The Westin Copley Place, Boston
US$282
US$434
US$327
  • Restaurant
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$334
US$275
US$318
US$257
  • Room Service
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$235
Agoda.com
US$273
US$228
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Boston Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$352
US$325
4,174 results
All reviewscharles rivercopley placegreat locationheavenly bedriver viewprudential centernewbury streetstarbucks coffeeau bon painjunior suitepublic librarytrinity churchhigh floorback bay stationconcierge deskcentral locationgreen line
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Went to Boston for the first time when attending a conference. This hotel is in a great location, very close to a lot of historical sites, as well as many restaurants and bars. Plus, is within walking distance to Fenway. In addition to great location, the hotel staff was outstanding. I was upgraded to a river view room on a high floor upon check-in, just because I asked what rooms had the best view. And the view from the room was outstanding. Highly recommend the river views over the harbor view rooms. This hotel is pricey, but I would say well worth it based mainly on location.

Room Tip: On checking in just ask for an upgrade to a river view room. These rooms cost more because of the view, but maybe they'll upgrade you for free like they did for us.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Thank you very much for your very positive comments about your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. We couldn't ask for a better endorsement of our staff and service and I am happy to see we were able to accommodate your upgrade request...that is not always possible givne the occupancy. Once again thank you and come see us again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

This is one of the best Westin hotel I've stayed in. Let me just start by saying it's connected to a mall!! Yes you heard correct.....a mall. Not just a regular mall but a mall that has a LV, Jimmy Choo, and Michael Kors store. I stayed for one night during the NBA playoffs. Our room was a corner suite, with a great view of everything! We could see sail boats. It was amazing. Our suite was ALL windows which I loved.Room service was really good. Everyone was friendly, check in was fast, room was clean, bathroom was a little small, but I didn't care. Bed was very comfortable and the hotel is a block from train station, which was perfect because I took Amtrak. I really love this hotel and can't wait to visit Boston again to stay here. The men who are suppose to open your door and grab your bags when arriving were a bit slow and not helpful, but I didn't need them anyway. Would of been pissed if I did.

Room Tip: Ask for a high up corner suite!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you about your very positive comments about your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. I am delighted you were able to stay with us during the NBA Playoffs. We are very proud of all our employees and it is very unusal to hear that our door staff was not helpful...that is not a normal review of them, so something may have thrown them off their game, but I will be sure to share your comments with our Garage Manager in an effort to ensure it does not continue. Once again thank you and come see us again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Family trip to Boston last week was fantastic. I feel that the location of this property had much to do with our overall experience. We had a room on the 26th floor over looking the Charles River and Cambridge. This was a sight since our arrival day was beautiful and the river was full of sailboats. The rooms were fairly large with 2 very nice queen beds that were really comfy. Bathroom was nice but not spectacular. I found the best room rate for this hotel on hotwire, which beat all the other search engines and the hotel rate by far (approx $40-100/night). My only negative was having a room right across from the ice machine, but that was a very small issue.

The "T" was 1 block and easy to use. Great shopping 1-2 blocks. Great restaurants 1-2 blocks. Concierge was extremely helpful. Taxi's were always available even for a very early morning flight. The hotel was attached to 2 huge malls by a breezeway. High end and modest
shops aplenty. Starbucks on site. Did not try the restaurants or room service.

I do not see a downside to this hotel. Happy travels

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your very positive comments about your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. We couldn't ask for a better endorsement, and we certainly agree with your assesment on our location. We strive to make your stay as wonderful an experience as we possiblu can and hopefully we hit that mark. Once again thank you and come see us again soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

From the making of reservations over the phone right down to the bell hop out front, the staff are among the best in the country. Front desk efficiency was top notch. Dennis, the concierge on Friday night found my group a fantastic local spot to dine. Got us seats on a very busy might too!! We were at the hotel for a large family reunion that included use of the banquet rooms, a suite, multiple rooms, parking etc for about 75 people. We found every single detail was handled with class and a smile. The service was great, the food and drink delightful, and the environment fabulous. My room was on the 34th floor with a.view to due for. Our suite was on the top floor and was elegant!!! Even the kids working in the Starbucks were super. Brian and his coworkers made us great.coffee each morning and treated us well!! After a hot tired day of sight seeing, the guys out front offered us cold water and dry towels!!! Wow! My only complaint was the cost to park...$46 bucks a nite! Ouch. I used the lot across the street for half that! Otherwise no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Mildred O

Thank you very much for your very positive comments about your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. We couldn't ask for a better endorsement, and we certainly agree with your assesment on our location, and service which we are very proud of. Dennis is one of our more seasoned and professional employees, and I will be sure he is aware of your comments. We strive to make your stay as wonderful an experience as we possibly can and hopefully we hit that mark. Once again thank you and come see us again soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

I stayed at the Westin a week on business. Overall, the property is in a nice location, near the Green and Orange Lines of the "T" (public transportation), across the street from the beautiful library and near many shops and restaurants. The area is pretty high end so if you're looking for decent food at a low price, you can take the "T" two stops down on the Green Line to the Symphony station where you'll find a Whole Foods Market.

The room was fine. It had a beautiful view from the 28th floor. It was hard to get the room as cool as I'd like it but otherwise, everything in the room worked well.

The only thing that I would ding this hotel on is the staff. For example: one morning, the elevators stopped working. Announcements were made but they neglected to provide an approximation on how long it would take for the single working elevator to arrive. I waited 35 minutes and ended up walking down 28 flights of stairs in suit and heels, one day after walking up and down the 294 stairs in the Bunker Hill Monument! I felt badly for the elderly couple who were waiting for the elevator as they had a significant amount of luggage and were trying to catch a flight.

The second example is when I spoke to the front desk about the elevator snafu. The Westin credited my colleague's account when she inquired. The front desk offered me SPG points. When I requested a credit, the receptionist was clearly unhappy and at no point did she apologize for the inconvenience of the elevator mishap. None of the staff looked particulately engaged or interested.

If you'll be in Boston for a few days, it's worthwhile to purchase the 7-day "T" ticket for convenience and to save money. The ticket also gets you on the ferry from the Aquarium station to the USS Constitution, which is a beautiful ride.

The Westin is a fine place to stay if you're not looking for warm and engaging staff.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Member3

Thank you very much for your comments about your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. I was disturbed to hear that you felt that our employees were dis-interested. That is not what we strive for, nor I am sure, what you have come to expect from a Westin. To be honest the outtage was out of our controll and honestly caught us by surprise, so I am not sure that we handled the situation over the 35 minutes as well as we could have. We have met many times since and I can assure you we will be more prepared should 6 of the 7 elevators go out all at once. My spologies for the incinvenience and I hope you will be willing to give us another chance. If you would like to speak further about this I can be reached at michael.jorgensen@westin.com. Once again thank you and come see us again soon.