Taj Boston
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$227
  • Restaurant
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$360
US$418
US$362
  • Pool
The Westin Boston Waterfront(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$151
US$394
US$333
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Boston Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$242
2,937 results
All reviewsnewbury streetmolton brown toiletriesfireplace butlerpark viewgreat locationthe ritzpublic gardensroom serviceelegant hotelturn down servicebeacon hillan upgradefreedom trailconciergeluxurycommonsslippers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2011

The hotel is in very conveinent location, down town Boston. Across is a beautiful park with a great downtown of Boston shopping and food.3 Times room service just walk in,twice without knocking. check velet parking pricing as they dont tell you when you book the room which can add to be very expensive if you living there for more then two days. over all service is nice but very slow. "SRK"

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sonny7861
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I arrived at the Taj Boston just past noon. When I went to check in, the clerk behind the desk informed me that my room was not ready as the previous guest had just checked out. I inquired if it were possible to put me into another room as I had a business meeting at 3pm and would need to change into proper attire and freshen up after my flight. The clerk informed he "had nothing at my rate" (in a tone I found quite condescending, especially since "my rate" was the result of my company booking myself and 20 other clients and coworkers into the hotel for this paticular meeting). In 20 years of business travel I have never had a problem checking into a hotel a few hours early. The clerk said he would put my room as priority for cleaning but it would still take sometime. I left my bag and decided to go have lunch and take a stroll. Before leaving I again reminded the clerk I had a 3 pm meeting and would appreciate it if the room could be ready. I arrived back at the Taj about 2 hours later, there was now a new clerk at the desk. This clerk informed me that my room was not ready as the previous guests had just checked out. I mentioned that I had heard the same thing from the previous clerk 2 hours earlier. Again there was nothing they could do and they could not find me another room. When I inquired about a place to quickly change and freshen up, I was shown the way to the public bathrooms outside of the conference rooms.
That evening when I returned my room was ready to check in however my bag was now locked in the bell hop's room and apparently only the bell hop could get it out. I needed my bag immediately as I now had to change for dinner and knowing just checking in took several hours and several attempts I was not prepared to wait until someone could bring it to my room. So I wait almost a half hour for the bell hop to come back and unlock the room so I could have my bag.
When I finally made it to my room I was greeted by a stained carpet and tired looking furniture. The room was not uncomfortable or unclean (other than the carpert), it just did not live up to my expectations of a five star hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. The Four Seasons is much better in regards to service and updated rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Theonlyduck
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Having stayed at the Four Season each time we have visted Boston we decided to try the Taj. It is located in a superb location, across the street from Boston Common and centrally located to shops, dining, Fenway and downtown. The hotel was nice and the staff accommodating but I would definitely not rate this a five star hotel! We arrived at 6 a.m. and there was no bellhop or valet at the front door. I don't mind bringing my own luggage in by any means but when you claim to be a five star hotel there should be someone there to greet the guests. This has been my past experience. The young lady at the desk was great and got us settled in our rooms. When we arrived in our room, we did not have a dresser. We were staying for a week and this was unacceptable. I went downstairs and requested a dresser and she stated they would call engineering and deliver one within 30 minutes.
Unfortunately, our non-smoking room definitely had a smoker in it prior to our visit. When I went down to the front desk they did tell me they were a non-smoking hotel, which I know, but that certainly does not mean everyone follows the room. My husband, who is severely allergic to smoke and has suffers from asthma, smelled it as soon as he walked in the room. After speaking with a second person, he apologized and did acknowledge that it happens sometimes and some guests don't mind paying the 250 room charge to have the convenience of smoking in their rooms. His solution? Although he was very kind, he offered to have the draperies and carpet steam cleaned, chairs swapped, an air filtration unit and all the linens removed. Smoke sticks to everything- even walls. I told him we would like to change rooms event if it meant us been charged more for an upgrade. He stated there were no rooms available for the next three days and this was the best they could do. This seemed like a lot of work and knowing how much my husband suffers with allergies knew this would be unacceptable. This is where James in concierge comes in.

He had been working on something for us and I mentioned this to him. He said he would see what he could do and left to speak to a manager. When he returned he told us our room had been changed and they would send a bellhop right away to help move the luggage. I was very grateful!

In addition, James was extremely helpful the entire week with car rental (had the car dropped off and picked up at the hotel), restaurant reservations, tickets and more (took care of billing errors after our stay!). He was a pleasure to work with!

As far as rooms, they are decorated very nice but I will say the same thing a number of reviewers have commented on- the carpets in the rooms are absolutely filthy! There were 3 rooms between friends and family (not including the room we had for 2 hours) and they were all pretty disgusting. You absolutely have to upgrade or you will end up with the view our friends had - staring into rooftop, air conditioning units and windows. I The staff was fine but had it not been for James in Concierge, our hotel stay would have been miserable. Would I stay here again? It would not be my first choice but I would sure miss James!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank TerryR18
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Very clean, great service, excellent location, good food, 15 mins from airport, great value and if you get a park view it's fantastic.
Definitely recommend the Taj Boston.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Our stay at the Taj was great! The service was perfect and the employees were extremely pleasant and helpful. The Bar was great for drinks and light fare. Afternoon tea was a wonderful experience. The Taj was the best hotel we have stayed at in Boston. Great location as well. The Taj is a step above most hotels in the city - and they help has been with this facility even before when it was The Ritz location. They recognize you almost immediately, not necessarily by name, but "welcome you back"...every time I arrive there. You would be hard pressed to find a better location to Newbury Street, The Commons, Theatre, Restaurants - all that my "home" city has to offer! All in all having been in some of the top hotels in the world I think the TAJ is one of the best and definaly the only one I will stay at when in Boston.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple