“A great choice in Boston”

Sheraton Boston Hotel
Ranked #53 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in June and were very happy with the location, the room and the service we received. The hotel is newly renovated and looks fabulous, the room was clean and modern. The deluxe king room we booked was very spacious and had a great corner view. The lobby is a good spot to sit and read, check email, watch TV or grab a drink in the lounge. Starbucks is right there as well. Although we didn't eat on-site at the restaurant, you have plenty of great options close by. The breakfast in the morning is a buffet only, no a la carte option, so one of the bellmen recommended the Pour House close by, a very affordable spot for a good breakfast until 11am everyday. You can walk to Fenway Park from here, and Newbury street is 3 blocks away. The Old Town Trolley bus tour picks up right out front of the hotel which was convenient. The staff were very friendly and the location couldn't be beat. I stayed at the Westin Copley previously and this was just as good. Would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: The deluxe king room offers you lots of space and great corner views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wenztravels
AngeVen, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear wenztravels,
Thank you for this wonderful review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and our unbeatable location. Our breakfast restaurant was recently renovated as well and now features a full buffet as well as an a la carte menu. Come back soon and give us an opportunity to provide you with a wonderful breakfast experience.
Angela Vento, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,504)

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I had a dream vacation of going to boson and seeing the Red Sox play with my 7 yr. Old son and boyfriend. I thought I had a nice place to stay and be taken care of as a guest. My experience at the Boston Sheraton was terrible. I don't recommend anyone stay there. My reservation was messed up and $ was taken from my account that I was on aware of being taken. Noboby wanted to fix anything and everything too expensive. I didn't feel welcome at all. Boston as a city was great when I return I will stay somewhere else. I also recommend that you do too

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Holly P

Dear Holly P,
Thank you for your feedback. I can imagine you must have been disappointed given your excitement for this trip. I'm sorry for the billing error you encountered, of course we try to avoid this kind of mistake at all costs, but I'm disheartened to learn that you didn't feel as though our team was there to assist in rectifying the issue. I trust this has been resolved in the meantime, if not please connect with us so that we can make any necessary adjustments. I hope that you will reconsider staying with us again in the future and please let me know when your travels take you back to Boston so we can make it up to you. GMAngelaVento@sheraton.com
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Hotel staff is very unfriendly and unprofessional. If you are looking for a hotel to sleep, forget this one (extremely noisy). Certainly not worth the rates they charge. I wish I had checked out tripadvisor before booking this room. Seems most guests are unsatisfied.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Scott A

Dear Scott A,
Thank you for submitting a review. I'm terribly sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. You mentioned there was a noice concern - I would value any additional feedback you could provide as it relates to the source of the noise. The majority of our reviews are actually positive so your comments were surprising. Please reach out if you would be willing to share more information. GMAngelaVento@sheraton.com
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This was a super convenient location in Back Bay! Near lots of things within walking distance and close to Fenway Park. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. Breakfast was sufficient in the morning. The room was just a little cramped and there was no fridge, but that wouldn't keep me from staying there again.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I was not very impressed with the room at all. I guess I expected more from a Sheraton brand and for the price I paid. I upgraded to a junior suite but the room was extremely small and not very comfortable. You also have to pay separately for Internet service --- who doesn't provide free wi-fi anymore? --- Even the coffee shop around the corner offers it but the Sheraton charges another $10 per day? Seems ridiculous. Definitely will NOT stay again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank xQueeniexBee

Dear Yvette P,
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We do offer complimentary WiFi in our guest lobby and this also includes complimentary access to the Link at Sheraton experienced with Microsoft. It is quite common for hotels to charge for in room internet, and even more common in larger hotels with a greater bandwidth requirement. That said I understand that if you were not expecting there to be a cost associated, it could take you by surprise and I apologize for that. You mentioned that your junior suite was small and uncomfortable. I would be interested to look further into your reservation details to better understand your concern as it's not comon feedback. Would you reach out directly so we can look more closely? GMAngelaVento@sheraton.com. I hope to hear from you.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Sheraton Boston was everything its sister property, Le Meridien of San Francisco, wasn't. I had no choice in hotels this trip since I was delivering a presentation to a group that had booked its annual conference at the Sheraton, and suffering a less than satisfactory stay only the week before at Le Meridien, I wasn't sure what kind of experience to expect. I was given a beautiful room with excellent appointments on the lounge floor and a view of both the Charles River and the financial district. The hotel is in the Back Bay area and is well located and easily accessible to great restaurants, shopping and other sights to see in Boston. The hotel bar was quite good, very lively with the Red Sox game on conveniently positioned TVs. Breakfast is served in the same facility, and both food and service were the equal in quality as the night before. The conference rooms are a little tired, but the staff was extremely attentive, catering was more than adequate and the sound system worked flawlessly. My presentation materials had been shipped ahead of time and were ready for me as soon as I arrived. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Sheraton Boston.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the north side facing the Charles river directly. It's a gorgeous view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Oh man, why do I keep staying here? Someone that complains so much should just go elsewhere.

My boss makes me stay here because it is his preferred hotel. I am raising this as a grievance in my next performance review.

This is a very, very, average and impersonal hotel. I felt it more because it was my first Starwood visit after having lost my Gold status in their SPG programme. Man, did they ever make me feel it. I got a room on the 6th floor facing a wall - might as well have been an internal room. Look to the left and you see another wall, look the right and you see ventilation ducts. Instead of a king bed, it was just a double. Arriving at 2300, didn't feel like asking to change but they could have given me a break - was staying there for 3 nights at nearly $300 per night.

Staff seem pretty indifferent no matter when or where you meet them. The hotel is packed with conventioners and time consuming just to get the elevator. Breakfast room is too busy, dark and over priced. WIFI, at least on the 6th is as slow as molasses.

Redeeming aspects are the decent sized gym and pool. I hope this is my last review of this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business