“First Rate Hotel - The Best”

The Westin Copley Place, Boston
Ranked #30 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Elk Grove, California, United States
“First Rate Hotel - The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We could not have stayed in a finer hotel. The Westin Copely was not only beautiful, but the staff was also extremely caring and helpful. Our stay in Boston was highlighted by our great hotel. The Westin Copely Hotel is outstanding!

Room Tip: The front desk staff gives excellent insights.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Armando F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (898)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here multiple times in the past and always return when in Boston due to the top notch staff, facilities, and location. On this recent trip I found the staff to be excellent problem solvers who bring a creative approach to meeting the challenges of even the most particular guests (which I can be at times). My fondest memory of this stay was the conversation I had with a bellman who took the time to map out a jogging route around Boston that precisely met my running goal for that day. I would never have expected such awareness and counsel, but it has certainly left a lasting impression. It will be difficult to choose a different hotel in the same category upon my next visit.

• Stayed June 2012
Hooksett, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We were very happy with the hotel and staff. This hotel is walking distance to a lot of different attractions such as Fenway Park, trolley pick up, duck tour pick up, many different restaurants and bars. The bar within the hotel had great drinks with very friendly wait staff. The only issue was the air conditioning did not cool off as much as we would have liked it,especially at night.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Piscataway, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is a great hotel! Clean and full of amenities. I would go back again.
It is close to everything! Shopping & Restaurants very close by!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed at the Westin for a conference and was a bit disappointed. The rooms feel a bit older and more dated than other properties. The most disappointing thing was the internet service. I have come to accept that conference hotels will charge for internet service. However, after paying $12.95 I received one day of what would generously be described as 56K dialup. The connection was slow and constantly lagged to the point where I would have to reset my wireless to get it working again. The worst part is that the day pass you purchase in the room does not work in the lobby! This is one of the few hotels I have EVER stayed at that charges for internet access in the lobby, and if I am going to put up 13 bucks I should be able to use the internet in the lobby too. What a scam for a hotel that claims to be business friendly. In fact, I am typing this review from the lobby of the next door Marriott, which does not charge for internet in the lobby. Given the choice again, I would definitely stay at the Marriott for this reason alone.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Upon check-in, we were upgraded to a junior king suite with a view of the Charles River. The front desk staff was helpful and efficient. Our room was spacious and clean. As bedbugs have become a prevalent problem in the Northeast region of the US, we always make sure to double check any hotel room we stay at - and there were absolutely no problems in our room.

The hotel was in a great location - just two blocks away from the Copley T stop (on the green line). In fact, I think the entrance of the hotel may have been visible from the T stop exit. Parking at the Westin is expensive ($47/night, valet only), I would highly suggest simply taking the T stop from the airport. It's not as difficult as it may first appear - the public transit system in Boston is pretty user-friendly. We took the free shuttle from the terminal to Airport Station T stop, purchased a Charlie ticket (it is now $2.50 each way), transferred from the blue line to the green line at Government Center, and exited the Copley station. I think it took it maybe 30-40 minutes to make it from the airport to our hotel. Not altogether a bad deal for $2.50 pp.

The hotel is located right next to the public library, 1 block away from Bolyston and 2 blocks away from the popular Newbury street, where you'll find a lot of high-end shops, boutiques and restaurants.

We tried out the breakfast at the Huntington Lounge in the Westin - it is your typical hot breakfast with hot oatmeal, eggs, bacon, sausage and breakfast potatoes. There was also an assortment of cereals, pastries, bagels, breads, etc., yogurt and fruit to round out the meal. No omelet and waffle station, unfortunately.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed at the Westin Copley Place in April for a conference. We had three rooms in our party. The higher floors definitely have a better view, but the location of the hotel is fantastic. It is steps from the Liberty Trail & the Boston Public Library. Our room was average, but loved the Starbucks coffee machine (like Keurig) in the room. And we always enjoy the Heavenly bed of Westins.

Room Tip: Choose the highest floor possible to get a great view!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business