“Great stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Manila
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed for 5days in this hotel. Great location as its connected to Prudential Center. Nice big comfy bed. Clean but quite small bathroom. Love the "starbucks" coffee in the room. Loved the view from the hotel room window.

The only thing I didn't like was the very slow elevators. Had to wait for like 5mins and to think that was a busy week for all this conferences that was going on and people was never stop coming and going. :(

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and room that overlooking the bay area.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (546)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pine, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stay here for work about once a month. There are two different towers, and I have always stayed at the one that is left facing the check-in desk. The rooms are never bad. Sometimes the view is lame, sometimes it is a lovely view of the river. My room is usually very clean.

Last time I stayed at this hotel, I came in from a red-eye from the west coast, I was so tired. They did not have my room for me. In their defense, it was the time that a tornado, yes, I said tornado, had gone through the night before and it played havoc with travelers....I am guessing that some did not get out on their flights the night before. Still, I wanted my bed very, very much and there was no bed!

So, Alysa,at the front desk turned the entire situation around for me; no she could not produce a bed....but that woman did everything in her power to make the situation right. I felt like I was at a small Inn with the personal attention that she gave to me. Geez that goes a long way when you are exhausted, crabby and let down by no bed. (I know, first world problems), but come on, I was so grumpy. Alysa didn't let my negativity bring her down, she smiled and helped. What more could you ask for?
She's' a gem, and Sheraton is lucky to have her. How about a promotion for Alysa? I hope you get the same warm fuzzy feelings when you go there.

Room Tip: I heard that one tower is nicer than the other, but I can't say for sure, b/c I have only been i...
Green Features: They recycle -containers in the room. Trip advisor is making me type 50 characters and I don't have that kind of environmental review.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Peggy303
Wausau, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We took a risk and booked a "mystery hotel" for a long weekend in Boston. We got the Sheraton at a great price and it was worth it. While there is nothing spectacular about the hotel, it met all of our needs. The location is the best part-it's right downtown and in walking distance of Newbury Street and is connected to the Prudential Center for more shopping. The rooms were clean and quiet-we were in the North Tower and had a nice view of downtown. The beds/pillows were also very comfortable. The rooms are small and the bathroom is very small (I hit my foot on the toilet trying to get in the shower), but it's still perfectly fine for a short stay. To me the cleanliness is the most important, and it was great in that respect. The lobby had a Starbucks and free wifi. For the price we got I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
1 Thank Kelly F
San Jose
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

The Sheraton Boston is connected to the Copley Shopping Center and, as far as I’m concerned, that is the only good thing about this hotel. My 76 year old husband and I arrived, after a 6 hour flight, at +/- 11:45PM; no bellhop, no bell captain, one gal at the registration desk deep in conversation with someone. When she got around to us, she curtly told us that our room was not available, that because we had reserved it with Bank of America travel service, Sheraton did not have to honor and would not honor the reservation. She became absolutely hostile when we subsequently declined the rooms she wanted us to take. Finally, at about 12:30AM, she gave us a so-called suite, a queen bed and a sofa bed. The room was old-fashioned, all the charm of Logan Airport boarding area, and a wonderful view of the Charles River. We waited and made two calls to get housekeeping to make up the sofa bed (my husband said it was more comfortable than the floor would have been). The towels were short (fewer) the second day and we happily left for the rest of our vacation. I would never stay in a Sheraton again and certainly don’t recommend the Sheraton Boston. FYI: The registration clerk who checked us out told my husband, that when one reserves a room with a travel site (like Bank of America or Expedia) one should then call the hotel and inform them of the reservation and the price/night. The hotel (the Sheraton at least) will give you a reservation at the same price and guarantee the room.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LLadyLawyer
AngeVen, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear LLadyLawyer,
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that you were not welcomed with care and concern. This certainly does not speak to the service we strive for. I appreciate your notes about the channel through which your reservation was made. This allows us to follow up and ensure that we can address the disconnect and better understand why the reservation did not interface with our system as it should have. The information that the agent shared with you was referencing our Best Rate Guarantee which guarantees that if you find a published rate available lower than ours we will match it. This allows your to reserve with us directly which can assist in avoiding any glitches such as the one you encountered. That said, the delivery of this information should have been better and I'm sorry that that was the case. I hope that you'll allow us an opportunity to make this up to you in the future. Please connect with me directly if you choose to do so that I can arrange your reservations. GmAngelaVento@sheraton.com
Warm Regards,
Angela Vento, General Manager
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton a couple of weeks ago for a business/leisure combo trip. The location was great. We walked to the Museum of Fine Arts (Magna Carta and Jamie Wyeth exhibit!) and to many restaurants and shops on Boylston and Newbury. We also walked to Boston Commons, Public Garden and more.
We had a nice long room on the 8th floor, very quiet, not much of a view, but we could see down the street. Very clean, and the bed and linens were very luxurious! Bathroom was, indeed, quite small, definitely a one person space. No two people brushing their teeth at the same time!
Yes, they do charge for WiFi, my pet peeve at hotels. So I didn't use it.
Loved the Starbucks downstairs, brought my café latte back up to the room along with a wheat spinach savory square, for breakfast with the Morning Show. Yum.
The staff members were great, very friendly, the concierge was very helpful with restaurant recommendations and directions! I would certainly recommend this Boston Back Bay Sheraton!
Restaurants: The concierge recommended Lucca Back Bay on Huntington for dinner when we arrived, great place to sit at the bar, the meatballs were amazing (really!), as was the Caesar salad (I know, it’s a Caesar, but it was delicious!) and a wonderful pasta dish. Stephanie’s on Newbury was so good, I had lunch there twice. Outdoor dining, great people watching, the lobster roll was amazing, and their french fries are some of the best ever!!! (And I’m a connoisseur… ) And Fiori’s on Hanover was fabulous, sat outside, had the lobster ravioli. (Take a cab to the North End.) Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton Boston Hotel in May with our two adult boys. We had a fantastic time. The location is perfect! We took a bus from the airport and it dropped us off at the convention centre for $5 and then just walked around the corner to the hotel. The hotel is situated in walking distance to Fenway Park, Newberry Street and Boylston Street. It is connected to the Prudential Center Mall so you don't even have to go outside. There are many restaurants, cafes, smoothie places, shops etc on Newberry and Boylston. You will not be disappointed. The hotel itself was very clean, nice furniture, outstanding service. We hope you enjoy this hotel and Boston as much as we did.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AngeVen, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear jodip2,
Thank you for this wonderful review. I'm thrilled that you had such a positive Boston experience and that we were a part of making it special!
All the best,
Angela Vento, General Mananger
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We got this hotel on Priceline, having no idea what the hotel would be. When it came up the Sheraton I checked the reviews and was a bit dubious, it had had some recent flack. Upon arriving at the hotel we were greeted by Bonnie who was awesome. She gave one of our rooms a free upgrade just so that we could all be on the same floor. She was a gat advocate for the hotel and for America as this was the first leg on our road trip tour.

The room was well sized, clean and comfortable. The bathroom followed suit. We had incredible views of Boston.

The hotel had many useful aspects too, such as the ability to rent a car in the lobby, a Starbucks on site and a large lobby, perfect for meeting before heading out.

I'd certainly stay at the Sheraton again and would definitely recommend it to family and friends.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends