“The place to stay.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“The place to stay.”
Reviewed 14 December 2011

This was the first trip to Boston with the family. After being in the car for four hours all I wanted to do was to get in my room and relax. We were meet by a friendly door staff and then by the front desk agent that was beyond helpful. Masai was the gentleman that helped me check in. When our bags came to the room by a very helpful staff member (sorry did not get your name) he called for a refrigerator to come up for my twins milk. When then met by Shun Tao who brought the kids small toys play with and gave us directions to different parts of the city. Service is top notch hands down. I will be returning again.
John

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 16 December 2011
Thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place! I am delighted you chose us as your homebase for your recent trip to our fair City. We are very proud of all our employees and the service that they provide and I am happy that you were able to experience our service. I will be sure to pass your comments to Masai and Shun, two of our truly finest!. Just a side note all guest room corridors and rooms have been renovated as of April this year. We are planning on a facelift for the lobby this February. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (926)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 13 December 2011

After a few issues with entering the hotel which is on a different level from check-in I was not in a great mood from a long day of travel. I was not very pleasant to deal with but I was treated with a lot of patience and with great care to make my stay extremely comfortable. The front desk agent (Masai K.) worked to obtain a room that met all of my requests. The room was very comfortable and I had a spectactular view. I stayed for 2 weeks and was told by Masai that if I needed anything to call on him (I did!). It was his wonderful attitude and willingness to provide a great stay that will make me go back. Good customer service is hard to find but it was definitely at the Westin thanks to Masai. I also enjoyed the lobby with an inviting fireplace. It was a great place to relax and to get some work done. The location is perfect. I could walk to so many things and the shopping (connected to the hotel) is fantastic. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Slight upgrade charge for a Riverview but definitely worth it. Also high floors are nice.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank heatheranne22
Thank you very much for your comments about the Westin Copley Place! I think because we are here every day that we take for granted that the arrival on the first level and the check in on the second level can be confusing and perhaps we should take a better look at our signage package. I am delighted you had chosen us as your homebase for your recent two week stay in our fair City. We are very proud of all our employees and the service that they provide and I am happy that you were able to experience our service. I will be sure to pass your comments to Masai, one of our true Service Ambassadors, who we are all very proud off. Just a side note all guest room corridors and rooms have been renovated as of April this year. We are planning on a facelift for the lobby this February as well. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
new delhi
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Though I have stayed in Westin Copley couple of times earlier too but everytime I stay here it's more enjoyable and satisfying stay for me. The bed size and comfort of the bed is amazing. The rooms are clean and the services of the hotel staff are very prompt and courteous. The location of teh hotel is also very convenient as it's almost in the heart of city and closer to good eating and shopping areas like New berry street etc.
The best.

Room Tip: s high as possible for best view.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place! I am delighted you chose us as your homebase for your recent trip to our Fair City. We are very proud of all our employees and the service that they provide and I am happy that you were able to experience our service. I will be sure to pass your comments on to all the staff. Just a side note all guest room corridors and rooms have been renovated as of April this year. We are planning on a facelift for the lobby this February. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Pawcatuck, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 December 2011

This is my favorite place to stay whenever I'm in Boston for business or pleasure. The beds are extremely comfy, the rooms are clean, and I love the complimentary bath soaps (odd thing to look forward to, I know). The staff can be a little snooby sometimes, but nothing outrageous. Wonderful location, and if you don't feel like wandering out of the hotel for food, there are plenty of options in the lobby. There's even a walkway to the Copley square mall, so you don't have to venture outside on blustery days - more dining options and things to do -bonus!

• Stayed January 2011
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 13 December 2011
Thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place. I am delighted you had chosen us as your homebase for your recent trip. I am sorry that you feel that some staff can be "snobby" at times. This is not our goal, in fact our Purpose is to " Engage, Inspire, and Value every person every day...not just guests, but every person we come in contact with in and out of work...we may need to keep reinforcing that. Just a side note all guest room corridors and rooms have been renovated as of April this year. We are planning on a facelift for the lobby February. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Stayed Thanksgiving weekend. After thoroughly comparison shopping, I had narrowed hotels down between this and the Copley Square Hotel, and I went with the Westin. It was a lovely room on the higher floors with great views. The location was fantastic - close to bars, restaurants and shopping. We were able to book a duck tour through the concierge and it picked us up about a block from the hotel. Would stay again!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place. I am delighted you had chosen us as your homebase for your recent trip. Just a side note all guest room corridors and rooms have been renovated as of April this year. We are planning on a facelift for the lobby this February. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 6 December 2011

A party in Boston's gentrified South End brought us back to the Westin Copley Place, located at Copley Square in the heart of this most charming city where I once lived. Therefore, I was considering the neighboring Copley Square legendary hotel but the Westin took our puppy, we had stayed at this newer hotel and the price was good with Starwood points. Pulling into valet to check in, there were so much commotion given Thanksgiving weekend. Wow! A valet immediately got our bags, front desk was super sweet and accommodating with no wait, our room was gorgeous on the 32nd floor. For hubby, the flatscreen was big and the king was superking. Spoil us with Starbucks in the room we didn't want to leave the room. Well done Westin, it was a perfect one nighter, I had my walking shoes on and did a full cruise of surprisingly warm Boston, covering my old Back Bay neighborhood, historic Beacon Hill and the Public Gardens. I even did an errand at Trader Joes across the street. This was worthy of writing my second review to tell everyone that this hotel exceeded expectations. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Don't know, high floors have great view.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 7 December 2011
Thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place and welcome back to Boston! I am delighted you had chosen us as your homebase for your recent night back to the Walking City. We are very proud of all our employees and the service that they provide and I am happy that you were able to experience our service. I will be sure to pass your comments on to all the staff. Just a side note all guest room corridors and rooms have been renovated as of April this year. We are planning on a facelift for the lobby this January and February. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I have been trying different locations in Boston and this is clearly a greta hotel in Boston. Location is perfect as you are in the centre of Boston walking distance to most things, including the subway. The complex has the Westin at one end and the Marriott at the other end with a great mall in the middle, with trendy brands like Louis Vuitton, Boss, Zegna, etc and department stores like Barneys or Neiman Marcus and adjacent to the Prudential Center and convention. There are a number of restaurants in the gallery just by the lobby of the hotel before entering the mall, so everything you need is very handy.

I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a junior suite due to my gold status and got a great room in a Preferred Guest floor , the 35th floor, so the views were spectacular. See my pics attached.The room was large with a sofa and coffee table besides the desk and the large bed. There was an Ipod/iphone charger and radio, lcd TV, bar, coffee maker, etc. Wifi is not free and you pay for 24 hours or more. I could not get wifi in the lobby, so not sure if they have a free service there. The bathroom was a bit too small for the room, but adequate.

The price was excellent and more so if you factor in my free upgrade. I used a Special Offer code I saw here at tripadvisor, so I got the second night at 40% off and same for the 4th night. Great savings.

In-room dining was a bit sparse in its diversity but good quality. The lobby bar is a good hangout after work to relax with a drink and catch some sports on their TV.

The only thing I do not like, but nothing you can do about it, is that the entrances is one level below the lobby, so you need to go up the escalator to check in. When I arrived no one picked my luggage at around 8 PM (no big deal). But the rest of the days I was there I always saw doormen on call, so I guess I was just unlucky.

I plan to go back and next time I will be platinum so I am hoping for a larger suite :-)

Room Tip: Get upgraded or pay extra for views if you can.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank julio b
Thank you very much for your positive comments and the pictures of the view at the Westin Copley Place. I am delighted you had chosen us as your homebase for your recent trip. Terribly sorry that we missed your luggage at the front door. We always have a Doorman scheduled and on most days we have two per shift and one on the overnight. Just a side note all guest room corridors and rooms have been renovated as of April this year. We are planning on a facelift for the lobby this February. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.