and rooftop lounge also.

Despite the stellar facilities, it was what the staff of the Revere did after I checked out that made me decide to write a review...

To make a long story short, there was an issue with my bank and debit card that would have normally taken several business days to resolve, leaving me with limited funds for my trip. The Revere management stepped up to the plate and was in a conference call with the bank for over 30 minutes! I couldn't believe the attention to detail and commitment to service. This particular Revere employee even taught the bank official something new during the transaction. Without this generous support, I wound have been eating saltines on holiday. Thankfully, I was able to relax and enjoy myself fully as I had planned.

In the end, the major delay from traffic was forgotten. In fact, I was grateful for it because I wouldn't have had such an amazing beginning to my summer trip.

For anyone who values service, attention to detail, beauty, comfort, convenience, health and fun: forget the other chain hotels! You'll only get it all at The Revere!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Hank -

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am really happy Revere Hotel provided a great experience for your Holiday and that the staff made every effor to accommodate when there was an issue to be dealt with and that it made a difference for you.

I hope we can welcome you back when you are next in Boston.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Stayed for almost a week - rooms were clean and quiet, very pleasant stay indeed. the hotel is within walking distance to most attractions - in fact, the family and I walked almost everywhere (freedom trail, markets, aquarium, museums, public library, restaurants, etc). would recommend this place without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jenni V, Guest Relations Manager at Revere Hotel Boston Common, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
James T, thank you for your awesome 5 STAR review!

I love reading about all of the things our guests did while they were staying with us! We hope you return to Boston very soon and when you do please feel free to contact me directly when needing to book your accommodations!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I recently stayed at The Revere with friends who had a suite for the second time and enjoyed everything! As always, Tim at The Front Desk is fantastic and his team of (handsome)! front desk agents are kind and efficient!

The hotel is clean, has sleek Apple Macs at the concierge desk and in a perfect location for back bay and exploring downtown Boston. The place is dependable and I really like staying here.

Should be back soon! Keep up the good work!

Patrick Mark Winkler

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Patrick -

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your second experience at Revere Hotel and thank you for the 5-star review -- it's the best thank you from such a well-seasoned traveler.

Please let me know any time I may assist with rooms or rates. I would be happy to take great care of you.

Warm regards,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We had a bit of a bumpy experience checking in. We were pretty close to the check-in time and the front desk couldn't provide us with a room, despite my mom driving from Ohio for 12 hours and my wedding dress waiting around with no place to hang. Given the fact that we were staying a full week we weren't thrilled with this initial experience.

However on the second attempt to check-in/ get a room, Tim M. was great! He was so helpful with setting us up with parking and making sure our stay would be amazing throughout the duration of my wedding week. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2014, travelled with family
Afydrych, thank you so much for you review!

I'm sorry that you were not able to check in earlier then our guaranteed check in time which is at 4pm, we always do our very best to accommodate all of our early arrivals if it is possible. Its great to hear Tim M was able to get you right in on your second return! For the great mention Tim is now nominated for our Employee of the Month!

Thanks again!

Columbia, MD
Reviewed 2 September 2014

This is a beautiful hotel, nicely appointed on the inside, with really great rooms. Don't be deterred by the exterior of the hotel, it's amazing on the inside. This is a luxury hotel, and the staff is really, really friendly. There are 2 restaurants in the hotel, we used the City Cafe on Sunday morning for breakfast, and the food was really good and plentiful. There is a rooftop which comes highly recommended, but I didn't try it out myself, so I can't vouch for that. The location is just 2 blocks from Boston common and it's about a 10 to 15 minute walk to get over to the start of the Freedom Trail. The whole area seems really safe, even at 10 pm or later, since there are a lot of people around and it is really well lit. We only stayed the one night, and I really wish we could have stayed longer. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Nadine K, thank you so much for your 5 STAR review!

It is so great to read that you did so many different things while you were in the city and your stay with us surpassed your expectations! We welcome you back to Boston anytime!