“Boston Tattoo Convention!”

Sheraton Boston Hotel
Ranked #53 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

This is the host hotel every year for the Boston Tattoo Convention. This hotel is downtown Boston, so much around it. As with everything in downtown Boston, it is expensive but it is very nice. The rooms are nice and clean with great beds. There is a shopping mall and food court with great eateries. The hotel is kept very clean considering how very busy it is. If you want to stay in downtown Boston, this is where you want to be!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
AngeVen, General Manager at Sheraton Boston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Chet A,
Thank you for this wonderful review. We're thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with Boston Tattoo and look forward to seeing you again next year (or sooner)!
Kind Regards,
Angela Vento, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,472)

Reviewed 30 August 2014

My daughter just enrolled in Northeastern and I was looking for a close, pleasant place to stay when we visited her. The Sheraton Boston is a great choice. We were traveling with my son and we chose a suite. The amount of space was perfect for a family and cheaper than two hotel rooms in a nice Boston hotel. That said, it's not cheap. If you are looking for a bargain, this is not the place for you.

But, in hotels, you often get what you pay for and the Sheraton is a lovely hotel. The rooms are quiet, the beds comfy, and the staff responsive. We had a corner room on the tenth floor and I couldn't hear the city at all. The location is perfect--it is attached to the Prudential Center so, even if the weather is poor, you can walk to the Back Bay or the Copley Center without ever going outside.

I do resent paying for internet--ten dollars a day--and I strongly urge the Sheraton to rethink that charge. I also wish they'd offer a regular morning paper at the door.

But, overall, this is a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: The higher, the better.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2014

not much I can say, it is a "REAL" conference hotel. Guests come and go. They don't need to provide good service as it is not a factor for retain or attract customers.

Everything has a charge - internet, fridge, microwave, ...

They do not have a service elevator, the cleaner and its huge service cart use the customer elevator.

The hotel location is great, right at city center.

If you want a better hotel for the same price, Westin (SPG) is just next door.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cindy-Ella2008
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a last minute weekend getaway to Boston. Positives: enjoyed our room, especially the view of Boston from our room, and the Starbucks in the lobby. Negatives: housekeeping never cleaned our room or brought us clean towels (we had to call twice before clean towels were finally brought to our room), long lines in lobby, less than pleasant staff and expensive parking.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Was billed for a training for two weeks in the central area of Boston, a walking distance to the center for the Training and i booked, my choice though, to stay in Sheraton Boston. Firstly, on arrival with my wife, i was kindly requested to enroll with the Starwood Preferred Guests (SPG) and enjoy some more benefits. I did and i from then till now my experience as an SPG member has been wonderful. All thanks to the Sheraton Boston front desk staff. I had had a very long flight of about 16hours from my take off point and my wife and i were very very tired and just needed a room immediately to rest our aching bodies. We got to the hotel pretty earlier than their normal check in time. The staff, on observing our tired state, ensured that a room was speedily made ready for our check in. That singular attention was heart warming. Our stay was very enjoyable all thanks to the choice of Sheraton Boston. The hotel was very central and allowed us access to the entire Boston city.

Room Tip: The Charles River view is excellent
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chibestmania
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Let me start by stating that my room was paid for by others, so I can't comment on the financial value of the hotel. I can, however, comment on my experience. The room seemed small when I first entered, but it did not feel small at all as I spent my two nights there. One king bed, a comfortable chair, a spacious desk, a flat-screen TV, super clean, very modern, in great condition. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've experienced. The lobby connects directly to the Convention Center and to the shops, connecting to the Prudential Tower. The hotel is very well located - near lots of stuff, and near the T, which gets you easily to lots of other stuff. Parking was expensive, but parking anywhere in Boston is expensive, so that's not so much a negative. Three separate times, they brought my car up for me to get something that I accidentally left in the car. They rushed my dry cleaning so that I put in my suit on Sunday morning by 9:00 a.m., and it was clean and in my closet by 2:00 p.m. I have no complaints about this hotel.

Room Tip: My 8th floor room had a view of the brick wall of the building next door. If you're looking for...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2014

As an SPG rewards member, I have generally had positive experiences at Sheraton, Westin, and W Hotels. This hotel was the first time I ran into an issue with service which seems to a problem throughout the staff. Our first stop was the luggage/concierge where we left our bags because it was too early to check-in so our room wasn't ready yet. The luggage guy was extremely rude in taking our bags and then when we walked away says "stupid people! don't you know it too early to check-in!". I believe his name was Steve. Our next stop was check-in to confirm our reservation. The front desk said he "pre-checked" us in and that he would call when our room was ready. That call never happened. We finally returned to the hotel long after the regular check-in time only to find our room was ready long ago. The front desk explained that it was a courtesy to make this call, but not something they regularly did. That would be fine if they didn't tell me they were going to do it. I didn't ask them to call me so why offer this if it's not their regular practice. After these two encounters, we avoided the staff entirely. We went next door to the Hilton to ask for assistance with the rest of our travel plans. The room was adequate. I would not recommend this hotel when there are plenty of better options in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Trevor K

Dear Trevor K,
Thank you for your review. I'm terribly sorry to read about your experience and genuinley surprised by the concerns you have highlighted here. Certainly the responses you received are completely unacceptable and I appreciate the opportunity you have afforded me to address these issues immediately. We'd certainly like to make this up to you. Please connect with me at GMAngelaVento@sheraton.com so that I can turn this situation around for you. I look forward to hearing from you.
Warm Regards,