“Lovely hotel but missing one or two things”
Review of Taj Boston

Taj Boston
Ranked #34 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bermuda
“Lovely hotel but missing one or two things”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We had a lovely room and were given an upgrade; the price was very reasonable, but there is no lounge area for the guests. The bar and the restaurant act as de facto lounges. It works for a short stay, when popping in and out of Boston but not for anything any longer. We wrote a few comments about the service in the bar and the restaurant and the manager followed up immediately which was impressive. We would stay again for the location and the quality of the room and just use it as a base. Concierge very good. To get the next star it really needs to have a decent lounge area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
TajBostonManagement, Manager at Taj Boston, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for staying at Taj Boston during your visit. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your trip to the city and your stay at the Taj. The Bar and Cafe are enjoyed by many as they combine a comfortable ambiance with a fine dining experience. Thank you for informing the manager about any service issues you had, we take all feedback very seriously and hope that he was able to fix any problems.

Regarding a lounge area, our French Room and Lounge is located on the 2nd floor of the hotel, and can be enjoyed by all guests as long as there are no functions taking place in those rooms. With comfortable sofas and chairs, tables, classic décor, and views overlooking Newbury Street, it is a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. If you choose to stay at the Taj in the future, please visit the Concierge and he/she can direct you towards the French Room and the Lounge. In the afternoon Friday-Sunday, we invite you to join us for our famed Afternoon Tea in the French Room. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to welcome you back to Taj Boston soon!

Taj Boston Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
Yorktown Heights, New York
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Taj. Great location to the finish line and bus loading that morning. It is a pricey not only for the room but the restaurant inside. So we ate out while we were there. The staff was great anything we wanted they got for us. My only reason for not giving a 5 star is that for a 5 star hotel the rooms weren't the carpets needed to be either cleaned or replaced, as far as what to watch on TV not much to choose from and for the price you pay per night they should offer free wifi not charge you per day.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Spent three nights in Boston at the TAJ on business. Very nicely located in the expensive part of town. If you like pricey stores and good restaurants, this hotel is great.
Staff was nice enough and the room was average but overall pleasant. We were charged an extra night as I may have made a mistake in the reservation. I spoke to the manager but he told me he could not do anything about it. Can't say I was impressed as I was part of a whole convention staying there and the fees charged for our breakfasts and lunch were exorbitant. Anyways....
The heating system in the rooms was from another age with forced air at the window level and cold air in the bathroom.
We got an handicapped friendly room with a shower set low which made my morning shower an exercise in contortions. Again if you charge full fee, get me a room adapted to my needs...
Overall, an OK experience but I would no go there exept for business.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Miami
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I have stayed at many Boston hotels and this was my first stay at the TAJ Boston. The staff at the TAJ are extremly helpful and do a great job. The are a few things that the hotel needs to correct. First the rooms are decorated very nice but the carpets need to be cleaned...at least in my room during my stay. Secondly, as there is no parking garage close by; the parking fees are unbelievable...$44.00 per night!! In addition you are expected to tip the help. I ended up spending over $190.00 in parking fees during my stay. Finally, the location was excellent and overall the hotel is very nice...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
TajBostonManagement, Manager at Taj Boston, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Taj during your visit to Boston, we are delighted you enjoyed your first stay at the Hotel. We apologize that you were not satisfied with the parking situation in Boston, and we understand that city parking is limited. Our rate is carefully chosen, and is comparable to the overnight rates of all nearby garages. However, we provide the convenience of valet service to our guests and 24-hour assistance. In the future, if you decided to travel to Boston without your vehicle, Taj Boston provides complimentary Jaguar service to all guests. We hope that on your next visit to Boston, you choose to stay at the Taj again. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 9 April 2012

So I will start out by saying the hotel is located in a really nice area and is very nice. That's about it. My room was on the 15th floor and there was a party going on right above me. After touring Boston, all I wanted to do was come back to my hotel room and pass out, but I couldn't because of the music. The bass was so loud that objects were moving in the room. When I called down to complain, the front desk said there's nothing they can do about it and I just have to wait until the party was over. During my check in, I was not warned or anything about this party. I couldn't believe how unprofessional they are. I travel to Boston all the time and will never stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dina L
TajBostonManagement, Manager at Taj Boston, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Dina,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and for choosing to stay at the Taj during your visit to Boston. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. Usually, our guests are informed upon check-in if there are any events in the hotel that may cause a noise disturbance. If a room is available, we will give guests the option of switching to a quieter room. Unfortunately, we were not performing to our usual standards that evening, and for that I sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our Hotel Manager, and these issues will be handled properly in the future. We strive to provide a pleasant experience for our guests, and hope you will afford us another opportunity to fully impress you on your next visit to Boston.

Kindest Regards,

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very clean rooms. Location is pretty central to everything and public transit is easy with the Arlington Station nearby. They also have a complimentary car service if you need to suddenly be somewhere.

• Stayed April 2012
TajBostonManagement, Manager at Taj Boston, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay at the Taj during your recent trip to Boston. Our central location is one of the great features of our hotel, as we are just a few steps from Newbury Street at the Public Garden. As for the Boston destinations not within walking distance of the Hotel, we do have complimentary Jaguar service for all guests. Thank you for choosing at Taj Boston; we hope to welcome you back in the near future.