“Guest Rooms Need An Update”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #30 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Half Moon Bay, California
“Guest Rooms Need An Update”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

For the price of the room I think there are better choices in the same area I was staying. The room I stayed in was showing signs of wear and tear. My average rating was made stronger by staff. They are well trained, responsive and friendly. The common areas of the hotel were nice. It is a great location connected to a couple of malls and close to Newberry Street if you like high-end window shopping. The bed was comfortable, the view was nice it just lacked the luxury feel for what I thought was a luxury room rate.

Room Tip: Took a higher floor room. Nice view, quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. While I was delighted to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations, I was surprised to hear your comments about the room needing an update. We completed a total guest room renovation less than a year ago, so I would love to be able to go see the room you stayed in to assess the condition myself. Perhaps you could contact me directly to discuss further. Thank you once again and I look forward to discussing further.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (898)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

I frequently stay at the Westin Copley flirting with the new W and the Four Seasons. Usually though I default back to the Westin since the rooms are a bit bigger, the Starbucks is literally right next to the lobby, and the terrific Equinox gym is across the street. While it is my default, I neither look forward to my stays there nor dread them like I do some SPG hotels (like W New York).

Last night, the Westin Copley amazed me and converted me from frequent guest to loyalist. In a rush back from a dinner meeting, carrying a stack of papers, and talking on a conference call I jumped out of a taxi and left my wallet on the seat. Having no idea which taxi company it was, without a receipt, and late at night I asked the valet if he had any idea of the name of the taxi company. Rather then shrugging, he said let me go check the cameras and see if we can find the taxi number. After a hour, Sarim Son's security team and the valet person, tracked down the taxi numbber and phone number of the taxi company. Miraculously, we were able to reach the taxi driver who found the wallet and returned it to the hotel. These extraordinary effort and resourcefulness made the next two days and 4 flights far easier -- with ID and credit cards -- and made me tremendously appreciative for the willingness, kindness, and intelligence of the Westin staff to go out of their way to help distracted guest.

The Westin Copley even remembered to slip a WSJ under my door as I requested before I left today. This is a wonderful team who have convinced me that this is the best place to stay in Boston.

Thank you!

Room Tip: The corner rooms are excellent -- amazing views and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Bob K
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
WOW! What an incredible story about service at the Westin Copley Place. The efforts by the Door and Security staff on your behalf truly make me proud that I am an employee of this incredible hotel. Service is what we sell and the employees you hire and giving them the empowerment to make decisions, and more importantly encouraging them to do so is 99% of the battle. I will be sure to seek out those employees and recognize their efforts. I can't thnak you enough for your positive and honest review of our hotel and also for being so loyal to the Westin Copley Place. We look forward to welcoming you back soon
Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

We were there to take part in the MRS Fall conference. The location is so close to the conference venue--Prudential Center, which is in walking distance within the building complex. The rooms were clean and the staff at the lobby were friendly and efficient. We would strongly recommend this to those on business travel to Boston downtown.

Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place! I am delighted you were able to stay with usduring the recent MRS Conference. What a great point about our location. It is ideal for a conference at the Hynes Convention Center, particularly this time of year...you never have to go outside...we like to say it is 72 dgress year round! Once again thank you very much for yor comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Harrogate, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

We've stayed here regularly on visits to Boston over Christmas. The hotel is still our pick in Boston, really central to the best mall, Copley Square and great bars and restaurants. The room we got was an upgrade (thanks to a little used Starwood loyalty membership) and had great views of the Charles River. At $170 inc taxes no argument on value either.

Room Tip: Join the SPG programme, even if you dont stay often they do 'bump' you up...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place! I am delighted you chose us as your homebase for your Holiday trip to Boston. As you point out our location is ideal and the tip that you leave about joining the Starwood Preferred Guest Program is a great one. The benefits of this program are fare reaching and well worth joining. Once again thank you very much for yor comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Excellent hotel for a business stay. Rooms were clean, and typically modern. The best feature is the incredibly convenient location - you simply take an escalator down from the lobby and you are right in front of Copley Square, in view of the T station, and steps away from Newbury Street, Boylston St, shopping, restaurants, etc. Concierge and check-in was helpful. I felt the very nice guest experience and location here provided an edge over the nearby Boston Copley Marriott. This hotel being attached to indoor shopping is also a great feature; you never have to step outdoors to reach the shops of Copley Mall and Prudential Tower (if you know how to navigate the walkways!). If money is not an issue, I would choose this hotel easily again as the brand-name option in this neighborhood.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank spectra21
Thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place! I am delighted you chose us as your homebase for your recent business trip to Boston. As you point out our location is ideal and we cannot agree enough with you about the differences between us and the Marriott. We are very proud of the service we provied and on the whole we beleive we are unmatched in this area. Once again thank you very much for yor comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

From the moment we stepped into the hotel, everything was just perfectly handled. We stayed there in December 2011 for our anniversary and were impressed with the courteous and kind attention of the staff. We came in on a red eye and needed some rest so the front desk handled the situation expediently so we could get some shut eye time immediately. The rooms were very clean and relaxing. We look forward to going there again!

Room Tip: I would recommend the corner units.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mari858
Happy Anniversary and thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place! I am delighted you chose us as your homebase for your recent trip to Boston. As you point out our location is ideal and we cannot agree enough with you about service we provied and on the whole we believe we are unmatched in this area. I was happy to see that our front office team was sensitive to your need for sleep followin your red eye flight to Bosont and you were able to explore our fair city rested and relaxed. Once again thank you very much for yor comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

I've stayed at the Westin Copley Place on the weekend of January 21-22nd 2012
I've arrived in a snowy day and was looking forward to getting to my room.
The check in was quick and very polite and also when requesting a late check out for the following day (Sunday) they were very nice about accomodating me.
Also when making my reservation I've requested certain details about my room and they were completely satisfied.
As this hotel is located in Copley Place is very convenient to get to a variety of restaurants, shows & convenience stores.
I thought that the price was very good and completely adequate to the quality to the service provided

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Lisa2319
Thank you very much for your positive comments about the Westin Copley Place! I am delighted you chose us as your homebase for your recent trip to Boston. As you point out our location is ideal and our service we believe is unmatched in this area. Once again thank you very much for yor comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!