“Excellent service”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #29 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Recently I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for one week for a seven day conference. From the moment I arrived, the staff were unusually helpful even though they had a full house with many events. My first room smelled musty and after airing it remained so. When I called the front desk, they immediately upgraded my room to a lovely windowed suite. When I could not figure out how to work the shower, they sent engineering staff right away to help. All staff were very friendly and courteous, even the non-english speaking house keeper. The room had a sunrise to die for which was good because my course began at 7 AM. The conference also went very smoothly and the food for that was more than adequate. The restaurants in the hotel were very high quality. There is a walkway connecting you to several inside malls, hotels and trains so in winter cold you need not go outside unless you wish.

Room Tip: Both rooms I saw had lovely views and were quiet, clean and well maintained. The higher floors have...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2011

Happy Holidays and thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place! I am delighted you chose us as your homebase for your recent conference. I am also very pleased to hear that we were able to take care of the issue you had with your first room. We are very proud of all our employees in fact, and the service that they provide and I am happy that you were able to experience our service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 19 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel 5 days because of a business meeting at the convention center and what a great choice (there were other hotel options available). Check-in was smooth and efficient. The room was top notch--nice, new furniture, the expected comfy Westin bed and linens, a great place to sit and put your feet up, large desk, plenty of electrical outlets, super fast Internet, easy temperature control, spacious bathroom, and a TV with a working remote (not always a "given" in some hotels). Every time I walked into the room I thought, "Wow, this is a nice room." Housekeeping kept the room spotless. Every staff member that I spoke with in the hotel was cheerful, courteous and accommodating; it's nice when you feel like they are happy you are there. Coffee shop off main lobby was my first stop every day and I always appreciate this convenience. Had dinner in the bar one night and service was great and food outstanding. Concierge people were pleasant and helpful. All in all, one of the nicest "business" stays I've had. Would return and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2011

Happy Holidays and thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place! I am delighted you chose us as your homebase for your recent conference at the Convention Center. I am also very pleased to hear that your room was so well maintained by our Housekeeping staff. Those ladies and gentleman take great pride in delivering an experiece that is unequalled in Boston. We are very proud of all our employees in fact, and the service that they provide and I am happy that you were able to experience our service. Next time you are with us, you should try our award winning Sustainable Seafood Restuarant, Turner Fisheries. I promise you will not go wrong.Just a side note all guest room corridors and rooms have been renovated as of April this year. We are planning on a facelift for the lobby this February. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 18 December 2011

We spent Dec. 17th at the Westin and I can honestly say I have never had a better hotel stay. And I have never had better service then I received from Cristina at the reception desk. When she found out we were there to celebrate some wonderful health news, she went out of her way to ensure that our stay went above and beyond our expectations. That is something I won't forget - this will be our hotel of choice in Boston from now on.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2011

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place! I am delighted you chose us as your homebase for your recent trip to our fair City. I am alos very pleased to hear that you received wonderful health news, which is the greatest Christmas gift one coule receive. We are very proud of all our employees and the service that they provide and I am happy that you were able to experience our service. I will be sure to pass your comments on toCristina one of our finest for sure!. Just a side note all guest room corridors and rooms have been renovated as of April this year. We are planning on a facelift for the lobby this February. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 17 December 2011

This was our first time staying at the Westin Copley Place and it could not have been more wonderful. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. The person at the front desk was very nice and accomodating and upgraded our room to a beautiful jr. suite with gorgeous views. We ended up having to stay an extra night because of damage from the October Nor'easter in our hometown. The staff, especially Brian from reservations, was extremely helpful going above and beyond in order to make this possible and at the lowest rate possible. Overall, we were truly impressed with the accomodations and friendliness and courtesy of the staff which made our weekend in Boston very memorable.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place! I am delighted you chose us as your homebase for your recent trip to our fair City. Very sorry to hear that you are still dealing with damage from the Ocotober Storm we had, but I am delighted we could help to make your time away from home more bearable. We are very proud of all our employees and the service that they provide and I am happy that you were able to experience our service.Just a side note all guest room corridors and rooms have been renovated as of April this year. We are planning on a facelift for the lobby this February. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 17 December 2011

The Copley Westin's location cannot be beat. It's right at Copley Square, with lots of shopping opportunities and public transport links nearby. We enjoyed a splendid view over Copley Square, the city, and the bay from our nice 34th floor room. We noted some minor issues though. First, we needed to weigh whether to enjoy the beautiful vista or avoid the cold draft coming into the room when the curtains were open. We also would have liked to have another nighstand, since the one between the two queen-size beds was very small and crowded. In addition, the mattress did not seem to be as firm as the one we enjoyed at the Westin in Fort Lauderdale, for whichever reason. And finally, the TV did not allow us to review our portfolio when we wanted to do express check-out, which the front desk clerk said she had heard from other guests as well (even though she said that the Westin's IT people would usually say that it should be working). Fortunately, check-in and check-out were very smooth and efficient, as was the elevator service--which is important when you stay at such a large hotel. Overall, we would recommend the Westin, since the issues we identified are minor, and the prime location and nice ambience more than offset them.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place! I am delighted you chose us as your homebase for your recent trip to our fair City. I am concerned about the draft that you experienced in your guest room...that should not be happening. Perhaps you could e-mail me at michael.jorgensen@westin.com with the room number so I can have my engineer check it out. I will definetly have our IT Manager check the video check out feature on our TV's to ensure that it is up and running prpoerly. The beds are essentially new so I will also check that bed out once I am able to determine which room it was. Just a side note all guest room corridors and rooms have been renovated as of April this year. We are planning on a facelift for the lobby this February. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and Happy Holidays.

Reviewed 14 December 2011

This was the first trip to Boston with the family. After being in the car for four hours all I wanted to do was to get in my room and relax. We were meet by a friendly door staff and then by the front desk agent that was beyond helpful. Masai was the gentleman that helped me check in. When our bags came to the room by a very helpful staff member (sorry did not get your name) he called for a refrigerator to come up for my twins milk. When then met by Shun Tao who brought the kids small toys play with and gave us directions to different parts of the city. Service is top notch hands down. I will be returning again.
John

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2011

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place! I am delighted you chose us as your homebase for your recent trip to our fair City. We are very proud of all our employees and the service that they provide and I am happy that you were able to experience our service. I will be sure to pass your comments to Masai and Shun, two of our truly finest!. Just a side note all guest room corridors and rooms have been renovated as of April this year. We are planning on a facelift for the lobby this February. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

After a few issues with entering the hotel which is on a different level from check-in I was not in a great mood from a long day of travel. I was not very pleasant to deal with but I was treated with a lot of patience and with great care to make my stay extremely comfortable. The front desk agent (Masai K.) worked to obtain a room that met all of my requests. The room was very comfortable and I had a spectactular view. I stayed for 2 weeks and was told by Masai that if I needed anything to call on him (I did!). It was his wonderful attitude and willingness to provide a great stay that will make me go back. Good customer service is hard to find but it was definitely at the Westin thanks to Masai. I also enjoyed the lobby with an inviting fireplace. It was a great place to relax and to get some work done. The location is perfect. I could walk to so many things and the shopping (connected to the hotel) is fantastic. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Slight upgrade charge for a Riverview but definitely worth it. Also high floors are nice.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank heatheranne22

Thank you very much for your comments about the Westin Copley Place! I think because we are here every day that we take for granted that the arrival on the first level and the check in on the second level can be confusing and perhaps we should take a better look at our signage package. I am delighted you had chosen us as your homebase for your recent two week stay in our fair City. We are very proud of all our employees and the service that they provide and I am happy that you were able to experience our service. I will be sure to pass your comments to Masai, one of our true Service Ambassadors, who we are all very proud off. Just a side note all guest room corridors and rooms have been renovated as of April this year. We are planning on a facelift for the lobby this February as well. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.